Princess Margriet & Pieter van Vollenhoven's Golden Wedding: January 10, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamboleio

Aristocracy
City
Moscow
Country
Russia
Princess Margriet and her husband Pieter van Vollenhoven are going to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on January 10th.
Jeroen Shel, the host of the weekly program "Blue Blood" about royals, took an interview with the couple.
They talked about different topics,such as the obstacles they had to face before they were allowed to marry;their secrets of happy marriage; the illness of their second son,Prince Bernhard, and so on.
The interview is expected to be released on January 14th

Video: the marriage of Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven 10 January 1967 http://oldportal.euscreen.eu/play.jsp?id=EUS_AD13E7AC82B9432E92233B0B03806BFB …

Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven, an official photograph released by the Dutch royal court ahead of the couple's Golden Wedding anniversary on Tuesday, 10 January 2017.

https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn....=17489b20e0efed9f743363d1f49e71fd&oe=58E4BBED

Two new photos wirh all family!!!!!

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/binar...ortretfoto-s/prinses-margriet/familiefoto.jpg

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/binar...tfoto-s/prinses-margriet/pm-pvv-met-zonen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely photo of the couple,I wonder if it will be a tiara event?

I don't think it will be a tiara event, it never was at least. We havent had those for ages, the only exception being the pre-inauguration party in 2013.

Was the photo taken at Het Loo?

Last edited:
Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven, an official photograph released by the Dutch royal court ahead of the couple's Golden Wedding anniversary on Tuesday, 10 January 2017.

https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn....=17489b20e0efed9f743363d1f49e71fd&oe=58E4BBED
Of the Dutch, this couple has always been my very favorite. Loved seeing them for the last many decades. Always look pleasant and caring of each other. They have been blessed with a long and happy marriage. I hope they have many more.

What a lovely photo of the couple,I wonder if it will be a tiara event?

It will almost not be "an event" at all ;)
The couple will have a private party with the wedding staff (if i understand correctly they do this every 5 years), the couple will be wearing their outfit as it was then P.Margriet her wedding dress, her husband his air force uniform. This year also their children will attend.

In february they will go on a week long cruise with children (and grandchildren i assume) and then Pieter jokes in the interview "after that we will be bankrupt so after that all will be quiet again"

50 years is definitely a major milestone. Congratulations :flowers:

Pieter was in a strange position when he married. Though unlike current Royal husbands he didn't gain a title, he and his wife were not private citizens. Unlike other countries where princesses had to give up their place if they married a commoner (Sweden) or the children were untitled at least, his wife remained a part of the royal family and his children were titled and in line of succession. In a time when most women in public were known as Mrs husbands first name, it was an odd position fir a man to be in. And unlike his brother in law Claus, he didn't have a set position as his wife was not heir. Working in the public sector, there would always be doubts about how he got the position.

Wishing an amazing couple many more happy years. Hopefully their whole family was together to celebrate.

Last edited:
:previous:

Yes, if I'm not mistaken, Pieter van Vollenhoven is the only current European royal husband who has been a full-time royal, with the exception of the husbands of the queens regnant, and he did at least gain membership of the Royal House when he married.

Last edited:
It will almost not be "an event" at all ;)
The couple will have a private party with the wedding staff (if i understand correctly they do this every 5 years), the couple will be wearing their outfit as it was then P.Margriet her wedding dress, her husband his air force uniform. This year also their children will attend.

In february they will go on a week long cruise with children (and grandchildren i assume) and then Pieter jokes in the interview "after that we will be bankrupt so after that all will be quiet again"
My,oh my!
You're not kidding?

It's just unbelievable how much their grandchildren have grown up! Their two oldest granddaughters - Anna and Isabella are now very beautiful young ladies.And they both resembling their mothers, who are charming women.
And I must say that it is unusual to see no babies in this family

Unbelievvable indeed; I feel old just by looking at these photos.

Nice to see the entire family together. I believe the pghoto is taken in the stables of Het Loo Palace. The carriage is the one that Pieter and Margriet used on their wedding day and at Prinsjesdag.

Beautiful family. Happy the couppe were able to have their entire family together to celebrate such an important anniversary. :flowers:

I love they took the photo infront of the wedding carriage:)

Courtesy JezzRulz...:flowers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_7QsdftLLA&ab_channel=JezzRulz

Wedding of Margriet and Pieter,the wedding that won the hearts of the Dutch even though many opposed as Pieter was "just an ordinary citizen",and frumpiness still very much ruled the sixties and perceptions.They have proved wrong.All of them.I recall the announcement...and ofcourse the day off from school on occasion of the wedding...wonderfull,cold but wonderfull..We've,my family that is,always loved "Prince"Pieter,for if there would be one to deserve to be elevated to that title,it would be Pieter van Vollenhoven more then anyone else.For all his work and relentless input for safety both domestic and internationally and for being the ROCK of the RF for decades,always there to advise,to console,just to listen or in any form,he's a Jewel in our Crown and we all can not thank him enough.
Thank you Prof.mr.Pieter and Princess Margriet and congratulations!!

Last edited:
Courtesy JezzRulz...:flowers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_7QsdftLLA&ab_channel=JezzRulz

Wedding of Margriet and Pieter,the wedding that won the hearts of the Dutch even though many opposed as Pieter was "just an ordinary citizen",and frumpiness still very much ruled the sixties and perceptions.They have proved wrong.All of them.I recall the announcement...and ofcourse the day off from school on occasion of the wedding...wonderfull,cold but wonderfull..We've,my family that is,always loved "Prince"Pieter,for if there would be one to deserve to be elevated to that title,it would be Pieter van Vollenhoven more then anyone else.For all his work and relentless input for safety both domestic and internationally and for being the ROCK of the RF for decades,always there to advise,to console,just to listen or in any form,he's a Jewel in our Crown and we all can not thank him enough.
Thank you Prof.mr.Pieter and Princess Margriet and congratulations!!

Thank you for your story, it was really interesting to read it.
So, if I understand you rightly, you have witnessed all the important events in the life of this family- i.e. birth of their kids, their christenings, upbringing, their engagements and weddings, births their own kids.
It's amazing, I think.
Their golden wedding is an emotional event for you, isn't it?

A very happy and lovely couple who is very near of Princess Beatrix, they half her when she was queen and when Claus was ill.and her sons were too young to attend the public events.

I found a video about the christening of Constantin and Berhnard, they were christened the same day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRmhj9V_CHA#t=2.830916

I wonder why Bernhard uses the surname van Oranje on Instagram and not van Vollenhoven

Prince Maurits mentioned that they learned from they father to persist and not give up. WHile their mother raised them with the idea of always being there for another person.

Prince Floris hoped that his parents would work less, so they will ahve more time for other things and each other.

I would like to thank everyone who has provided information, links and videos.

I wonder why Bernhard uses the surname van Oranje on Instagram and not van Vollenhoven

Princess Margriet's sons use "van Oranje" because their full surname is "van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven", and in the Netherlands the custom is to use the first segment of an overlong name.

I believe that they have a chalet there in Leogang / Saalfelden-Wiesing, close to Zell am See. They celebrated their copper wedding in Austria too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom