Queen Margrethe's Golden Jubilee Celebrations 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Obviously not outside Denmark. Such a pity!

Yes, unfortunately only the cameras from the TV channels have access to what happens now - the greeting of guests, the procession and the speeches nd entertainment during the evening.

Billed Bladet and the papers only had cameras at the arrivals.

But do check this link in about two hours from this is posted: https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/dr1_20875
That should cover speeches and some entertainment.
Hopefully you can see that outside DK.

Excellent photos from DM:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11201729/Queen-Denmark-celebrates-golden-jubilee.html

Trivia. - Some lipreading enabled me to learn that the guests and the DRF say "godaften" = good evening to each other when greeting - and nothing else.
They are still in the greeting process . there are after all some 400 guests, So that's short, sweet and adequate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, unfortunately only the cameras from the TV channels have access to what happens now - the greeting of guests, the procession and the speeches nd entertainment during the evening.

Billed Bladet and the papers only had cameras at the arrivals.

But do check this link in about two hours from this is posted: https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/dr1_20875
That should cover speeches and some entertainment.
Hopefully you can see that outside DK.

Yesterday DR opened the link to the concert and I was able to watch the live feed of the show, intermission etc.

As is protocol the head of state who has seniority is sitting to the right of QMII at the main table, That's the Swedish King. While the next most senior head of state sits to her left, that's the Norwegian King.
The Presidents of Finland and Iceland are also seated at the main table.

- That sometime leads to interesting situations!
At an international even hosted by DK some years ago, QMII ended up having Fidel Castro as her table partner, because he was the head of state present who had held that office the longest.
For once he was in civilian.

QMII has just called for everyone present to have one minute of silence in respect for QEII.
As the first thing actually, because they have all just went to their tables.

A lot of the ladies today are wearing a big golden cross does have a special meaning or was this just a coincidence.

I wonder if you mean Ridderkorset = The Knights Cross?
https://ps.au.dk/fileadmin/Statskundskab/Billeder/Nyheder/Ridderkorset_Michael_Bang_Petersen.jpg

The PM started her speech with a tribute to QEII and talked about the connections between the DRF and BRF.
She also mentioned Ukraine.

At an international even hosted by DK some years ago, QMII ended up having Fidel Castro as her table partner, because he was the head of state present who had held that office the longest.

Now that would have been one I want to hear about. ;)

It seems no nephews and nieces this time. A bit strange as they are all in town and 10 years ago the attended

They at least were at the lunch (see picture PPE). Did they also attend the church service this morning?

Last edited:
As is protocol the head of state who has seniority is sitting to the right of QMII at the main table, That's the Swedish King. While the next most senior head of state sits to her left, that's the Norwegian King.
The Presidents of Finland and Iceland are also seated at the main table.

It's actually the Icelandic and Finnish First Ladies that are seated at the main table. I think the Presidents are seated at Mary and Frederik's respective tables (Iceland's at Frederik's and Finland's at Mary's, I think).

Main table is (QMII–R): QMII, CG, Jenni Haukio (the Finnish FL), Henrik Dam Kristensen (speaker of the Danish Parliament), Mette Frederiksen (PM of Denmark), Bárður á Steig Nielsen (PM of the Faroe Islands), Anne-Marie, Múte Bourup Egede (PM of Greenland), Benedikte, then I'm pretty sure it's Thomas Rørdam (President of the Supreme Court), Eliza Jean Reid (the Icelandic FL), Harald.

A guy is singing a personal tribute to QMII and Mary is tearing up with laughter.

It's actually the Icelandic and Finnish First Ladies that are seated at the main table. I think the Presidents are seated at Mary and Frederik's respective tables (Iceland's at Frederik's and Finland's at Mary's, I think).

Main table is (QMII–R): QMII, CG, Jenni Haukio (the Finnish FL), Henrik Dam Kristensen (speaker of the Danish Parliament), Mette Frederiksen (PM of Denmark), Bárður á Steig Nielsen (PM of the Faroe Islands), Anne-Marie, Múte Bourup Egede (PM of Greenland), Benedikte, then I'm pretty sure it's Thomas Rørdam (President of the Supreme Court), Eliza Jean Reid (the Icelandic FL), Harald.

That's odd.

Apart from those who have to be at the main table, there is no obvious pattern to me.
Oh, well.

:previous: In having the two first ladies at the main table instead of the two presidents, it creates parity between the genders in the sense that there are 6 men and 6 women at the table.

I suppose she could have swapped Harald and CG for Sonja and Silvia to include the presidents but I suspect she wished to have the two kings as her table partners.

:previous: In having the two first ladies at the main table instead of the two presidents, it creates parity between the genders in the sense that there are 6 men and 6 women at the table.

I suppose she could have swapped Harald and CG for Sonja and Silvia to include the presidents but I suspect she wished to have the two kings as her table partners.

Sounds plausible to me.

DR1 should have started their coverage by now.
https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/20875

Rerun of arrivals right now.

Sounds plausible to me.

DR1 should have started their coverage by now.
https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/20875

Rerun of arrivals right now.

Unfortunately DR did not open the link. Oh well. The DRF should make use of their YouTube channel and put the arrivals and at least the speeches on there with subtitles. I'm sure they'd get 1000s of views and engagement from people outside DK. The should remember that Mary brought an international audience to the DRF and they should capitalize on that.

It's the video with this headline you need to watch, in order to see Mary tear up with laughter: Malte Ebert synger kærlighedssang til dronningen

Frederik is giving his speech. His high-school teacher classes do clash with his gala uniform. :lol:
His glasses signals kindness, perhaps a little distraction - but combined with a military uniform? The result is funny.

Frederik is praising his partnership with his mother and reassures her that when the times comes he will take over the helm of the ship securely.

His speech is very much a navy speech - referring to QMII as the captain, so to speak, and him as her first officer.

Last edited:
It's the video with this headline you need to watch, in order to see Mary tear up with laughter: Malte Ebert synger kærlighedssang til dronningen

Frederik is giving his speech. His high-school teacher classes do clash with his gala uniform. :lol:
His glasses signals kindness, perhaps a little distraction - but combined with a military uniform? The result is funny.

Frederik is praising his partnership with his mother and reassures her that when the times comes he will take over the helm of the ship securely.

His speech is very much a navy speech - referring to QMII as the captain, so to speak, and him as her first officer.

I am not seeing the speech live, but isn't it a little bit indelicate on his part to mention "the times when he will take over the helm of the ship" as we all know when those times come in a monarchy where the King or Queen will never abdicate?

:previous: I thought it was very poignant. Especially in light of QMII's colleagues death a few days ago. A reassurance that he will continue where she will eventually leave off – even though, as he also mentioned, he is different than her. QMII looked very moved.

Last edited:
Frederik's speech was wonderful. Very heartfelt. I loved how he highlighted their differences but how he's learned from her and when his time comes he's ready. I don't think he had to go down a checklist of how he's ready. Personally, he's been ready since at least when he turned 50 and he looked and sounded kingly tonight. He gave a clear, confident speech with poignant moments, a little humor and honoring his mother. It was his way of saying that even though he is different from her in some respects the history, traditions that she's helped instill in him will carry on with him. It was just done in a very Frederik way which is how it should be.

IMO he should already be regent but that's not a discussion for here.

Seeing the transcript and the video of his delivery...it was wonderful.

Video of his speech

Last edited:
I was just reading Frederik's speech, and in my opinion it is a good speech. And yes, he talks about the guarantee of continuity, says that he says he will follow the Queen like she followed her father and Christian will follow him. :flowers:

His reference to queen Elizabeth:

A lifetime of sailing will offer both choppy waters and rough seas. It cannot be avoided. Only a few days ago you lost a close friend on the other side of the North Sea. A confidential support over many years. It's the way of life.

And a few sentences later the part on him steering the ship forward when the time comes (also referring to Mary as the deputy commander).

And may I add; commander and deputy commander form a particularly excellent team. An inspired pair race with width and a number of years behind it. So many that you can be sure that when the time comes, I will steer the ship forward with what we have shared as ballast. I will carry it forward with honor, with care and with an eye that the stars will always shine and guide me as they have guided you and others before us.
(...)
For the ship, we share it, it is our responsibility. I follow you as you followed your father and as Christian will follow me. In this way, our lives overlap – fortunately – but you alone have the helm. The command has only one owner on the bridge between generations with the same mission.

Last edited:
:previous: her gown and earrings are beautiful. Really love Mrs Haukio style.

Back
Top Bottom