Queen Beatrix, Current Events 6 (August 2010 - April 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM The Queen received HE the ambassador of The Lebanon,Mr.Zeidan Al-Saghir in a farewell Audience at Huis ten Bosch Palace.

The Hague,monday december 12th.

HM The Queen hosted a farewell lunch for HE the Apostolic Nuntius,Mgr.Francois Robert Bacqué at Huis ten Bosch Palace,on which occasion HM bestowed him with the Knight Grand Cross in the Order of Orange Nassau.

Mgr.Bacque held the post of Apostolic Nuntius since 2001.

Huis ten Bosch Palace,tuesday december 13th.

HM will attend the annual Kingdom Concert this evening.Tonight that will be at the Agora Theater,Lelystad.

December 15 is Kingdom Day in The Netherlands,but hardly a soul knows about that...to most there is just one "Kingdom Day"....Queensday!...grin..

HM will attend the annual Kingdom Concert this evening.Tonight that will be at the Agora Theater,Lelystad.

December 15 is Kingdom Day in The Netherlands,but hardly a soul knows about that...to most there is just one "Kingdom Day"....Queensday!...grin..

Kingdom Day,good heavens I never knew that but I will in future.

:previous:

Pics of the Kingdom concert in Lelystad this evening, December 15 :)

The concert demonstrates the connection between the Netherlands and the Carribbean part of the Kingdom.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** belga **

Last edited:
Kingdom Day,good heavens I never knew that but I will in future.

Grin...I'm sure you will An Ard Ri.We are to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Kingdom of The Netherlands under the House of Orange from 2013 till 2015.

(Ofcourse the House of Orange is here for a much longer period of time,they were the Stadtholders while we were the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands).....the sole Republic among Monarchies....now it's almost the other way around...LOL!:lol:

2013 because it will be 200 years since then Willem I returned from exil and was inaugurated as Sovereign Prince in 1813,and 2015 as of 1815 he was actually King.:)

There will be a host of celebrations both here as well as in the Caribean part of the country.
:)

The Queen looks so refreshed and happy in the "carribean" concert pictures- love the south sea pearls, btw!

Queen Beatrix attended the re-opening of the restored Portuguese synagogue in Amsterdam today, December 20, 2011.

** Pic ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

HM The Queen's Christmas Speech:

Het Koninklijk Huis

HM payed much attention to nature and the planet as
well as sustainability this year.Good.:)

On 26th December 2011 Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands passed from her mother Juliana(1909-2004) reign when she abdicated to the throne on April 30, 1980. The reign of Juliana lasted 31 years and 239 days from 4th Sept.1948 to 30th April 1980. On 26th Dec.2011 Queen Beatrix reign (73) is 31 years and 240 days and still reigns today since 30th April 1980.

HM The Queen's Christmas Speech:

Het Koninklijk Huis

HM payed much attention to nature and the planet as
well as sustainability this year.Good.:)

Thanks for posting the link for the Christmas Speech, I enjoyed viewing it. Was surprised how "green" things look in the Netherlands, I think I remember last year's speech seeing snow! Lucien, is it rare this time of year not to have snow on the ground?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the link for the Christmas Speech, I enjoyed viewing it. Was surprised how "green" things look in the Netherlands, I think I remember last year's speech seeing snow! Lucien, is it rare this time of year not to have snow on the ground?

No,that is not rare at all,winters here pass without any snow more often then with the fluffy white stuff.The winters used to be more intens/colder.But that' s decades ago.Except last year and the year before we had snow 'round this time.:)

Last edited:
Beatrix, Oranje onder vuur: De roeping - Uitzending Gemist

Beatrix, Orange Under Fire

Possibly not the right place for questions about this Dutch TV show but here goes anyway:
1) What is known about her boyfriend Bob? What happened to him later in life?
2) Prince Bernhard is portrayed as something of a matchmaker. Was it really important to him that she marry a member of the Gotha?
3) She did not seem to fancy Prince Richard zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berlberg. Since he later went on to marry Princess Benedicte of Denmark do we know anything of their relationship now. Beatrix must have met him several times since, at least at weddings and funerals in Scandinavia.
4) How likely is it that Beatrix would drop in unannounced at her sons student apartment? Most parents would want to avoid the embarressment of bumping into their sons "houseguest".
5) What was Alexander saying in the tv interview that seemed to upset his mother?

Beatrix, Oranje onder vuur: De roeping - Uitzending Gemist

Beatrix, Orange Under Fire

Possibly not the right place for questions about this Dutch TV show but here goes anyway:
1) What is known about her boyfriend Bob? What happened to him later in life?
2) Prince Bernhard is portrayed as something of a matchmaker. Was it really important to him that she marry a member of the Gotha?
3) She did not seem to fancy Prince Richard zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berlberg. Since he later went on to marry Princess Benedicte of Denmark do we know anything of their relationship now. Beatrix must have met him several times since, at least at weddings and funerals in Scandinavia.
4) How likely is it that Beatrix would drop in unannounced at her sons student apartment? Most parents would want to avoid the embarressment of bumping into their sons "houseguest".
5) What was Alexander saying in the tv interview that seemed to upset his mother?

Correct,this doesn't belong in the currenty events thread,1,and 2,the whole series is crap with a capital C.Invented and wet finger work from A to Z with fictional written all over,and was rightfully thrown in the trashbin by critics the day after.

:dutchstandard:
At present HM is undertaking the 50th State Visit in Her Reign.

On this occasion ANP looks back at 50 State Visits with a marvellous
fantastic collection of photo's.

HM's State Visits:

ANP Photo

Courtesy ANP & Robin Utrecht.

:dutchstandard:
At present HM is undertaking the 50th State Visit in Her Reign.

On this occasion ANP looks back at 50 State Visits with a marvellous
fantastic collection of photo's.

HM's State Visits:

ANP Photo

Courtesy ANP & Robin Utrecht.

QATAR love the picture of Queen Beatrix with Sheikha Mozah!

HM The Queen will pay a State Visit to Luxembourg in march 2012.No exact dates known yet.

There are more State Visits "under construction" for later this year.:)

HM will receive Israeli PM Bibi Netanyahu and Mrs Netanyahu in audience at Huis ten Bosch Palace on thursday morning,january 19th.

The Israeli PM is on a two day official visit in The Netherlands on the 18th & 19th by invitation of the Dutch government.

HM will pay at least two more State Visits later this year,besides the one to Luxembourg in march there will be another in April and one this fall.State Visits by HM are also planned for 2013 already.:)

HM will attend the Jumping Amsterdam International Concours Hippique at the RAI,Amsterdam this evening.:)

I wonder what could have happened for the Queen to put her hands to her face in worry~ must have been intense!

:previous:

The only hint given by the caption is that she watched the French acrobat Lorenzo at that moment.
I've heard he's called "Lorenzo, the flying frenchman", so maybe it was quite spectacular at that
part of the show.

Today, January 21, 2012, Queen Beatrix attended the premiere of the musical "The New Ice Age" in
Rotterdam.

** anp gallery ** belga ** ppe gallery **

** dpp: Queen Beatrix attends premiere of the New Ice Age **

Last edited:
^^Nice pics of the queen at the premiere

Generations grew up with Toonder's creations Ollie B.Bommel (the bear)and Tom Poes ( the cat),so this touches a string of fabulous memories.:)

Nice!:)

HM Queen Beatrix has been invited by the German President Wulff to open the exhibition: " Dutch Design - House of Orange" at Oranienbaum Palace,Saksen - Anhalt on april 25th.

With the opening of this exhibition more now fully restored rooms and halls of this Palace will be open to the public.

HM and the President are both Patrons of the restauration of the Palace.

The Palace was build by Henrietta Catharina of Anhalt-Dessau,néé Princess of Orange Nassau,the estate was a gift from her husband.She had a dutch architect build the Palace that was named after her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom