Haakon and Mette-Marit Current Events: April 2007 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens to me to...I assume its a link from the photo site. The picture is covered by some sort of advert or link and when you click to go to the picture the site opens as well. Irritating I just don't open photos from this site (imagevenue) anymore. If anyone can tell me how to avoid it I would appreciate it.

It happens to me to...I assume its a link from the photo site. The picture is covered by some sort of advert or link and when you click to go to the picture the site opens as well. Irritating I just don't open photos from this site (imagevenue) anymore. If anyone can tell me how to avoid it I would appreciate it.

Block th epop ups in the internet settings or the security programme & you only get the pop ups when you click for the first time and then the other links are opened without pop ups.

Thank you for the lovely pictures. MM looked lovely.

I replaced the Imagevenue links and hosted the pictures via another hosting page.
You can open them now without worrying. :)

Here's an additional gallery from gettyimages/wireimage:

** January 7, 2009 **

And the first pics from tonight:

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit arriving at
NHO gala dinner at the Norwegian Opera Thursday night.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

She looks really good in both events today. Nice to see her start the year with some color!

she looks great ! in both out fits

M-M looks lovely in her outfits. She and Haakon looks happy in the pictures.:)

The Crown Princely Couple Visit to Aust-Agder: August 31-September 2, 2010

Prince Haakon and Princess Mette Marit on board the Royal Yact "Norge" will visit the Aust-Agder county on August 31 to September 2, 2010.

They will visit the municipalities of Evje and Hornnes, Grimstad, Froland, Arendal, Vegårshei and Gjerstad.

kongehuset.no - Kronprinsparet til Aust-Agder

This thread will remain closed until close the event. :flowers: If you have any new information to add, please contact any of the Norwegian Moderators.

Last edited:
Nice to see my favorite CP couple!
MM looks quite elegant today! I like her outfit, the skirt is very pretty and even the black hoses look good... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think IA is really a beautiful girl... very promising for the future !

Little Princess Ingrid looks shy in a lot of the recent pictures I've seen of her, including the wedding photos. I don't imagine it's easy having to be in front of the public so much.

The little princess will be a very beautiful woman one day.

Sofajr, where did you find your avatar pic ? It is a lovely pic !

Thank you, rominet09!
It was one of the previous events when CP Mette-Marit was sparkling ;)

I have "taken" lots and lots of pix but not this one ! Thank you

Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon attended the Olav
Festival in Trondheim today, July 28, 2010. In the Nidaros Cathedral they
took part in the "Tro, Håp og Kjærlighet" ("Faith, Hope and Love") event
for discussions about the big questions in life.

The couple has made a pilgrimage that started in Skaun yesterday and
ended at the Nidaros Cathedral (Nidarosdomen) at the present afternoon.

Mette-Marit got a blister so she put away her shoes..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** adressa.no article: Se hvem som er på tur! **

** nrk.no: Troen gir meg økt forståelse **

** tv2nyhetene.no: Kronprinsessen snakket om kjærlighet i Nidarosdomen **

** kongehuset.no: Tro, håp og kjærlighet i Nidarosdomen **

Thanks iceflower. As for Mette-Marit's blister, I know how that goes!;)

Snakket om død og kjærlighet i Nidarosdomen - VG Nett om Kongehuset

– Jeg opplevde så sterkt at Haakon så meg da vi møttes - Norge - NRK Nyheter (Video)

KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Hvorfor barbeint, Mette-Marit? - Side2

– Kirken er et hjem for meg - Vårt Land

This event was filmed and will be broadcasted the coming Sunday.

I’ve translated some of what is mention in the different articles.

The Crown Princess: “I wish to help create a conversion about serious topics, with room for the big questions. Question we all have a relationship with, in our own way.”

About hymns:

The Crown Princess talks of her love of hymns and how they connect herself and her life with something else and a friend of her; Solveig Slettahjell sang the hymn “Tårnhøye bølger går”.

She talks of the hymn “Tårnhøye bølger går” and how her identity as a woman from Southern Norway ties her to boats, and the sea. When she is out at sea watching the horizon bend she feels the most alive and she questions whether or not we need cathedrals. She meets God out there.

About the pilgrimage:

“It was very nice to just walk in God’s free nature and reflect over life. It filled me with peace”

“For a pilgrim it’s dangerous to sit down. I feel that at least my body is present, if nothing else”.

Her love to Crown Prince Haakon:

To meet a person does something to you. And I experienced that the love (Haakon) showed me has been a great power in my life. I experienced strongly that Haakon saw me when we met, and in many ways that makes it so I can love myself even when I am at my darkest. I believe it’s because Haakon is a very giving person. It means a lot to me to live with a person like that.

About her close connection to the Tøyen Church in Oslo:

I met that congregation in a time in my life with big changes (My note: around the time she and Haakon got serious and the press knew.). It was good to come to a place where I could just be me. Inside the Church it is written “He gives strength to the weary” and I bring that with me out of the Church and in to my every day life.

Barefoot:

“I walk barefoot a lot, and it is nice to do so now also, since my feet are sore after the walk. When I walk like that I often think about what God said to Moses: “Take off your shoes because you stand on holy ground”. For me the holy ground is everywhere; on a pilgrimage, Sørlandet (My note: where she grew up) and also here in Church.”

About the Church:

First and foremost the church is a home to me, and I hope it can be the same for all who seek there. It is a place I go for the big events in my life, but also when I feel that life is demanding. I’ m very fond of the Church.

About Princess Ingrid Alexandra:

Ingrid sings in a church choir every Wednesday. After the practice they sing the Blessing. That is a great experience for me as a mum.

Thank you

A very big thank you, merci and grazie for the translation. Mette-Marit is so spiritual and full of love for Haakon....:):flowers: A wonderful person

She is such an unusual person. Putting off her shoes in the public might not be very royal-like but it is so Mette-Marit-like. Gestures like this make her so lovely. I think that from all the current crown-princesses Mette-Marit is the most unconventional one.

Snakket om død og kjærlighet i Nidarosdomen - VG Nett om Kongehuset

– Jeg opplevde så sterkt at Haakon så meg da vi møttes - Norge - NRK Nyheter (Video)

KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Hvorfor barbeint, Mette-Marit? - Side2

– Kirken er et hjem for meg - Vårt Land

This event was filmed and will be broadcasted the coming Sunday.

I’ve translated some of what is mention in the different articles.

The Crown Princess: “I wish to help create a conversion about serious topics, with room for the big questions. Question we all have a relationship with, in our own way.”

About hymns:

The Crown Princess talks of her love of hymns and how they connect herself and her life with something else and a friend of her; Solveig Slettahjell sang the hymn “Tårnhøye bølger går”.

She talks of the hymn “Tårnhøye bølger går” and how her identity as a woman from Southern Norway ties her to boats, and the sea. When she is out at sea watching the horizon bend she feels the most alive and she questions whether or not we need cathedrals. She meets God out there.

About the pilgrimage:

“It was very nice to just walk in God’s free nature and reflect over life. It filled me with peace”

“For a pilgrim it’s dangerous to sit down. I feel that at least my body is present, if nothing else”.

Her love to Crown Prince Haakon:

To meet a person does something to you. And I experienced that the love (Haakon) showed me has been a great power in my life. I experienced strongly that Haakon saw me when we met, and in many ways that makes it so I can love myself even when I am at my darkest. I believe it’s because Haakon is a very giving person. It means a lot to me to live with a person like that.

About her close connection to the Tøyen Church in Oslo:

I met that congregation in a time in my life with big changes (My note: around the time she and Haakon got serious and the press knew.). It was good to come to a place where I could just be me. Inside the Church it is written “He gives strength to the weary” and I bring that with me out of the Church and in to my every day life.

Barefoot:

“I walk barefoot a lot, and it is nice to do so now also, since my feet are sore after the walk. When I walk like that I often think about what God said to Moses: “Take off your shoes because you stand on holy ground”. For me the holy ground is everywhere; on a pilgrimage, Sørlandet (My note: where she grew up) and also here in Church.”

About the Church:

First and foremost the church is a home to me, and I hope it can be the same for all who seek there. It is a place I go for the big events in my life, but also when I feel that life is demanding. I’ m very fond of the Church.

About Princess Ingrid Alexandra:

Ingrid sings in a church choir every Wednesday. After the practice they sing the Blessing. That is a great experience for me as a mum.
Thank you very much for this, I appreciate it very very much !

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing all of that vestfoldlilja. I love getting glimpses as to what kind of person they are from quotes they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom