Queen Beatrix, Current Events 3 (June 2006 - May 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Together with Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Beatrix really always and ever keeps the highest standards in her garderobe. She is really excellently dressed. Every inch a Queen.

It is a horror for me to see Queen Sonja and Grand Duchess María Teresa not even have had ONE hat during the whole State Visit!

And Queen Paola, visiting Latvia now, has not worn any hat at all.

I really do pray and hope that Princess Máxima will keep the standards high as well and follow her mother-in-law.

Henri M. said:
Together with Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Beatrix really always and ever keeps the highest standards in her garderobe. She is really excellently dressed. Every inch a Queen.

It is a horror for me to see Queen Sonja and Grand Duchess María Teresa not even have had ONE hat during the whole State Visit!

And Queen Paola, visiting Latvia now, has not worn any hat at all.

I really do pray and hope that Princess Máxima will keep the standards high as well and follow her mother-in-law.
Couldn't agree more except that I think that Beatrix has always been a far better dresser than Elizabeth.
I also think Maxima will do fine in that department, but only if she gets to terms with the fact she really needs a more decent (as in, royal) hair cut! :flowers:

lucien said:
HM attended the 75th anniversary celebrations of dutch applied sciences institute TNO at the Oude Kerk,Delft this afternoon.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Nieboer.

This morning HM received the Credentials of the Ambassadors of Georgia,Azerbaidjan and Guinée-Bissau,Noordeinde Palace.
Even grey looks great on her. Very elegant outfit! I think she looks better than her popular daughter in law these days!

The Queen looks good, and she wears much time fierce colors, but this clothes looks very good!!!

Nice outfit Q Beatriz, I love it. She looks really well in this grey suit. :)

There was a long essay in free newspaper ' De Pers' about HM today. The tone was surprisingly positive and it focussed on the changes that Beatrix made in the monarchy. They also showed how HM changed herself in order to hold the dignity of the throne up. It was rather curious to read how HM invited the friends of her study-days in leiden a few months before her enthronement. In the end of the gathering she made a speech, how she had enjoyed their company and how much she would have liked to live a simular life. But that mow everything will change and to continue to treat each other as before was out of the question.

Queensday at 22.50 PM Ned2:the tradional Koninginnedag concert from the ballroom of Noordeinde Palace.
:flowers:

will it be live or is the concert recorded? If it is recorded I wonder when it was held (and what did/do they play).

Marengo said:
will it be live or is the concert recorded? If it is recorded I wonder when it was held (and what did/do they play).

No idea what they play this year,but yes,it has been recorded.Usually the concert is on or around todays date,the 27th.Pitty it's aired so late at night tho,I might dose off with Oranjebitter and all:rolleyes: ...

Last edited:
Henri M. said:

Not to be picky, but Queen Sonja always wears a hat/glows for the welcomming ceremony of a state visit, no matter if the guest/host does, often she wears hats for other events during state visit as well.

Her Majesty The Queen,accompanied by HRH The Prince of Orange,attended the ceremonies of Remembrance in Amsterdam this evening.

May 4th is of special significance to The Netherlands as we remember the dutch who fell during WWII,both military and civilians,and during all conflicts/wars thereafter on UN missions,and they are remembered nationwide with two minutes silence at 20.00PM followed by wreathlaying ceremonies.All national flags fly at halve mast from 18.00PM till dusk.

As always it was a most impressive gathering at the Dam Square here in Amsterdam as ten's of thousands attended in the presence of Her Majesty and The Prince of Orange who first placed their wreath,followed by a two minute silence,the national anthem,the wreaths of survivors of the holocaust,the resistance,the camps here in Europe as well as in the former Dutch East Indies,now Indonesia,and many many groups and individuals of all walks of Dutch society,the gypsies,homosexuals,jewish and many more.And children/youngsters,many of them to keep alive the memory of those who fought for the freedom and democracy we all so enjoy today,and all to often take for granted,but the memory has to be kept alive lest we never forget that even today,we can never take for granted society as we know it can slide down the path of war and horror again.

Tomorrow,may 5th,we will celebrate Liberation Day,as it was on may 5th 1945 the germans surrendered to the allies at hotel "De Wereld" in Wageningen,near Arnhem,the war in the Netherlands had come to an end,but the war in the dutch East Indies,under the horror of Japanese occupation,would last till august 16th 1945 with the Japanese surrendering at the cost of ten's of thousands of locals and over 30.000 dutch who perished in the camps and after being deported to the horror of the Birma railway.

Liberation Day comes second in terms of Nationwide celebrations to celebrate the freedom we owe to so many,both dutch and Allies.All over the country festive celebrations/concerts will be held and there will be abundened flag flying.As a tradition HM The Queen will attend the Liberation Day concert at the Amstel river,Amsterdam tomorrow evening.Prof.Pieter van Vollenhoven will attend the gathering/concert at the St.John the Baptist church in Wageningen.

Last edited:
Amsterdam at 8PM this evening:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Philip v/d Werf.

Queen Beatrix has opened the Huygensbuilding, the new accommodation of the faculty Natural Science, Mathematics and computer science of the Radboud University in Nijmegen

She looks very well! More photos, ppe-agency.com

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

troonopvolgers said:
Queen Beatrix has opened the Huygensbuilding, the new accommodation of the faculty Natural Science, Mathematics and computer science of the Radboud University in Nijmegen

She looks very well! More photos, ppe-agency.com

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Buys.

She looks well indeed. love the hat. I don't think I ever saw the brooch before,. it seems different from the usual diamond butterfly brooch IMHO.

Ah, I don't think that those are her regular glasses, I believe that they are safety glasses. She does look lovely though.

PPE Agency

11-05-2007 Amsterdam Queen Beatrix has opened the new library of special collections of the University of Amsterdam

It's great to see the Queen so happy and energetic. And I am so pleased that she is out and about doing everything that she can to connect with her people. Nice to see.

Agreed Empress, and especially nice to see her in my own university library. Sadly I didn't get to see her in real life (training abdominals at the gym seemed more important to me, sadly and shamefully).

Marengo said:
Agreed Empress, and especially nice to see her in my own university library. Sadly I didn't get to see her in real life (training abdominals at the gym seemed more important to me, sadly and shamefully).
Shame on you Marengo! ;)

By the way, loved loved the blue flowers she was carrying. Anyone have any idea what kind they might be?

princess olga said:
Shame on you Marengo! ;)

By the way, loved loved the blue flowers she was carrying. Anyone have any idea what kind they might be?

I think the flower is called "Blauwe Monnikskap".
:flowers:

We have moved all posts regarding the State Visit to Slovakia to a seperate thread. That thread can be found here. Please post anything pertaining to the Slovakian State Visit there.

Thanks

Dutch Mods

As posted by Oscar on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-2][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]At a Pressconference given by the Blijdorp Zoo dealing with the measures taken to prevent a second escape of Gorilla Bokito, it was revealed the Queen had phoned the Zoo personally to get an update on the situation in the zoo. One might think the Royal Family to symphatize with Bokito , they at least know how it feels to be stared at all the time
lol.gif
[/FONT]

Marengo said:
As posted by Oscar on the Benelux Royals MB:

OMG, Marengo, that was funny! :lol: a gorilla dislikes being stared at, hence the escape (implied)......

Nice of the Queen to phone personally, I read that the gorilla escaped, ran amok and injured people!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom