Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you point where I said this?

They can stay in Balmoral with the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, Carole can go with them.

I didn't say you said that it wouldn't be a good idea for them to stay with the Middletons. You asked why wouldn't staying with Charles and Camilla be a good solution, and I asked why wouldn't the Middleton's be a good solution. That's all. They can stay wherever they like. It's my personal opinion that it would be more comfortable with Kate's parents if for no other reason than the schedules of the various Royals and because of the formality of the surroundings. Don't be so quick to be on the defensive.:flowers:

Why is everyone on here acting like this story is true? Stop arguing over something that is probably no more than tabloid gossip.

Isn't every single piece of news information we get about the royals tabloid gossip? In the Earl and Countess of Wessex thread they are discussing the couples attendance at the Swedish wedding this year. This hasn't been confirmed and information has come from 'inside sources'. However it has been taken as fact.

There is no 'arguing' there is a discussion taking place.

I was my mother's first birth and I arrived in two hours, three weeks early. Doctor told my mother to go to hospital, at her routine checkup, so she went there and she arrived just in time. First births do take longer statistically but that's just statistics.
It is also important to be near a hospital in case there is an emergency such as a placenta previa or baby not in position to be born. How many emergency Caesarians are there? Lots, I think.

Isn't every single piece of news information we get about the royals tabloid gossip? In the Earl and Countess of Wessex thread they are discussing the couples attendance at the Swedish wedding this year. This hasn't been confirmed and information has come from 'inside sources'. However it has been taken as fact.

There is no 'arguing' there is a discussion taking place.

Yup, that is true...

And I am getting annoyed with "royal journalists" assuming they know his decision on whether he should leave or stay in the raf...when they clearly don't...its like geez have patience. Last time he made a career decision all of them were surprised with his decision.

I'm sorry but what first time mum does not look to their own mother for help?! Unless for some reason their mother isn't around. Catherine has come into a life that is regimented, strict, and unforgiving. Family is where she can relax and be herself.

IF this story is true, I can completely understand it especially for the first few months when Catherine is on maternity leave.
I have to agree. According to the articles, their apartment will not be ready before Baby Cambridge makes his/her debut. Renovation work revealed asbestos and this set the timeline back until Fall 2013.

William will have his paternity leave, but then must return to RAF Valley. The couple has chosen not to hire a maternity nurse and Kate/Baby will need assistance after they leave the hospital. (Typical recovery time for mothers is 6 weeks, but C-sections can be up to 8 weeks.) Women go through a lot physically and emotionally after giving birth and having trusted family members to help can be beneficial to both mum and baby.

I'm going to speculate that other London BRF residences are not available or suitable for a new mother/baby's schedule. The Middletons have the space available and can help with assisting their daughter and grandchild. Kate and baby can be close to their London physicians and the other set of grandparents will be closer to their new grandchild than if the family were in Wales.

The can come and live with us while they're still sprucin' up KP. But I don't do no middle of the night stuff. And they better bring one o' those diaper genies. :cool:
I've sent them one as a baby gift. I hand glued dozens of "jewels" to recreate William's crest. :p

I was my mother's first birth and I arrived in two hours, three weeks early. Doctor told my mother to go to hospital, at her routine checkup, so she went there and she arrived just in time. First births do take longer statistically but that's just statistics.
It is also important to be near a hospital in case there is an emergency such as a placenta previa or baby not in position to be born. How many emergency Caesarians are there? Lots, I think.
I've had two C-sections. My first child was breech and many ob/gyns do not want to risk a vaginal birth so they opt for a C-section. If labor does not progress or there is fetal/maternal distress then the doctor will likely advise a surgical birth.

The couple has chosen not to hire a maternity nurse and Kate/Baby will need assistance after they leave the hospital.
I think this information is a gossip only.
Cambridges will need a nanny and will take her. All Windsors and all Middletons have jobs (including Carol) and they can't help all the time.
Wessexes, Philipses, Linley, lord Nicholas Windsor, Lewises, Gilmans have nannies.

:previous: TLLK makes a point that there are differences - especially in the UK - between maternity nurses (sometimes called baby nurses) and nannies etc.

A maternity or baby nurse generally helps the mother between the time she leaves the hospital and the baby is at least 2 months old (the newborn period). Link to explain the differences are here: Private Maternity Nurse, Maternity Nursing, Baby Nurse

The recent discussion - true or not - (about the Cambridges returning to the Middleton residence after the baby is born) seems to center around the fact that William and Kate may have chosen to have her mother, Carole, provide this guidance rather than hire an official maternity/baby nurse.

Nannies, of course, fulfill a different function, and no doubt, in time, there will be a nanny (or nannies) for this baby. After all, it's not like Kate is going to tuck the baby under her arm and take it to her engagements. ;)

Last edited:
After all, it's not like Kate is going to tuck the baby under her arm and take it to her engagements. ;)

Oh, but think of the pictures if she did!

Deleted text.

Last edited:
It has been know for 2 years know that Kensington palace apt 1 would not be ready until the fall of 2013 because of asbestos. I don't know why Rebecca English is presenting this as brand new information

:previous: TLLK makes a point that there are differences - especially in the UK - between maternity nurses (sometimes called baby nurses) and nannies etc.

A maternity or baby nurse generally helps the mother between the time she leaves the hospital and the baby is at least 2 months old (the newborn period). Link to explain the differences are here: Private Maternity Nurse, Maternity Nursing, Baby Nurse

The recent discussion - true or not - (about the Cambridges returning to the Middleton residence after the baby is born) seems to center around the fact that William and Kate may have chosen to have her mother, Carole, provide this guidance rather than hire an official maternity/baby nurse.

Nannies, of course, fulfill a different function, and no doubt, in time, there will be a nanny (or nannies) for this baby. After all, it's not like Kate is going to tuck the baby under her arm and take it to her engagements. ;)
Thank you CanRoyal for sharing this information. Yes I did specify maternity nurse as I do believe that the couple will eventually hire a nanny to care for the baby when they're busy with engagements.

Now as for tucking baby Cambridge under her arm, I'm sure one of our clever Royal Forums designers could create a series of slings or front carriers to coordinate with Kate's outfits. William will be easy because his baby carrier will just need to work with a blue suit. ;)

It has been know for 2 years know that Kensington palace apt 1 would not be ready until the fall of 2013 because of asbestos. I don't know why Rebecca English is presenting this as brand new information
BINGO! I'm sure that once the couple informed their families about the pregnancy then they began considering where they'd live once the baby arrived. William would have known that he'd have to return to RAF Valley after his paternity leave ended so Kate and baby would need a comfortable place to live while the apartment was being completed. Nott Cottage wasn't going to be that place.

Why wouldn't they stay in Anglesey while William still works for the RAF???

This is the wrong thread - there is one for the middleton family.

Actually that article has a few relevant points. In it, Gary says Kate will indeed live with Carole for awhile after the baby is born

I stayed with my mother after all my three deliveries. My sister did the same.

My daughter also stayed with me after her deliveries. She had a daughter at the age of 44, so she needed a lot of attention and care.

In my opinion, the Duchess of Cambridge will be right if she decide to stay with her mother.

I'm sure this is a culture thing but I don't know a single woman who went to stay with her own family after the birth and after the first few days they where alone during the day (not counting visiters). All off these women had husbands who went back to work after a few days off.
As for the distance. They could take a plane... It's not that far...
I think I would see this as the perfect time to bond as a family without too many bystanders.

Yeah it would be odd here to see a married woman go stay with her mother (anyone other than at home with her husband) after she gave birth. Much more likely to see a family member come stay with them if they had a real need for them (problem delivery etc).

LaRae

She would be completely alone. No family or close friends nearby and William working the series of 24 hour shifts.

It is not practical for her to join local mother and baby groups because of privacy issues. When you take on the royal family life, it can be isolating.

This is only for a short period so I don't really see why anyone would think it a problem.

Well quite frankly she'd simply be in the position many women are in when they are married to military men.

LaRae

She would be completely alone. No family or close friends nearby and William working the series of 24 hour shifts.

It is not practical for her to join local mother and baby groups because of privacy issues. When you take on the royal family life, it can be isolating.

This is only for a short period so I don't really see why anyone would think it a problem.

Agreed. It seems like a pretty ideal short term solution. I imagine the workers are doing their best to get their apartment ready as soon as possible.

Plus that's quite a distance to travel with a newborn to get out there

I'm not sure why distance would be an issue, yes it's a 4 hour drive but that baby would more than likely sleep. It's a drive they're going to have to do at some point.

I'm sure this is a culture thing but I don't know a single woman who went to stay with her own family after the birth and after the first few days they where alone during the day (not counting visiters). All off these women had husbands who went back to work after a few days off.
As for the distance. They could take a plane... It's not that far...
I think I would see this as the perfect time to bond as a family without too many bystanders.
I think if William's work schedule was 9-5 Mon.-Fri. then that would work out, but it isn't. Friends of mine who are married to men with similar work schedules (firefighters) have had their mothers come to help out in the first six weeks because of their spouse's work demands.

Also since the Cambridges are likely to be London based in the future, I would guess that easy access to their pediatrician and Kate's ob/gyn play a role in their decision.

Well quite frankly she'd simply be in the position many women are in when they are married to military men.

LaRae

I don't think so. Military wives bond but with wives of the same "rank". This is certainly the case in the Uk in my experience. Catherine is in a difficult position in that privacy issues, top of Williams agenda, make it difficult for her to mix.

We haven't heard of any classes that most mums to be attend and if she had, we would know, never mind the pix.

She isn't the same as other military wives.

LaRae
And William is fortunate that as active duty officer that he is based in the UK and not overseas ie: Afghanistan. He'll be present for the birth, have a short paternity leave and then return to Wales.

I'm not sure why distance would be an issue, yes it's a 4 hour drive but that baby would more than likely sleep. It's a drive they're going to have to do at some point.

I'm sure they will do it at some point, but right after the birth, Kate is going to be exhausted and recovering and figuring things out. It would be so hard to do a four hour drive in the first two weeks or so of the baby's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom