Princess Margriet & Prof Pieter Van Vollenhoven, Current Events 1 (Jul 2003-Nov 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that would make for an interesting exhibition! I don't live that far from Het Loo (about 50 miles, I guess), so that would be great to do in a weekend! :)

Never been to Paleis het Loo anyway!

It sounds like a wonderful exhibition, I hope many Dutch people will get the opportunity to see this very special and rare royal exhibition. If anyone on TRF goes to see it, an little summary would be nice to hear. :)

Marengo said:
I think so, but she would insist on making changes on them, taking away the veils ('no capes!') and shortening the trains, no doubt (according to edna these things always get stuck).

Anyway, I a especially looking forward of seeing Margriet's dress, i have the feeling that the pictures I have seen of it aren't flattering and that it looks better when you see it with your own eyes. The pattern of daisy's must be nice anyway.

Last time they also put the tiara's on top of the dolls (I had a good look at the Wurttemburg pearl tiara, it's huge!!!), but I think that can not be done this time as 4 of the 5 brides wore the same tiara.

Oh yes, there is no doubt that Edna would have lots to say about the gowns.;)

I imagine Margriet's dress will be beautiful. In most pictures I've seen, it looks rather plain, but under the right lighting, the detail of the daisies are amazing.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121301

(I would also love to see Anita's dress because I love all of the lace on it.)

Good point about the tiaras - I hadn't thought about it. I suppose they could make 3 duplicates of the ears-of-wheat tiara, but then that would be kind of tacky. Maybe what they will do is just have the tiara on display on its own - that way it can be seen in all its glory, rather than being half hidden amongst someone's hair or veil.

Maxie said:
Well, that would make for an interesting exhibition! I don't live that far from Het Loo (about 50 miles, I guess), so that would be great to do in a weekend! :)

Never been to Paleis het Loo anyway!

Isn't that always the way it is - if something is in our own "backyard" we rarely take the time to see it, while others travel for hours and hours to come & see it. I hope you can find the time to visit, and as GrandDuchess says, report back to us.:)

Squidgy said:
Isn't that always the way it is - if something is in our own "backyard" we rarely take the time to see it, while others travel for hours and hours to come & see it. I hope you can find the time to visit, and as GrandDuchess says, report back to us.:)

Yes, that's so true! :) If I'll go there to see the dresses, I surely will report about it on the forums!

I have just talked to someone at Paleis het Loo and Princess Margriet will open the new royal brides exhibit at 4 november in the 2nd half of the afternoon.
I am going to see the princess at the palace to take pictures of her.:p :p :p

Maxie & DutchRoyal, you are both lucky that you live so close to Apeldoorn. I am envious.

Glad to hear you are going DutchRoyal - it should be a fun afternoon. And I always like to see your pictures.:D

Some pictures of exhibit staff preparing Anita's & Margriet's wedding dresses for the exhibit to be opened by Margriet on Friday at Het Loo.

Hope you have a wonderful time Dutch Royal.:D

Photos: ANP

Attachments

• 3147182.jpg
    3147182.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 3147183.jpg
    3147183.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 3147179.jpg
    3147179.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Squidgy said:
Some pictures of exhibit staff preparing Anita's & Margriet's wedding dresses for the exhibit to be opened by Margriet on Friday at Het Loo.

Hope you have a wonderful time Dutch Royal.:D

Photos: ANP

Iew! I see Anita's hideous green dress! :D
Thanks for the pictures Squidgy. It's good to see there's some work in progress at Paleis Het Loo. ;)

There was an item about this on RTL-boulevard yesterday, and I got a glimpse of Margriets dress, it looked very good, as I expected. Apparently 20 women workerd at the embroidery, day and night. On the top of the skirt there are 67 daisy's, as 1967 was the year they married. On the entire dress there were, I believe, over 600 daisy's!

Aimee's dress had to be cleaned because it became very dirty during the party. There were some problems with Annette's dress as well. Apparently she put it in a box in the basement of her house, but there was some waterdamage in the basement so the dress had dark stains everywhere and had to be thouroughly cleaned. Apperently they only fond out due to this exhibition.

BTW It was Princess Margriet who suggested this exhibition to the currator of the palace.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 349
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 299
Beautiful! Can't wait to see more photos!

Pdas1201, thank you so much for the lovely pictures.:)

Thanks lots pdas1201.The Princess looks really elegant as usual, i like the outfit and the hat, the colour really suits her.But the Princess seems really likes this outfit, she had just worn it 10 days ago on her son's Church Service Wedding and now she has worn it again.

A few more pictures from Colourpress

Attachments

• ya.jpg
    ya.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 283
  • yb.jpg
    yb.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 318
  • yc.jpg
    yc.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 330
Yesterday i was with my twinsister at the palace and saw princess margriet with her husband going into the palace.:D :D
Unfortunally i could make 3 pictures of the couple because the camera was verry slow. :mad: :mad:
My own camera is at the factory because he is broken. Hopefully i get my camera back before the christening of alexia!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

some more from seegerpress :

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00150156.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150156.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 233
  • pre-SEEGER00150170.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150170.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 262
  • pre-SEEGER00150169.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150169.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 216
  • pre-SEEGER00150168.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150168.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 327
  • pre-SEEGER00150166.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150166.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 238
  • pre-SEEGER00150165.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150165.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 231
  • pre-SEEGER00150164.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150164.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 264
  • pre-SEEGER00150157.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150157.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 305
  • pre-SEEGER00150155.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150155.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 251
  • pre-SEEGER00150153.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150153.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 249
last ones from seegerpress :

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00150171.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150171.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 258
  • pre-SEEGER00150172.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150172.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 283
  • pre-SEEGER00150173.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150173.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 243
  • pre-SEEGER00150174.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150174.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 294
  • pre-SEEGER00150175.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150175.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 248
  • pre-SEEGER00150176.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00150176.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 277
Thanks lots for pics, misshelen and purple platinum.But anyone know what happen and Mr Pieter wear on his finger in the fourth picture?

He unfortunately severed it while diving in Malta. Luckily there was apparently a Dr. with him and so they were able to save the finger, get him to a hospital and re-attach it.

GREAT photos, misshelen! In one photo, you can see Anita and P-C cutting their wedding cake! Does anyone who has visited know if there are lots more hitherto unpublished photos as part of the exhibit?

dutch royal said:
Yesterday i was with my twinsister at the palace and saw princess margriet with her husband going into the palace.:D :D
Unfortunally i could make 3 pictures of the couple because the camera was verry slow. :mad: :mad:
My own camera is at the factory because he is broken. Hopefully i get my camera back before the christening of alexia!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dutch royal, I'm so glad you went to the exhibit and reported back to us (although I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with the camera).:(

What did you think of the wedding dresses? Did they look as good in the exhibit as they do in photographs??

:D :D unfortunally at that day the exhibit was only open for people with a invitation but soon i will be there to look at the dresses!!!!:p :p

Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven will receive the Machiavelli prize next week. The prize is handed out to an official for good 'public communication'.

Pieter is the chairman of the public safety board and is doing research about a fire at a place where they put illigal immigrants in Schiphol, which killed 11 people. Pieter has been in the media a lot these weeks and is very open about his research and made some requests to the ministers of Justice and of Immigrantion.

(from NOS)

On the Benelux Royals MB a poster called Henri M. did a longer post about this which I shall post here. He does not reveal his source though.

--

'The Machiavelli Foundation has awarded prof. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven, the spouse of Her Royal Highness Princess Margriet of the Netherlands with the Machiavelli Prize 2005.

Prof. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven is awarded for his never ending efforts to set causes of importance succesfully in the spotlight of both media and politics. He is also alsways able to formulate complicated dossiers in a most clear and correct way, giving a boost to proper communication with the public, the media and the politics.
Professor Van Vollenhoven is closely involved in the field of safety assurance, both at home and abroad.
In 1975 he was invited to act as advisor on road safety to the Minister of Transport, Public Works and Water Management.
He has chaired the following organisations:
• the Road Safety Council
• the Railway Accidents Council
• the Community, Safety and Police Association
• the National Road Safety Fund
• the Council for the Promotion of Safety Impact Studies
• the Transport Safety Board and
• the Safety Investigation Board.

Professor Van Vollenhoven is one of the University’s first professors from practice. The University wishes to benefit from the knowledge and expertise of experts from the business community, government and the health care sector. With his expertise and experience, Professor van Vollenhoven can make a valuable contribution to teaching and research in the field of risk management, in particular the role of independent policy research.
Since February 2005, Professor Van Vollenhoven has been Chairman of the Safety Investigation Board, which is responsible for independent safety investigations in the broadest sense. It carries out investigations not only in the transport sector, but also in sectors such as defence, industry, health care, nature and the environment. The Safety Investigation Board’s predecessor was the Transport Safety Board, which Professor Van Vollenhoven also chaired. This body carried out independent investigations into the causes of serious accidents or incidents in all transport sectors.
The Community, Safety and Police Association
Professor Van Vollenhoven is also Chairman of the Community, Safety and Police Association, an independent organisation that advises on safety issues. The Association is interested in every aspect of safety assurance involving or of importance to the police. Its mission is to contribute to the public debate on improving safety and safety assurance.
Professor Van Vollenhoven also occupies a number of international posts in the field of transport safety.
• He is co-founder and a member of the Board of Directors of the European Transport Safety Council.
• He is co-founder and Chairman Emeritus of the International Transportation Safety Association, in which all transport safety boards are combined.
• From 1990 he spent a few years acting as advisor to Dr Karel van Miert, the European Commissioner for Transport.
• In 2004, Mr Van Vollenhoven was invited to join the Group of Experts on Accident Investigation, which advises the European Commission. '

Marengo said:
Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven will receive the Machiavelli prize next week. The prize is handed out to an official for good 'public communication'.

Pieter is the chairman of the public safety board and is doing research about a fire at a place where they put illigal immigrants in Schiphol, which killed 11 people. Pieter has been in the media a lot these weeks and is very open about his research and made some requests to the ministers of Justice and of Immigrantion.

(from NOS)

What a wonderful honour for Pieter. Here is a picture from ANP of the event.

Attachments

• 2005 11 22.jpg
    2005 11 22.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 265
from http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=12200

Princess Magriet will baptize new pilot vessel on 20 January 2006

HRH Princess Margriet of the the Netherlands Friday 20 January 2006 by the Cruiseterminal in Rotterdam the christening of the second SWATH of the Dutch pilot being.

The SWATH (Small water plan Area Twin Wrap) is a pilot vessel with two floating bodies that under almost all weather conditions can become set-in, through which the suspending of the pilot service till a minimum becomes limits.

The SWATH gets the name Perseus and becomes set-in in the Rotterdam-rhine mouth territory. The vessel has a length of 25 meters, a width of 14 meters and has a maximum speed of 18 knots. The construction with the two floating bodies, foresee of computer steering wheel stabilisatievinnen, sees to for a large stability. The SWATH sails permanently in the beloodsinggebied around and brings the pilot to it to beloodsen seas chip or gets him there from.

Rural there are about 430 pilots that annually 90,000 shipping-movements look after. In the region Rotterdam-rhine mouth are about 210 pilot active, that annually approximately 58,000 take on board safe through the Rotterdam-rhine mouth territory pilot.

22 December 2005

from koninklijkhuis.nl

Professor. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven will visit Rijsbergen and Zundert on 18 January 2006

After the restoration in a version and the signature of a ‘Ode at the old council house' in the old council house of twig mountain a visit is brought at the Dutch Reformed Church in Zundert, better known as the Van Gogh church. Also the future Van Gogh becomes, situated on the birth ground of Vincent of Gogh, visited-house. Mr. Van Vollenhoven will pawn connect the in restoration zijnde symbolically with each other.

In the Cultural Center Van Gogh in Zundert, mr van Vollenhoven will have a meeting have with the administration and a number of volunteers of the Bloemencorso Zundert. Also he will become led get along a number maquettes of the Bloemencorso and an explanation on the design and the production of the vehicles of the winning hamlet 2005. The visit at Zundert is closed with an informal meeting on the city Hall.

In the old council house of the former municipality Rijsbergen currently an exposition space of the new heemkundig Streekhistorisch Museum De Weeghreyse is housed.

The Van Gogh-house has been meant as a honor at the painter and will a view offer on its life in Zundert. At the same time the Van Gogh must become-house an international art center. The Foundation Van Gogh & Zundert works by the realization of this project together with the north brabant museum and with the municipality Nuenen.

The Zunderts bloemencorso exists since 1936 and is the largest corso in the world. Annually thousand volunteers carry from this municipality, divided over seventeen hamlets, by at the design and the building of the splendor vehicle.

16 January 2006

Happy birthday to Princess Margriet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom