The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked the hat with the feathers!

I actually think that Sophie looked lovely. The hat was also very nice, but I do not think it was appropriate for the event. I think a hat like that would be lovely for Ascot, for a garden party, a wedding, or perhaps Trooping, but, IMO, not for church. Perhaps I am just being too traditional. What you see from HM and Camilla are "working hats" as opposed to the wonderful "fun" hat that Sophie wore. Anybody concur?
I understand what you are saying, and I concur, although I must say I also think that what kind of hat Sophie wears is not important/prevents her from doing an outstanding job.
And I still don't like yesterday's hat.

Fashionwise, Sophie has become so much more interesting to follow in later years, in my opinion - and she only seems to grow prettier as the years go by.
It is as if she has grown into her role and radiates self-assuredness (in the good way) during the last couple of years and it is reflected in her wardrobe. She is one of the most interesting royals to follow with regard to hats - and this one is another great example of her interesting hat collection.

:previous:
Couldn't agree more.
Sophie has certainly grown into her position; she appears to get more elegant and graceful as years go by. :)

Fashionwise, Sophie has become so much more interesting to follow in later years, in my opinion - and she only seems to grow prettier as the years go by.
It is as if she has grown into her role and radiates self-assuredness (in the good way) during the last couple of years and it is reflected in her wardrobe. She is one of the most interesting royals to follow with regard to hats - and this one is another great example of her interesting hat collection.

:previous: √√√
I agree with you :flowers:
Sophie rocks ;)

I am sure I am dating myself, and Sophie looked lovely, although the hat seemed a bit, well satellite dishish and too askew - but has it become the norm to wear such a decollete dress during the daytime for an official royal appearance with senior members of the family conducted in a church?
An evening function seems more appropriate for that neckline, IMO.

Sophie is definitely an intrepid hat wearer and isn't afraid to experiment with different designs, and I enjoy many of her styles, but I still didn't like the feathered satellite dish of yesterday.

Last edited:
I like that Sophie isn't afraid to wear a hat that will attract attention, negative or positive, as it shows she really enjoys wearing them. I wish I could attend events where it was appropriate to wear outlandish hats, I would relish in it! Sophie has gotten so much more beautiful with age and motherhood. Over the years she has grown into herself more, become more self-assured and has obviously generated self-esteem from somewhere, which is brilliant for her. She looks brilliant over 2010/2011 period, and perhaps it is because of the arrival of Catherine, but who cares? If that is what it took for Sophie to realise she's hot then thank goodness!

I am sure I am dating myself, and Sophie looked lovely, although the hat seemed a bit, well satellite dishish and too askew - but has it become the norm to wear such a decollete dress during the daytime for an official royal appearance with senior members of the family conducted in a church?
An evening function seems more appropriate for that neckline, IMO.
I agree with you about the neckline. My first thought was the neckline is too low for a church service. It would work for a garden party or Ascot during the day but not in church and certainly not in the Abbey.

The first pictures I saw of her hat, the lighting wasn't very good. It looked like a black and white pyramid on her head!! All I could think was "what in heaven's name has she got on her head!" Seeing the hat in better lighting was actually a relief.

I believe Sophie has discovered that if you wear a hat that everyone must comment on, no one notices your hair!

So true, and her hair looked very nice in that updo! And while the dress was very elegant, I thought the neckline a bit too plunging for a daytime church service.

Last edited:
When I saw her hair with the hat, I thought it might be a hair piece, does she really have that long hair to get a bun that large? Or maybe it was just teased up a bit?

Mmmm...chicken.:chef::ROFLMAO:
STEP AWAY FROM THE HAT!

I love Sophie's style. The older she gets the better she gets and this repeat outfit just proves the point. Sophie has STYLE, really great style, and not the least bit mumsy or boring! And her hats! Being a hat fanatic, I have to admit that Sophie is the finest purveyor of Hat Eye Candy in the BRF! And this one is an absolute pearler.

It is my opinion that the second incarnation of Sophie is a triumph. For so many years she seemed to be working on the royal fashion version of fading into the wallpaper and then suddenly, from seemingly out of nowhere, there she was, svelte, chic and knock dead gorgeous with a hint of "back off honey, I can still change a tyre for myself". Her KH ensemble in it's muted shades made her glow instead of washing her out. As to that remarkable peice of millinery . . . what can I say . . . perfection.

Sophie has really grown comfortable in her own skin, she doesn't feel the necessity to be a slave to "fashion" and judging by some "fashionable" royals, I can only say she has made the better choice by becoming a style setter. A lesson for all of us that nothing is cast in stone. We all have to power to change the way we see ourselves.

Sophie obviously sees herself as a happy, healthy and confident woman who proves that being a wife and mother and having a penchant for fashion and fun are not mutually exclusive. And if you don't believe that, take another look at that simply glorious chapeau!

http://i41.tinypic.com/2j8eua.jpg

Last edited:
:previous:
I Agree Agree Agree :cheers: . Nicely said :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree too. She's obviously having fun with some of her hats and fashion choices in general, and this is just great, IMO. Why taking everything seriously? ;)

Love that red coat! She looks great with her hair up.

Love the colour, but the coat looks too big.

I agree. Love the red coat but the fit is not good on Sophie. The "up" hair do is very chic though.

Last edited:
I loved all combination :) She looks very fresh

I absolutely love the combination of red and beige, as well as the fact tiny bit of the dress (or skirt) is showing under the coat.
Sophie looks lovely.

She looks perfect in Pic 1, in the other pictures the coat appears too big indeed, but couldn't that be due to the angle? However, red coat and beige accessories is an interesting and beautiful combo. Especially against her hair which appears to have a nice shade at the moment. Lovely!

Color's great but I agree, it looks too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom