Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 10: January 2008 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL "could easily be mistaken for its most famous former resident, Grace Kelly,"

What nonsense do some journalists write to fill the pages.
It may be a matter of interpretation but, I don´t think it is jealuosy what some Monegasques feel, but astonishment at the princes choice, and by making this statement she doesn´t help much to her approaching to common people.

Btw, two friend in 4 years? so she hasn´t established any ties, for instance, Caroline, Charlotte, etc...
One of the reasons maybe that unpleasant look she always has for people not to approach her. She´s confusing this with jealousy. The thing is you get from people what you radiate.

^I think that she was reffering to non-family members,but you're quite right actually..

2 friends in 4 years? Wow, that's hard. At least, she has two friends, could have been worse, no friends.
And...shouldn't she call Harry "Prince Harry?" Even Prince Charles calls his mother "Her Majesty".

I think she met Harry on the polo field - a very informal occasion - surely she could be forgiven for calling him Harry ??

Yes, some people use the term friend to include just about anyone they talk to and others use it only for those people they know very well and trust greatly. In a small place like Monaco it doesn't seem unusual to have a very limited number of friends, and also good policy to keep some distance given that she will soon be Princess Consort. I wonder how many true friends Albert has inside the principality. I believe most of Grace & Rainiers close friends were from outside the principality as well. Grace briefly experimented with inviting locals to lunches or dinners at the palace but it wasnt successful. The Monagasques were shy about dining privately with the princely couple and the parties never gelled. Rainier also spoke about the sovereign needing to maintain some distance, he said it was fine when Albert was the heir but as monarch it didn't work.
Anyway, it will likely take her a few more years, and the birth of children, for her to truely feel at home and be accepted in the principality, something she would also share with her late mother in law.

This is a credible reason on why Charlene has only made 2 friends in four years. I wouldn't imagine that she is leaving the Palace to hang out with the people.

I remember a very good friend of mine who had recently moved somewhere (to Philadelphia from Baltimore) and he commented that he didn't need to make any new friends because he had already had great friends and didn't think he need anymore. I thought that was odd comment to make but then he asked me if I had made any new friends from life. And I had to think about it...and I hadn't. One or two from my each job but I have kept my cluster of friends.

So that could be a reason on why she hasn't made any new friends. Although I will agree that at perhaps it wasn't wise to say such a thing in an interview. It does come off as standoffish maybe its not the case but one could read that into the interview.

Is this an actual interview...why would she sit with the Telegraph.

I have to applaud the honesty that CW has spoken with here if it is CW indeed.Hasn't she been derided and bashed constantly for being the interloper that somehow got the Prince to marry her? The odds were against her granted . But she won out.
When CW says friends maybe she means "bosom buddies"; or friends of the heart;In her interview CW speaks of experiencing jealousy and that is something I would not have brought up at all.It just maybe continental European snobbery.. which is plenteous and not "jealousy' in the pure form. Having experienced this however in the environment for four years now I wonder what prompted CW to say yes to a marriage proposal that by what CW interprets is a passively hostile environment.[containing jealousy]jmo and over which CW must reign and gain favour. Hopefully this will change.

OMG, this interview that Charlene gave in Telegraph is just bad. :eek: She tells that Monaco people are wonderful but some Monaco elite is jealous? How unpleasant and arrogant it is of her to speak this way about people of her future country. She tells she that most people around her are just acquaintances, how rude to put down people around her who maybe try to be nice for her. Even if they pretend to be nice , can be she just more polite? :bang:
CW's statement that people are jealous about her shows that she considers herself a very special person. She should be more humble.
She also mentions Harry by name only. She is not royal yet but she really acts like she is.:whistling: It is very remarkable that Charlene calls Harry "a very interesting young man" and she wants to see him again.:p
Charlene appears here as immature, arrogant, not humble, cocky and simply unpleasant woman. Well, maybe this is who she really is?:whistling:

Lakshmi, you forgot this epic sentence of the text:

She spoke of her desire to see the modernisation of the 900-year-old principality, with the opening of a branch of the coffee chain Starbucks, and a Manolo Blahnik shop, the designer shoe label.

:ROFLMAO:

I don´t want to be mean, but aren´t there people from the court who could helps her?

Fürstin Taxis, thanks.
Oh yeah, right. CW is only a fiance but she pompously states that she wants to modernize Monaco . After this "serious' statement she mentions something shallow like introducing Starbucks and shoe shop as the way to modernize principality. :lol: She is arrogant and shallow in the same time. :lol:
They should keep her away from media because she is going to ruin this beautiful image of her that palace PR tries to built so hard.:ROFLMAO:

Lakshmi, you forgot this epic sentence of the text:

She spoke of her desire to see the modernisation of the 900-year-old principality, with the opening of a branch of the coffee chain Starbucks, and a Manolo Blahnik shop, the designer shoe label.

:ROFLMAO:

I don´t want to be mean, but aren´t there people from the court who could helps her?
This is a bizarre statement about Starbucks and Manolo Blahnik.Yes the mention of Harry does appear to be like they are close to each other.Instead of saying how Cw intends to do good works for the principality-through her humanitarianism, a lot of things have come out that maybe were better left unsaid.

I hope the "900 year-old Monaco" sentence is not hers. Monaco is 712 years old. Probably the journalist mistake, but a serious one.
And it´s hard to think of a place in Europe even more modern than Montecarlo.

I find it odd that Charlene gives an interview to the Telegraph and then what's incredible is that she complains about people in Monaco being jealous of her and talks of wanting to "modernize" Monaco as if the Principality is still in the Dark Ages. The rest of the European Princesses gave interviews and praised their soon to be adopted countries and the people. Charlene has made a big mistake with this interview. At the very least, she should have thought before she spoke. I wonder when Charlene and Albert wed, just how long the marriage will last if she's unhappy already plus she'll always be compared with Princess Grace.

If indeed Charlene did give this interview, she needs alot of work on her diplomacy skills.

I'll be interested to hear what the book says when it comes out November 25 in France titled "Charlene and the Angels of Monaco".

Charlene did not give an interview to the Telegraph itself, she has given
one to the Tatler, in parts it indeed sounds a bit unsuccessful, we would
need the real one to see what she has answered exactly and what the
contexts have been. I can for example imagine that the interviewer asked
about "Harry" and she simply picked up on that. Interviews can obviously
only be improved by learning by doing and the trial-and-error method ;)

Once again, here is a young woman whom i belive wanted more than anything to be the next Princess of Monaco and being the competitive type of woman she is made it happen. I've looked at photos of her early on in the relationship taken au natural and i don't see where she is very pretty or feminine. Perhaps it was her photos in sports illustrated that first attracted him to her. There is photos out there where she is wearing a bikini walking into a hot tub and her physic looks that of body builder and then of her walking to a gym perhaps in Monaco with a baseball hat on and she again looks less then feminine. I don't know perhaps it was her personality that attracted him to her :)

Now... all her "looks" from her wardrobe to her chignon reminds me of Princess Grace's style. I wish she could adapt her own personality into her looks.

Last edited:
I read on other royal board that some mag stated Charlene went on vacation to South Africa. Vacation from what I wonder? I don't think she is really working...

She will go perhaps to South Africa because there is a remembered office for her Grandfather and there will be a ceremony, go on the local of Benoni, there is a report on the grandfather Dudley Wittstock.

I read on other royal board that some mag stated Charlene went on vacation to South Africa. Vacation from what I wonder? I don't think she is really working...
I wonder the same...she might got tired of the fly to japan so she needs to rest..:whistling:

Oh, please, here come the sour grapes, again. They use the word vacation to indicate a trip. I am retired and when I go away we refer to it as a vacation, although, being retired from your prespective, I can't use the word vacation. It could have said she returned home to see her family, but then you would have citicized that, too.

I love how people catches my irony here...
It could be as melina said, something about her grandfather.

Where have you read that Charlene was at South Africa? I talk about her grandfather because I saw this on a newspaper on line it is Benoni local.It is not said that Charlene will be there, this is just a remark

Wow...people getting into a potential tizzy about a vacation that has been or not been confirmed.

What is the source of this alleged "vacation." Not the board....the source (i.e. media outlet).

Sometimes I think in this instant age of information and gratification.....our opinions and dislikes (both positive and negative) are formed without people doing a bit of research. Or taking someone's word as face value.

Oh, please, here come the sour grapes, again. They use the word vacation to indicate a trip. I am retired and when I go away we refer to it as a vacation, although, being retired from your prespective, I can't use the word vacation. It could have said she returned home to see her family, but then you would have citicized that, too.
Charlene has experienced jealousy before so this is not new.

Living in the British Isles, I don't use the word "vacation" at all, so that could make things even more complicated :)).

Somehow the need for tightening one's belt has given rise to the term "staycation" which is even worse :)))

I suppose that CW, apart from being schooled by the Palace, may want to spend time with ther family and friends in S.A. before she has to play Princess in earnest.

Nobody here has any idea of what her life is made of right now... after all she has a lot of things to learn ! So better not judge !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom