Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful dress, great color. She is very mother-of-the-bride. Bravo Silvia!

A very regal appearance - Queen Silvia looks wonderful in this shimmering dress!

A flawless look from the mother-of-the-bride! She looked so regal.

I loved Q.Silvia's appearance too! Regal and glamorous! :)

What words could I possibly use here? 'Stunning' doesn't seem enough this time. Class and perfection for Q.Silvia once again. And pink was a great choice!!! :)

What words could I possibly use here? 'Stunning' doesn't seem enough this time. Class and perfection for Q.Silvia once again. And pink was a great choice!!! :)

I quite agree. Both look beautiful.

Yesterday she looked very good, today-fantastic! I love that dress, the color, the pattern. Gown going well with the jewelery. Queen doesn't disappointed me.

The Queen has not disappointed during the whole event. She has looked every inch a Queen and every inch the mother of the bride. She did not try and outshine her daughter at any given time (very admirable). She looked just wonderful today. Loved the gown and the jewels.

^ Every inch a Queen, well said! ;) I can't stop admiring her. She's a true vision tonight!!! :flowers:

Both of her dresses were beautiful. She always looks great!

Queen is today beautiful.

Wow - absolutely beautiful! And the color matches her jewels perfectly.

Apart from the bride the best dressed Lady at the wedding, IMO. :flowers: I just adore the color of this delicate dress and it goes wonderful with the gorgeous topaz necklace.

Apart from the bride the best dressed Lady at the wedding, IMO. :flowers: I just adore the color of this delicate dress and it goes wonderful with the gorgeous topaz necklace.

You have perfectly described what I think! I could not say it better!

Queen Silvia has put me in shock!
She looked AMAZING and I thought she was thee best dressed. Not bad for a 65 year old woman.
She looked better than some of the younger princesses.

Queen Silvia's beautiful dress in salmon pink and gold brocade worn for the pre-wedding concert is certainly by couturier Jacques Zehnder, one of her favorites during the past fifteen years.

I am not so sure about the amazing rosé dress for the wedding itself.
(And I am quite stunned that the royal court's official press release describes it as a 'tulle' dress... simply wrong.)
It could be Zehnder as well, but it's not quite his style and handwriting. Since Queen Silvia only wears non-Swedish couture and almost strictly one-of-a-kinds, it would be very interesting to find out who made it.
The style reminds me very much of Valentino a few years ago, when the 'Master' still designed himself.

I agree that Queen Silvia might indeed have been the best dressed of all royal ladies at this wedding.

Queen Silvia is the most beautiful and the most ellegant Queen of all. She was perfect at her daughter's marriage. The only problem was her upper lip - too much bottox.

Boris, thanks for your information. Yes, Jacques Zehnder is one of the favorites designer of the queen.

Queen Silvia's beautiful dress in salmon pink and gold brocade worn for the pre-wedding concert is certainly by couturier Jacques Zehnder, one of her favorites during the past fifteen years.

I am not so sure about the amazing rosé dress for the wedding itself.
(And I am quite stunned that the royal court's official press release describes it as a 'tulle' dress... simply wrong.)
It could be Zehnder as well, but it's not quite his style and handwriting. Since Queen Silvia only wears non-Swedish couture and almost strictly one-of-a-kinds, it would be very interesting to find out who made it.
The style reminds me very much of Valentino a few years ago, when the 'Master' still designed himself.

I agree that Queen Silvia might indeed have been the best dressed of all royal ladies at this wedding.

Silvia was the epitome of perfection.

I like both new outfits a lot.
The fuchsia suit is perfect to brighten up a dull, rainy day like the one of the Bernadotte Bicentennial unfortunately was, and the detailing is beautifully made:

Photobank CTK

The electric blue dress for dinner is starkly simple, apart from the one eye-catching element of the fabric gathering across the bodice to one shoulder.
At close view, there's some exquisite tailoring here, with the single S-shaped seam crossing in front and running the whole length of the dress. Different, but IMHO a very nice 'different':

http://svenskdam.se/files/2010/08/Kungen-Madeleine-Carl-Phi.jpg
Photobank CTK

The pink ensemble is lovely. I'm not keen on the blue one - the top part looks awkward to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom