The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 9: June 2016 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody recognise the necklace? I don't think it is the usual diamond necklace

It's been identified by court jeweller as part of her diamond paure which she has owned since at least 2005:flowers:

Speculation seems to bevthatvthevdiamonds belonged to a tiara of Alice Keppel. Along with the Kepprl ruby tiara which she wore as a necklace, Charles is said to have bought the second tiara and paid to rework it.

Last edited:
It's been identified by court jeweller as part of her diamond paure which she has owned since at least 2005:flowers:

Speculation seems to bevthatvthevdiamonds belonged to a tiara of Alice Keppel. Along with the Kepprl ruby tiara which she wore as a necklace, Charles is said to have bought the second tiara and paid to rework it.

Since my last post, I have seen better pictures, and it indeed is the regular diamond demi-parure that she has used since 2005.

As for its provenance, I have seen stories about a link to Alice Keppel, as well as a link to a tiara bought by Charles and reworked into the necklace and the earrings. My own view is that the parure was bought new at the time of C&C's wedding, probably from Harry Winston or somebody like that. It could have been bought by Charles or have been a present, no details are known.

That dress looks like the curtains in my front room. What is it with royal woman that they use such dreadful patterns on their dresses and then don't wear designs that flatter. I can't remember the last time I saw an outfit on Camilla that actually flattered her figure. I know many older woman with similar figures and they can all look great with clothes that cost a couple of hundred dollars and she has 1000s to spend and always looks like a sack of potatoes.
I am surprised you have curtains with "dreadful patterns" in your front room [emoji1] . Clearly tastes are very personal.

Last edited by a moderator:
That dress looks like the curtains in my front room. What is it with royal woman that they use such dreadful patterns on their dresses and then don't wear designs that flatter. I can't remember the last time I saw an outfit on Camilla that actually flattered her figure. I know many older woman with similar figures and they can all look great with clothes that cost a couple of hundred dollars and she has 1000s to spend and always looks like a sack of potatoes.

Agree very much why some one hasn't advised better supporting underwear I don't know.

Besides the fact that the current Pope has relaxed all and everything at the Vatican, there is also a difference in a State Visit, and Official Visit and in a personal visit (out of politesse, because one is in the country). That last one has almost no protocol, just have an audience while the first two come with more decorum and ceremonial. There were no specific protocol requirements, so the Duchess looked lovely in creme and gold.

She looks wonderful both arriving in Rome & at the Vatican.

For the meeting with HH Pope Francis, Camilla wore her head uncovered and donned a gold silk dress and coat by Anna Valentine, one of favourite designers.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/04/04/18/3EF041DE00000578-4378538-image-a-135_1491325604225.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/04/04/17/3EF037FE00000578-4378538-image-a-123_1491325189426.jpg
I think this may just be the most beautiful ensemble she has worn so far. In general, I like the light and airy whites and creams but this gorgeous pale gold silk is fabulous, the sort of 'fabulous' one would expect in a gala gown.

Camilla's accessories were also perfect with her amazing scarf and shoes reflecting an almost perfect match with the pale gold of the dress and darker gold of the scarf. Interestingly, her clutch was pale cream and when she stood for the group photo beside HH, it was the perfect foil for the ensemble and certainly showed that she was wearing neither white nor cream.

So, for all it was a private visit, Camilla's ensemble reflected the importance the occasion and their host.

Since it was a private visit the color is perfectly fine.

It's a beautiful outfit. I love the scarf and color. Wonderful choice. :flowers:

By the looks of it, Anna Valentine is back designing clothing for Camilla after a few years in the wilderness. Personally , I am quite pleased as I thought the partnership had worked well.

Not fond of the earlier outfit. The detail on the shoulders is odd.

The navy look is wonderful. :flowers:

Makeup Hair Jewelry-flawless. This tiered cream colored dress -Has got to go. It was bad last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom