Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 29: August 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Ard Ri I think PA likes to visit countries that aren't quite so large and/or powerful, hence the concentration on countries like the Baltic States.
It also gives him the chance to increase the number of consulates and (to a lesser extent) embassies.

An Ard Ri I think PA likes to visit countries that aren't quite so large and/or powerful, hence the concentration on countries like the Baltic States.
It also gives him the chance to increase the number of consulates and (to a lesser extent) embassies.

Hadn't thought of that & it makes sense.

TV Festival:
Lovely Patrick Duffy !! (from "Dallas")
He's still gorgeous......it's the Irish blood....

Patrick Duffy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice to see there's still the Prix Spécial Prince Rainier III:
All four nominees are eco-related.

Last edited:
PA at the Musée Océanographique:

The watchmaker Hublot of Nyon (Switzerland) presents his latest creation to PA and the Musée.
The sculpted watch can dive 4000 metres deep...

This is the article from the Swiss newspaper BLICK, with the heading "I'm counting the days".

http://www.blick.ch/people/royals/ich-zaehle-schon-die-stunden-174196

It's a very interesting article. First, Adolf Ogi (ex minister) presents him with a special crystal. PA had already received one of these crystals at St. Moritz 16 years ago.

Sir Alex Ferguson was a guest

Jean-Claude Biver (CEO of Hublot) went into partnership with Prince Albert the First and co-founded the Oceanic Institute.

Wine, Fondue and Alp horn music .... Albert stirs the fondue... shakes hands with the alp horn players...

Last edited:
"Fastes et Grandeur des Cours en Europe"

"Splendour and Grandeur of European Courts" -
from the 16th to the 20th Centuries

The Grimaldi Forum's summer exhibition - based on these emblematic figures whose lives, roles and passions marked the history of their dynasties and countries.

600 exceptional works of art from prestige institutions and royal and princely collections

From June 11th till September 11th, 2011

www.grimaldiforum.mc

Also on Facebook:
Videos Posted by The Grimaldi Forum Monaco: Teaser Exposition "Fastes & Grandeur des Cours en Europe" | Facebook

French Riviera Tourism
Exposition Fastes et Grandeur des Cours en Europe – Grimaldi Forum Monaco - French Riviera tourism

The Attractiveness of Monaco -
- or How to pull in more rich people to the Rock
Less than a year ago, PA and his advisors put their heads together and came up with a "road map" to show them how to make Monaco more attractive, especially to extremely rich people.

Yesterday, PA and Michel Roger launched the "Conseil stratégique pour l'attractivité" (CSA). About 50 people are on this new body.

PA talked about "a real geopolitical revolution" which needs "a strategic reorientation" for Monaco, and he wants everyone to try to get rid of stereotypes and habits.

Michel Roger said Monaco needs to find again "dynamic and responsible growth" and to bring back its richness.

Monaco has two new initiatives : Monaco Business Office, and IMSEE (Institut Monégasque de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques)

M. Roger's last word on the matter:
"Le CSA n'est pas un gadget. C'est une évidence".

http://www.monacomatin.mc/article/economie/attractivite-ou-comment-attirer-les-riches-sur-le-rocher

Last edited:
Monaco has run out of land so they need to attract richer people. They are also in the process of building a 50 story business building so they need to attract new businesses. PA has said they need to grow their economy at 3% per year (as does everyone else) just to maintain their current lifestlye. They are currently growing at much less they that. The government seems to be very good at strategic planning. They have to be. When you are only 2 square km you don't have alot of options.

I hope they are successful...now if they could just build a low-income (Monaco standards) high rise apartment building, I'd move in a minute.

Low or moderately priced housing for Monaco?? How is THAT going to attract seriously rich people??

I am not making the connection here....

Low or moderately priced housing for Monaco?? How is THAT going to attract seriously rich people??

Everything's relative. If you'd read the article, you'd see that the strategy being discussed is to attract the uber-rich. If you had a billion dollars, I doubt if you'd be satified with an apartment that costs just a few million.

You'd be wrong smdouglas...I'd be over the moon with an apartment that cost "just" a few million...particularly if it was on the French Riviera.....!!

It's all relative, as smdouglas pointed out.

Just another point on the article:
Monaco has only very recently created the IMSEE, the body which oversees the economic and statistical data and projections for Monaco.

This is a system they copied from the French !

There it is known as the INSEE, the Institut national de la statistique et des études économiques.

Evidentally, I need more time in Joke Telling School.

LOL...and you're a billionaire?

Something is being lost in translation here...big time.:ermm:

What I meant was that if I was a billionaire, I probably would not find it that big a deal to pay that type of money for a place in a location like the Riviera.

Obviously, I'm NOT a billionare or else I would not be trolling message boards discussing Royals and aristocrats... and growing more bored by the millisecond. I should think I'd be fairly busy.

Last edited:
Kitty the government housing is probably for citizens and essential personnel eg. police, fire, Drs. I am sure some of the original Monegasques would be priced out of Monaco if it weren't for government subsidies. Catering to the wealthy is a double edged sword.

A proportion of Monegasques cannot afford the house/flat prices in Monaco. They tend to look for less exorbitant prices and find themselves apartments outside the Monaco borders, hence the large number of motorists from the "communautés limitrophes" - i.e. those who live outside Monaco, but close to its border.

These are some of the people PA has invited to the free concert and other events.

The Attractiveness of Monaco - part two:

On Tuesday, June 21st, 2011, the Jeune Chambre Economique de Monaco (JCE) will launch the "Monaco en chiffres, 2011" publication from IMSEE (Institut Monégasque de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques), at the Hotel de Paris, Monaco.

www.jcemonaco.mc

Last edited by a moderator:
The Attractiveness of Monaco - Part Three

It seems to me that PA has chosen the Jeune Chambre Economique de Monaco to contribute to the "attractiveness" agenda in a big way.

In June alone, there have been eight different events organised by JCE.

The Attractiveness of Monaco - part four - but for whom ?

Albert and his Government have a difficult job keeping track of undesirables and serious criminals, despite having good border surveillance.
But the border still seems to be porous, as these latest reports show:

Roberto Cima, considered as one of the Top 100 of the most dangerous mafiosi from Calabria, was apprehended at Ventimiglia (Vintimille), close to Monaco.
Un boss de la mafia calabraise à Menton | monacomatin.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like "border control" problems are going on all over the world, which imho would be solved if people just stayed amongst their own kind, in their own countries, in their own barrios, and stopped crossing the border where they are not welcome.

Troublemakers have existed from the beginning of time, and Monaco is not exempt, where there's a will there's a way, which is two-fold, unfortunately.

Such a small country, I hope they can do something about it.

Renata, no more than any other country. Their crime rate is fairly low.

But I'm not talking here about pickpockets or parking tickets.
The report was about one of the Top 100 mafiosi slipping to and fro the border.
Corsican criminals are also active. And there are oligarchs in Monaco...

A small country like Monaco can be destabilised by all the above.

Renata, that took place in France and Italy, not Monaco. You do not have to go through Monaco to go between Nice and the Italian border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom