Royal Wedding Dresses on Display

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdas1201 said:
Thanks for the info., Elsa.

Any ideas when they might inaugurate the room of Alfonso XIII. Are they even thinking of it??

I believe that the suit already is exposed there, this room must go opened many years. I have never visited Aranjuez, so I cannot help you. Here you have some photo.

From abc and fuenterrebollo

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6220/16g4iy.jpg
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8526/17g3wz.jpg
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/935/01g1cy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any pictures of the Spanish wedding dresses? Without watermark and in imageshack.us??

and what about the princess claire of belgium's wedding dress (because it was a very wonderful wedding dress... I find)

what about Queen Silvia of Sweden? what happened to her dress?

Beautiful dresses have been worn by the woman of the SRF, the golden "fleur de lysee" (the lirium, symbol of the Borbon House;) ) detail sewn in the sleeves and train is absolutely gorgeous!!!

crisiñaki said:
Beautiful dresses have been worn by the woman of the SRF, the golden "fleur de lysee" (the lirium, symbol of the Borbon House;) ) detail sewn in the sleeves and train is absolutely gorgeous!!!

I didn't realise that's what it was. Thanks for the insight crisiñaki! :p

...sOfIa.... said:
I didn't realise that's what it was. Thanks for the insight crisiñaki! :p

You're most welcome:)
Check carefully and you'll see it, specially on Letizia's dress;)

Check carefully and you'll see it, specially on Letizia's dress;)

:D Yes, there is definitely a BIG one on her dress...Could everybody see it ?(let's play a bit there: find the biggest "fleur de lys" on Letizia's gown!!!;) )

Sonja Haraldsen

I found this pictures showing Queen Sonja's dress on display

source: KnudsensFotosenter

Last edited:
Queen Silvias wedding dress has been on display this summer at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, together with all the dresses that the queen has worn to the Nobel Prize award cermony and banquette. I have been to the exhibition and it was great! I can´t belive how slim waist her majesty must have to fit in those gowns, and they where all wonderful and ofcourse the wedding dress was really beautiful

Great pictures!!
Does anyone has photoes of Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte's wedding gown on display?

Queen Victoria 1840 from an Exhibition called "A Century of Queen's Dresses 1840 - 1947" at Kensington Palace, April 2002.

Rex Features - Homepage

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5404/380842b7fc.jpg
A special exhibition at the Summer Opening of Buckingham Palace 28 July – 28 September 2007. This exhibition marks the Diamond Wedding Anniversary of The Queen and Prince Philip and looks back to 20 November 1947 titled "A Royal Weding 20 November 1947". Also on display is The Queen's wedding dress. Here is the link > Royal Collection - A Royal Wedding

The more I see that dress, I think that is is lovely, and I know Mary is lovely, but the two of them together just don't work.

are you talking about the dress and the shoes? or are you talking about mary and fred???

little confused:ermm:

PS: i didn't know mary even had a fan on her wedding day all i know is that she had a secret pocket for her hand made hankycheif

A great big thanks Fanletizia

It might be a few years after the weddings but we all catch up some time. Fanletizia, thanks a million times over for the wonderful close-ups of the Spanish Princesses wedding dresses you posted for all the wedding fans (including me of course) to see. The are absolutely amazing!!!!! :flowers:

Last edited:
Máxima's wedding dress was (temporarily) displayed in Buenos Aires, back in 2003, in the Decorative Arts Museum (Museo de Arte Decorativo)

Buenos Aires Herald

Too bad I wasn't quite interested in the subject back then. Right now I would looove to go!

are you talking about the dress and the shoes? or are you talking about mary and fred???

little confused:ermm:

PS: i didn't know mary even had a fan on her wedding day all i know is that she had a secret pocket for her hand made hankycheif

Mary and the dress- separate they are great, but together....the result was not quite what I had been hoping for- Mary looked better during her prewedding galas.

I've never noticed this thread before!
I loved seeing the older dresses from the 1800's. I know Victoria started the trend of wearing "virgin" white down the aisle, but does anyone know who started the royal tradition of wearing a tiara?
I agree, Mary's dress looks better on display than it did on her. I think she wore a tulle "petticoat" underneath that was way too poofy.

Are there any close-ups of veils? Mathilde, Maxima, & Christina's to be exact.

Divine Royal Gowns

Hi Everyone,

I am new today, but I just love this thread....
Firstly I want to thank you all, especially Mandy, for all the posts and Gorgeous pictures I found here! I really loved it...... So many Gorgeous Gowns. I found the Gowns as displayed at Aranjuez especially beautiful...So Feminine and yet gracefully flowing with those full skirts and long circular trains.... really Majestic.
I will go hunting and see what I can find, but I believe you might have already posted all the Gowns on display.....
Thanks again,
:angel:

This is an AWESOME thread! Thanks to EVERYONE for posting such beautiful pictures!

Back
Top Bottom