Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here in the hills of NE, most homes don't have AC though newer ones are built with it now. Hot spells, above 85 for 3-5 days are rare, but it's happening now!

Kate will be uncomfortable no matter what. One thing is for sure, she has top medical team monitoring everything.

LOL Yes I'm finding it funny the reaction to a few days of just over 30 degrees in England. I live in Oz so 30 is a lovely spring day here. People wanting people to get off work etc just seems so silly. Most offices would have air conditioning and fans are fine for that sort of tempreture. Kate would be uncomfortable so hopefully her parents either have a nice cool house or it's possible they do have a/c at least they have a pool. I hope this baby comes I think that live feed is funny bet the cleaner didn't think cleaning would make him a star. LOL Are the press doing shifts so the hospital is covered 24 hours?

I'm not shocked Kensington Palace has no air AC. I don't think London gets super hot, and when it does most of the Kensington Palace residents (as well as other royals in London) are probably at their country estates where they can escape the heat.

I wonder if the Gloucesters still have a place in the country. they sold their estate which belonged to Prince Henry and Princess Alice, due to death taxes, and live at Kensington Palace, where Alice lived with them too until her death. I read this. But maybe they go to some resort in the hottest times.

Same here in the hills of NE, most homes don't have AC though newer ones are built with it now. Hot spells, above 85 for 3-5 days are rare, but it's happening now!

Kate will be uncomfortable no matter what. One thing is for sure, she has top medical team monitoring everything.

Huh, I lived in Providence for 15 years and it was pretty common to have 2 to 4 weeks each summer with both temps and humidity above 90. Now I live near Seattle and it's much more moderate, but I did buy a portable AC unit.

Well, I must say that I am glad we are now beyond July 17 so that baby Cambridge will have its own birthday and not share the date with Camilla. Nothing against her, of course, but I do think it would have been awkward.

Well, I must say that I am glad we are now beyond July 17 so that baby Cambridge will have its own birthday and not share the date with Camilla. Nothing against her, of course, but I do think it would have been awkward.

While I a, glad it wasn't born today (I didn't want it to be born on Diana Birthday either) because now it can have it own birthday, Why would it be awkward if it had the same birthday as it Step Grandmother?

So I'm listening to Ryan Seacrest at work and he just reported that the previous due date was a cover-date and the actual due date has been released as July 23rd.

I'm living in Ticino - which is southside of the Alpen with hot weather every summer. I know not many houses who have A/C (I know only one). We have solid built houses which stay cool for quite some time, if you close the sun out in the day and open to the cooler night air. We have two fan's though.

A lot of people have summerreatreats a bit up in the mountains. Some live there for 3 to 4 month each year.

A/C other than in office-buildings is frowned upon as energy waisting devices. And righly so I think. There are a lot other possibilities to keep cool. Switzerland aim is to use not more than 2000w /p.

If the due date is July 23rd it is more probable that the birth will occur after July 23rd.
It is the first child and there is actualy a trend that first children are late (but very healthy)babies. If due date is in fact July 23rd it is even probable that the child can be born in the beginning of August.

The due has alway been mid July which is from the 10th-21st.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if the baby is already born?=)

The the birth will be announced in... I believe an hour.

Or are you suggesting that it was born awhile ago and it's birth hasn't been announced?

Yes:lol: Maybe they want to avoid this media chaos and giving wrong dates and addresses of hospitals;)just a guess

Last edited by a moderator:

With July 23rd I only quote Ish's post who just heard that due date is 23rd.
In theorie a birth is a terme between the 37th and the 42nd week of pregnancy.
Every date between 37 and 42 is normal. Due date in general is at 40 weeks
Today you see a lot of firstborn babies coming late, even after the 42nd week of pregnancy.
Seems a trend

Yes:lol: Maybe they want to avoid this media chaos and giving wrong dates and addresses of hospitals;)just a guess

I can understand the desire to give the wrong date, or even the wrong hospital to an extent. It would be very easy to claim that the baby came early or that they couldn't get to St. Mary's. I don't think they've done that, but I could see the desire to it.

That said it would be highly inappropriate for them to not announce the birth promptly when it happens. This isn't just some random celebrity's child, this is the child of a future monarch, and a future monarch at that.

With July 23rd I only quote Ish's post who just heard that due date is 23rd.
In theorie a birth is a terme between the 37th and the 42nd week of pregnancy.
Every date between 37 and 42 is normal. Due date in general is at 40 weeks
Today you see a lot of firstborn babies coming late, even after the 42nd week of pregnancy.
Seems a trend

There has never actually been an official due date, the best we've been given was mid-July, and that was at the beginning of the pregnancy. Due dates can change, so say the official due date was July 21 (mid month) and it got bumped, it could now be due July 23.

I am sure the duchess is in best hands and that the child will be born on the time that is best for him/her.
Those doctors know best!!!

Since the beginning of this month a lot of people are rather impatient about this birth.
All I want to say is that you have to take in consideration that a perfectly normal birth (the duchess wishes, if possible, to have her child on a natural way) can also take place on the 42nd week of pregnancy
A matter of patience.

So a birth for mid-July can also occur at the end of July or even the beginning of August

Last edited:
23rd July fits with Carole's comment of a Leo as Leo begins on 23rd July which is why I have always thought it was more likely a late July birth or even early August.

A WHOLE Load of Policemen and women have just turned up at the lindo wing on the live feed! I wonder if she's in labour?

Let's hope it's time! If the police have stepped up and there are more then usual maybe something is happening. I would love for it to happen sooner rather then later. I have a friend who just became a Granny for the second time to a little girl who came early she was bit too 8 pound 12 oz with a head of dark hair. I don't think baby C will be that big but I do see him or her having hair. Do we know if Kate had hair when she was born?

A WHOLE Load of Policemen and women have just turned up at the lindo wing on the live feed! I wonder if she's in labour?

I think that's happened every morning since early last week.

Nope..Nothing is happening.I guess its another week or so..

It has crossed my mind to wonder what it must be like for the other patients there at the moment: can they sense that the building is the focus of so much intense observation? Just a thought... :)

So it is unlikely that IA Kensington Palace will have been fitted with AC? I have always assumed the refitted visitor area at KP would have AC - the humidity control is a boon for old furniture and paintings, cloth, etc. Am I wrong about the AC there?

The visitor area will probably have something such as humidity control but not the private quarters. We are talking (under normal weather circs) or 3-5 hot days a year in the 80-85 range. Current weather is v.v. rare.

The Queen has just left the Ashes an hour early... Could she have received some news?!!

.. she won't be present at the birth; probably won't even visit in hospital.

You have to look for another reason ;)

Anyway, is the Lindo Wing the best site for a Live Feed? Will the Official news and the gathering of the crowds not come first from Buckingham Palace? All very interesting and exciting anyhow, but I must relinquish my post now and have some rest. Carry On :)

I've been wondering about this as well, Valerie Rose. I can imagine it happening - rushing across London to get pictures of the easel at BP, then rushing back to the hospital to get photos of the new baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom