The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 2 (May 2006 - April 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Har is typical Maxima, its okay, doesnt bother me. I love the printed coat, the print beautiful & the colors. I enjoy seeing her around her husband.

Henri M. said:
For some reasons the New Year's Reception, the audiences and the annual Banquet for the Corps Diplomatique are seen as a private matter. You would think that these should be public but formally all Dutch ambassadors represent the Queen of the Netherlands and all foreign ambassadors are envoys to Her Majesty.

Maybe the Queen takes this litterally? Until 1983 it was The King who had the supreme authority in foreign affairs and defence. With the modernization of the Constitution in 1983 this was adapted to the daily reality. Since 1983 'the Government' (= The King and the Ministers) has the supreme authority in foreign affairs and defence.

But traditions have loooong roots and the modernization of the Constitution did not change the King's position. Maybe that is why the Queen still sees ambassadors as personal envoys to her.

One of the very rare pictures from inside the palace, during a reception for an ambassador is this one.

The (bad quality) picture shows:
HM The Queen
HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
Pieter van Vollenhoven
in the Councillors' Chamber of the Royal Palace Amsterdam, January 8th 1992.

The paintings show old family of the Queen and Princess Margriet: Ernst-Casimir Count of Nassau-Dietz, Stadtholder of Friesland and Groningen (1573-1632) and his wife Sophia-Hedwig Countess of Nassau-Dietz born Duchess of Braunschweig-Wolffenbüttel (1592-1642). The Nassau-Dietz branch is the most direct bloodline to the present royal family.

Behind the Queen you see the then minister of Foreign Affairs, Hans van den Broek (the father of Princess Marilène, a daughter-in-law to Princess Margriet). In the door-opening you see Gilbert Monod de Froideville, Master of the Ceremonies.

very intresting, thank you for letting me know.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
HM Queen Beatrix and HRH Prince Constantijn attended the celebrations about 50 years of EU in the hall of knights in The Hague. I wasn' t able to find pictures yet though.

Thank you princess Robijn. HM wore that purple-ish outfit a lot, didn t she. I never saw the pearl necklace before though.

The fashionshow was organised by designer Aziz, who I met several times while going out. On television he seemed much more subdued then in real life btw (but then he is usually drunk when I see him, and terribly annoying to).

HM The Queen and Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven attended Indoor Brabant (event for horses) on saturday afternoon. Special guest was Princess Haya of Jordan.

A picture of the event, posted by Joris on the Belnelux Royals MB and scanned by him from 'De Telegraaf'. On the picture one can see HM, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Princess Haya:

Indoor Brabant

Henri M. said:
There are many, many Wilhelminas in the Orange-Nassau dynastical tree and it indeed is the female form of the name Willem (Wilhelm). In latin Gulielmina, in Spanish Guillermina, in French Guillemina or Guillemine, in Nordic languages often Vilhelmina, in Italian Guglielmina.

Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (2007)

Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld (1938)

Juliana Louise Emma Marie Wilhelmina Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Duchess of Mecklenburg (1909-2004)

Wilhelmina Helena Pauline Maria Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1880-1962)

Wilhelmina Marie Sophie Louise Grand Duchess of Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach née Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1824-1897)

Wilhelmina Frederica Louisa Charlotte Marianne Princess of Prussia née Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1810-1883)

Frederika Luisa Wilhelmina Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau née Princess of Prussia (1774-1837)

Frederica Louise Wilhelmina Duchess of Braunschweig-Wolffenbüttel née Princess of Orange-Nassau (1770-1819)

Frederica Sophia Wilhelmina Princess of Orange-Nassau née Princess of Prussia (1751-1820)

And more Wilhelminas...........

Amalia will be the first dutch monarch (at last since 1816) who has not Willem or Wilhelmina in her string of names.

What a cute family picture! While I love the pic does this mean we won't get a photosession like we did after Alexia was born?

Thanksssssss, The family is soo happy !!!

The 'Telegraaf' has the picture without the mark.

Wonderful picture! Amalia looks so cute hugging here grandmother like that.

Lovely photo. Amalia no longer looks like a baby. She growing so beautifully! :ROFLMAO:

Alright after seeing the pic of the family together I'm now confused as to whether or not that really was Alexia in the pic with Maxima just days before she gave birth. Looking at the pic(which is Princess Robijn's avatar) I'm know confused and unsure because the hair is totally different.

great photo! maxima look great in short time since thw birth.
ariane is so beautiful!
alexia don't look very happy

dbarn67 said:
Lovely photo. Amalia no longer looks like a baby. She growing so beautifully! :ROFLMAO:

You're right she's just a doll!!! She's grown so fast!!! :flowers: Does this pic means there won't be a photoshoot like the one when Alexia was born???

does anybody have that pic without a watermark? i think somebody said that some website or other had it, maybe?

ok never mind i found it!:rolleyes: sometimes my computer skills REALLY annoy me!

does anyone have any reports on how Amalia and Alexia are reacting and doing at the birth of their little sister? What does Ariane think of them, although I'm sure she doesn't do a lot more than eating, sleeping, and crying right now!

Beautiful new photo. The girls are getting so big. Amalia is way too cute; quite possibly the happiest toddler in the world!

lovely photo!

does anyone else think its a bit awkward, though, the way the queen has her hand on her knee and not around Amalia. Amalia seems to leaning in expecting to have an arm put around her shoulder.

pollyemma said:
lovely photo!

does anyone else think its a bit awkward, though, the way the queen has her hand on her knee and not around Amalia. Amalia seems to leaning in expecting to have an arm put around her shoulder.

Yeah I see now what you are saying. But I think it actually looks a little more natural. I think it would be almost too cutesy if the Queen had her arm around Amalia. I think Amalia appears to be a normal little one that is just full of energy. I think with some kids you have to let them do things themselves and not force things too much because otherwise it just backfires and the child goes crazy or starts getting mad. When I first saw the pic it struck me as Amalia had maybe been bouncing around and at the last second got in her seat and settled down.:)

Princess Amalia is growing into a very beatiful girl...She is every dau more and more similar to her Grandmother, the Queen, and she has something of Prince Willem-Alexander too.

The pic shows a family that seems to go very well along. And Princess Maxima is much more beatiful now than before Princess Ariane was born. ..but that's normal, anyway.

Vanesa.

I love the picture. Look how grown up Alexia is! Now she is an older sister. What a great family!

What a beautiful picture of the happy family. Amalia is georgeous, just love her :wub: Alexia in her own moody self:lol: Does anyone know if we'll still get something like a photoshoot with the happy family soon?

WOW I love it! Amalia is really beaming! I think she loves to be the big sis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom