Princess Margriet & Prof Pieter van Vollenhoven, Current Events Part 4 (March 2018 -)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
This gala dinner is the Dutch version of the Peter Stuyvesant Ball that is held in New York and always attended by the couple. While the Palace of course is a very royal location, the Stables themselves aren't that big which makes the place not that as impressive as the Peter Stuyvesant Balls (especially since the tables are in the same room -see PPE pictures- and therefore little space is left for dancing). However, there are lovely picture of the couple dancing!

Last edited:
They don't look like they mind the lack of space one bit. Very sweet pictures.

Princess Margriet presented the Medal of Honor for Art and Science of the House Order of Orange to the founder and general director of dance company Introdans, Ton Wiggers. The award ceremony followed the End of Season performance in Stadstheater Arnhem tonight in the presence of Prof Pieter Van Vollenhoven

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWISDIIXEAMavvd?format=jpg&name=900x900

Prof Pieter van Vollenhoven received the first copy of the biography 'Olke Arnoldus Uhlenbeck. From naval diver to vice admiral' at the Naval Museum in Den Helder today, September 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Yesterday, October 12, Princess Margriet as Honorary President of the Dutch Red Cross and member of the Recommendation Committee of the Dutch Tiffany Circle attended the anniversary celebration for the Dutch Tiffany Circle in Amsterdam.

"Tiffany Circle, Women Leading through Philanthropy, is an international Red Cross network for women leaders and philanthropists":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 * Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

"Queen Juliana received more than 600 dolls as a gift during her life. In her youth, these were mainly dolls with Dutch costumes. Later she also received dolls from international delegations. The exhibition 'Juliana, A century in dolls' shows approximately seventy of these dolls, supplemented with traditional costumes, costume dolls and commemorative objects.
This doll collection is part of the Royal Collections.

Princess Margriet opens the exhibition in Museum Hoeksche Waard in Heinenoord."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkQ1y8WDSRB/?hl=el

Princess Margriet as Honorary Chairwoman of the Dutch Red Cross attended the opening of the two-day Humanitarian Law Congress of the Dutch Red Cross in Den Haag this morning, November 3:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Princess Margriet was present on the final day of 2022 ITF Wheelchair Tennis Masters, the wheelchair tennis world championship in Oss this afternoon, November 6:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
The museum was renovated so that it could be fully accessible, including for people with impaired sight or hearing.

What does "Verzet" mean?

The museum was renovated so that it could be fully accessible, including for people with impaired sight or hearing.

What does "Verzet" mean?

Resistance,it is about the Resistance by Dutch during WWII.

A really lovely new photo of the Princess and Professor!

To my surprise the Royal Marechaussee still guards the house of Princess Margriet (an aunt of King Willem-Alexander).

A few guards congratulated the Princess with her birthday and were received inside Huis Het Loo (a modern mansion at the domain of Het Loo Palace:
picture

Two marechaussees in ceremonial tenue at gate to the house of Princess Margriet (probably because she receives birthday visits):
picture

This is Huis Het Loo, the house of Princess Margriet, in the forests close to Het Loo Palace:
picture

A peek inside Huis Het Loo, the lady in red is the editor-in-chief of the weekly magazine Libelle:
picture

Last edited:
To my surprise the Royal Marechaussee still guards the house of Princess Margriet (an aunt of King Willem-Alexander).

A few guards congratulated the Princess with her birthday and were received inside Huis Het Loo (a modern mansion at the domain of Het Loo Palace:
picture

Two marechaussees in ceremonial tenue at gate to the house of Princess Margriet (probably because she receives birthday visits):
picture

This is Huis Het Loo, the house of Princess Margriet, in the forests close to Het Loo Palace:
picture

A peek inside Huis Het Loo, the lady in red is the editor-in-chief of the weekly magazine Libelle:
picture

I expected the interior and furnishings to be very modern but I was pleasantly surprised :previous:

I expected the interior and furnishings to be very modern but I was pleasantly surprised :previous:

It is more or less the same style as the private villa of Willem-Alexander and Máxima: a modern house but full with furniture from the Koninklijke Verzamelingen (Royal Collections) and - of course- privately inherited family items as well.

Picture

The descendants of Queen Wilhelmina in the direct line: [-]Juliana[/-], Beatrix, Irene, Margriet, [-]Christina[/-], Willem-Alexander, [-]Johan Friso[/-], Constantijn, Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and Ariane have access to the various family collections, to have the usufruct of objets d'art, furnitures, house inventories (gold-, silver-, crystalware, porcelain, damast), libraries etc. The aim of these collections is to ensure that these descendants have "for the execution of the royal dignity" all proper means at their disposal.

Last edited:
Today, January 23, Princess Margriet and Prof. Pieter Van Vollenhoven attended the commemoration of the evacuation of the Jewish psychiatric institution Het Apeldoornsche Bosch in Apeldoorn:

** rex gallery ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Today, January 23, Princess Margriet and Prof. Pieter Van Vollenhoven attended the commemoration of the evacuation of the Jewish psychiatric institution Het Apeldoornsche Bosch in Apeldoorn:

** rex gallery ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

I knew nothing of this horrible atrocity until today when I read about it on another site. The patients were murdered along with their caregivers, well over a thousand of them.

I don't know why I was so moved but I was...and I wept at my desk at work.

This is the type of story I want Nazi sympathizers and their apologists( "there are good ones on both sides") to read.

May those poor souls rest in peace.

Last edited:
Princess Margriet and Prof Pieter van Vollenhoven attended the Netherland-America Friendship Gala in Rotterdam on March 30:

** twitter post **

Princess Margriet as Patron of the dance company Introdans attended the celebration of the 40th anniversary of Roel Voorintholt, the artistic director of Introdans, in Arnhem yesterday, April 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Today, April 18, Princess Margriet attended the celebration for the 150th anniversary of Holland America Line (HAL) at the Hotel New York in Rotterdam.

"Princess Margriet has christened several ships of the HAL fleet, such as Nieuw Amsterdam III (1983), Rotterdam VI (1997), Oosterdam (2003) and Rotterdam VII (2022)":

** gtresnews gallery ** rex gallery **

Princess Margriet attended the National Final of the Princess Christina Classic Competition in Den Haag this afternoon, April 22:

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

Back
Top Bottom