Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also baby c won't be heir/heiress apparent until William is on the throne.

I love how some reporters report that thanks to the new law baby c will be 3rd in line to throne which baby c would have still be 3rd in line without the law. It just would have depended on what the future siblings were if baby c stayed there if a girl.

It is both. The position is heir to the throne. The title is either heir apparent or heir presumptive.

As others have noted, "heir apparent", "heir presumptive" and "heir to the throne" are not titles but positions. An heir is someone who has inherited something; Elizabeth II is the heir to the throne held by her predecessors. Charles is the heir apparent, literally meaning that it is apparent that he will become heir, i.e. inherit.
Heir apparent has never referred to a female before. There have been female heirs to the throne, but never a female heir apparent.

That is not quite so. Princess Anne of Denmark was heir apparent during the reign of her widowed brother-in-law/cousin, King William III. The Bill of Rights 1689 stipulated that the crown would pass to her even if he remarried and fathered a child. She would have preceded that child in the line of succession. She eventually became the last Queen of England and Scotland, and the first Queen of Great Britain.

Last edited:
As others have noted, "heir apparent", "heir presumptive" and "heir to the throne" are not titles but positions. An heir is someone who has inherited something; Elizabeth II is the heir to the throne held by her predecessors. Charles is the heir apparent, literally meaning that it is apparent that he will become heir, i.e. inherit.

That is quite so. Princess Anne of Denmark was heir apparent during the reign of her widowed brother-in-law/cousin, King William III. The Bill of Rights 1689 stipulated that the crown would pass to her even if he remarried and fathered a child. She would have preceded that child in the line of succession. She eventually became the last Queen of England and Scotland, and the first Queen of Great Britain.

Mary I was the the First English/British Queen of Britain/England not Anne.

That is not quite so. Princess Anne of Denmark was heir apparent during the reign of her widowed brother-in-law/cousin, King William III. The Bill of Rights 1689 stipulated that the crown would pass to her even if he remarried and fathered a child. She would have preceded that child in the line of succession. She eventually became the last Queen of England and Scotland, and the first Queen of Great Britain.

This was really well put.

If William III had had a child from a second marriage, the child would have been eligible to inherit after Anne (if Anne failed to have any children) and before George I.

Mary I was the the First English/British Queen of Britain/England not Anne.

Mary I was the first Queen of England.

Anne was the last Queen of England, the last Queen of Scotland, and the first Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain.

Mary I was Queen of England, not Queen of Great Britain.

That what I said. I said England/Great Britain because Britain was after the union of England and scotland. England is one of the U.K predecessors, although people's still call it England.

Last edited:
That what I said. I said England/Great Britain because Britain was after the union of England and scotland. England is one of the U.K predecessors, although people's still call it England.

Mary I was Queen of England, Anne was the first Queen Regnant of Great Britain. There is a difference. When Mary 1 was on the throne Scotland was a separate country with its own monarch. Anne was Queen after the Act of Union.

Mary I was Queen of England, Anne was the first Queen Regnant of Great Britain. There is a difference. When Mary 1 was on the throne Scotland was a separate country with its own monarch. Anne was Queen after the Act of Union.

Thanks, I knew that already. That now what I was saying

From the daily mail - detailed info on the royal birth.

Operation heir-lift! the helicopter's on standby and courtiers are primed: with Kate due on Saturday, here's your complete guide to the royal birth | Mail Online

My favourite bit is this quote

"But sources are now indicating that Mrs Middleton will not be present during the delivery, as has been suggested."

Yes- it was the DM that suggested it - as a main banner and implying how awful the Middletons are, as usual.

And they one again write that the baby is due next Saturday the 13th when no one including Will & Catherine, Buckingham Palace and Clarence House ever confirmed it!

Certainly Prince Phillip was quite blonde, and for a long time into his adulthood. I never knew HM was a red head as a child, all the photos I've ever seen were in B&W. Wasn't P charles a blonde baby, at least for a few years?
And, Diana's parents were blonde and redhead, all of her sibs were red head and she blonde childhood.
So William seems to carry a lot of light genes on his side.

Last edited:
And they one again write that the baby is due next Saturday the 13th when no one including Will & Catherine, Buckingham Palace and Clarence House ever confirmed it!
It's like they invent a story just to have something to write about and to bitch about once it doesn't happen the way they invented it

The 13th came about because a 'friend' told the press that other 'friends' were discussing the date of the 13th at a royal family bbq.

Carole Middleton has reportedly said that baby will be a Leo - which is 2 weeks away at least.

:previous:
Non of those statements have been confirmed as true. The only indication of a due date is Kate saying the baby is due around mid July.

If the royal helicopter is on standby, why not move it to RAF Valley when Wills is on shift. The train takes 4 hrs and the helicopter will take the same amount of time if it has to go from London to Wales and then back.

And even if we knew her due date, the baby is not guarantee to be born on that date. I wish the baby will be born on any date that hasn't been called.

Certainly Prince Phillip was quite blonde, and for a long time into his adulthood. I never knew HM was a red head as a child, all the photos I've ever seen were in B&W. Wasn't P charles a blonde baby, at least for a few years?
And, Diana's parents were blonde and redhead, all of her sibs were red head and she blonde childhood.
So William seems to carry a lot of light genes on his side.

I thought that her Majesty was blonde as a child. Most people seemed to color the B&W pics of her hair in blonde when she was a child, i'm surprised to learn that it's actually red.

Some here asked what searches I used to find info. I use the words 'royal', 'baby', 'labour', 'kate', 'hospital' and 'duchess of cambridge' in various different combinations but so far it's all been unsubstantiated rumours. Seems like the longer it takes, the crazier it gets. Unless they told us the wrong month on purpose so everyone would get tired before the actual date! :p

Some here asked what searches I used to find info. I use the words 'royal', 'baby', 'labour', 'kate', 'hospital' and 'duchess of cambridge' in various different combinations but so far it's all been unsubstantiated rumours. Seems like the longer it takes, the crazier it gets. Unless they told us the wrong month on purpose so everyone would get tired before the actual date! :p

I doubt they would tell us the wrong month

They've said mid-month, which it isn't yet. Plus with the fact that they haven't given an actual date and babies can come early or late, we really don't know when it's expected beyond July.

I'm sure the press who have lined up are hoping it's sooner rather then later. The helicopter being on standby is a good sign and I can see why it's at his place although one article said he would probably drive as it would take as long anyway. I think as long as he get's there in time he and Kate don't care how he get's to the hospital. Mid July has always been said but babies will come when they want too could be early could be late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom