The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like black and white as combination. It can look very crisp. However, I wonder if the position of the white on the skirt could make you look wide in the hips, which is never a good idea.

Minus the white sides, I love the suit.

The countess of Wessex looks nice in the black suit. The brooch is a nice touch.
:: flowers ::

IloveCP, I concur with your statement; minus the white stripes, the suit is lovely. I really love her smile.

That's what bothers me about the suit; the white sides on the skirt. I think there could have been a better combination of black and white, though the style looks nice on her.

Hello all - if this has been posted or discussed before, please just point me in the right direction!

I have a question about Sophie's hair. I love the ponytail/bun she has been wearing quite often since the royal wedding last April. I know that she has been growing her hair out, but I did not think that her hair was long enough (especially at the wedding) to wear it pulled back in that fashion. Does anyone know/think that it is a hair clip? I think it is really flattering on her, and if clips exist, I would love to try one.

Thanks for any info!

Amy

I think some of her styles have an additional hair clip, but some of them must be her own hair. Her hair style at Albert and Charlene's wedding would not have allowed for a hair clip. example and example 2. I suppose it could be extensions, but I doubt it is. The same goes for her hair at Zara's wedding. Zara wedding.

I have loved some of her hairstyles this year:

Hair 1
Hair 2
Hair 3
Hair 4
Hair 5
Hair 6

I like the black and white dress, I thought that because of the design it made her look quite thin. I like that she ISN'T wearing her nude shoes.

Last edited:
I loved her hair at the Monaco wedding and though the low bun thing has been done and done on her I like it. I agree I am over the nude shoe thing too.
I will say I did not like her in trousers. They made her appear short and chubby . IMO.

I think some of her styles have an additional hair clip, but some of them must be her own hair. Her hair style at Albert and Charlene's wedding would not have allowed for a hair clip. example and example 2. I suppose it could be extensions, but I doubt it is. The same goes for her hair at Zara's wedding. Zara wedding.

I have loved some of her hairstyles this year:
Hair 1 Hair 2 Hair 3 Hair 4 Hair 5 Hair 6

Thanks for the recap of all of Sophie's hairstyles, Molly! :flowers:
Sophie has been looking exceptionally well lately; the woman gets prettier and more elegant every year!

These are some of the most elegant hairdos of hers indeed. Thanks for sharing! :flowers:

Sophie wore a cream white outfit for today's lunch.
I'm not a fan of this suit; it appears to be somewhat ill-fitting.
- Full view

Originally posted by dbarn67

Last edited:
:previous:
The outfit is awkward and unflattering. The make up (forehead and cheeks) seems clashing. I liked the hairstyle.

Last edited:
Sophie wore a cream white outfit for today's lunch.
I'm not a fan of this suit; it appears to be somewhat ill-fitting.
- Full view

Originally posted by dbarn67

I thought Sophie looked rather fumpy in the suit today. Hair was lovely though.

Way too big, or the design is awful. She could have worn better.

It's trousers! I am not sure how I feel about it. I wish she would have worn one of her many lovely dresses. I am surprised she wore trousers, as I did not think they would have been acceptable? Perhaps she had clearance from the boss herself!

Love her hair & makeup, but that dress/outfit is just terrible. I agree that it looks big & frumpy. Not a good look if you have a small waist and larger hips & legs. Looking for better tonight.

Whether it's trousers or a dress, Sophie looks very dowdy and overwhelmed by that outfit. I normally like her hair pulled back in that style, but the combination of hairstyle and matronly outfit gives me a Jane Eyre vibe.

White looks nice on her and it's a lovely hairstyle. Everything else is unflattering.

Very unflattering. I think it makes her look older. Though, the hairstyle is nice.

Sophie looks positively awful in that outfit. It reminds me of a cassock worn by a monk or an Eastern Orthodox priest. Her hair is lovely.

I like the color but little else - she looked frumpy and something about the hairstyle was not right.

next to charlene it's tough, tall and super slim. But a terrible, ill[filling dress. She has such a nice manner, it's a shame.

I Don’t Like Countess Sophie Outfit at all , She have to wear something fit on her body , Not Loose Outfit , Unsuccessful Choice .

A lovely look for the Countess of Wessex at the Armed Forces Parade and Muster today, May 19, 2012 in Windsor.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I like this look, even the hat (at least it's not another satellite).
The first picture where Sophie looks at Her Majesty is really lovely. :)

I liked the look minus the big white watch (everybody has one o those these days), which, by the way she also wore at the luncheon. Not an appropriate choice for both occasions.

Yesterday's outfit was unflattering.
Today's coat is lovely.I don't like her hat

Sophie looks elegant, sophisticated and understated. I love the whole look (and her facial expression when she's looking at Her Majesty).

A lovely look for the Countess of Wessex at the Armed Forces Parade and Muster today, May 19, 2012 in Windsor.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Sophie today look amazing and elegant :flowers: I like it the coat and the hat :) and especially love it the picture with the Queen :heartflower:

MagMil said:
Sophie today look amazing and elegant :flowers: I like it the coat and the hat :) and especially love it the picture with the Queen :heartflower:

I couldn't agree more. Simply stunning'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom