Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 11: October 2018 - July 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugenie has such gorgeous coloring and a lovely personality. I'm glad she looked so wonderful on her wedding day. She should try to work more with Zac Posen. He created such a rockin' and beautiful gown for her wedding reception. ⭐

She'd be criticized for wearing an American designer too often.
I know she isn't a working royal, but still, the public wouldn't like it.

Well that might be true, but the public does not pay her a cent. She has a husband that now pays the bills and also a nice job of her own bringing money into her small family. So public wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I hope that the days of her worrying about the public's opinion since they have found fault her entire life is well and truly over. Other older royals [Queens uncle's wives and cousins] have worn French designs for years and not a peep out of the nasty public. Public just doesn't like the York girls. Case of children paying for the sins of the parents. Stupid.

I don't think the British public are very interested in the York princesses or what they wear (unless it's newsworthy ie Bea's bonkers hat).

I don't think the British public are very interested in the York princesses or what they wear (unless it's newsworthy ie Bea's bonkers hat).

Every time one of the Yorks makes an appearance, there's a lot of comments about scroungers and leeches.
The RF wouldn't want to encourage more of that.

Every time one of the Yorks makes an appearance, there's a lot of comments about scroungers and leeches.
The RF wouldn't want to encourage more of that.
There are always comments like that from anti-monarchists but as long as the York sisters aren't being supported by taxpayers, they won't have a very high profile (unless they court celebrity like their mother).

Yes, the York sisters should do what they want and as they please, within reason. (..)

So back to fashion: I think both York girls are beauties in their own right, and that they could benefit stylistically by finding a good designer muse. They are young and have a lot of advantages, and should be able to better learn what works best for their bodies and enhances them rather than detracts. I was very impressed by how Eugenie managed styling choices for her wedding, and I hope that Beatrice will one day hit it out of the ballpark too on her soon-to-be wedding day, if she has found her forever partner.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are always comments like that from anti-monarchists but as long as the York sisters aren't being supported by taxpayers, they won't have a very high profile (unless they court celebrity like their mother).

They are two lovely girls. They just need help and mirrors. Eugenie looks okay. Beatrice looks like she is being swallowed by a flower garden. The dress is hideous. Their father supports them, he should try engaging a stylist.

Yes, some people don't consistently make all the right choices for what enhances their bodies and physical features. No one is perfect all the time sartorially, of course. However, the Yorks are so young with lovely features that just aren't being fully enhanced every time out. I know striking a fashionable image may not be a priority for some young people, but with all the fashion and style resources available to the York girls, it is an absolute shame that they so far have only tangentially and inconsistently made the best choices to look fabulous all the time.

Eugenie and Beatrice could both make much better choices. They both have gorgeous complexions, striking eyes, and lovely coloring. Being curvy does not mean having to settle for dowdy or matronly or awkward. To the contrary, with the right help and the right styling choices, they could both slay on a regular basis. They are young and the time is now to discover more consistently stylish, authentic profiles.

Last edited:
I find myself continually dismayed by the never-ending nitpicking over various aspects if the York women's wardrobes. It is always "but" but they are not going to change. Good heavens they are in their thirties not impressionable teenagers.

Can we not just accept them as women with a style you like or not and applaud when they get it right and groan when it's a miss.

They are two lovely girls. They just need help and mirrors. Eugenie looks okay. Beatrice looks like she is being swallowed by a flower garden. The dress is hideous. Their father supports them, he should try engaging a stylist.

He did hire one.

A woman who claimed to be their former stylist gave an interview where she spoke of borrowing all sorts of designer clothes for them.

I'm not certain if she was the same one Andrew hired or a different one.

They are two lovely young women, but I don't think they know how to dress for their body-types on a consistent basis. They need clothes that are cut for their curvy bodies, not for the fashionable model thin types. A mirror would help and also the advice of someone who could be both kind and brutally honest.

I've said for a long time the York girls need to focus on dressing their body type and avoid whatever the latest fashion-fad is...often those are not well suited for curvy ladies that they are.

LaRae

(..)

But curvier types need to adopt clothing that suits their bodies; if they don't, the clothes simply won't fit well. Fit is everything.
(And I don't mean squeezing into the smallest possible size, either).

It can be done, but I do think the Yorks could use a stylist's advice.

Fit is everything.
(And I don't mean squeezing into the smallest possible size, either).

It can be done, but I do think the Yorks could use a stylist's advice.

In support of that, hiring a superb seamstress and/or tailor would go a long way to helping them look their best. A trick that many chic women with small waists, curvy hips and full busts use is to buy clothing to fit their more generous dimensions, and then have them altered to accommodate their smaller dimensions. This does away with gapping over the chest (Eugenie at the recent garden party) and the creasing and riding up over the hips.

The York sisters of course do not have the slimmest figures in the world but they both have some pretty parts in their bodies, such as nice legs for Béatrice and pretty clivage for Eugénie, to name only a few. Both girls can be amazingly well dressed by choosing clever clothes to valuate their pretty body parts and hide their defaults. This is the real elegance. You don't need to be model build to be elegant. But I think the main issue for both sisters is that they are fashion victims, they want to wear pretty and fashionable items, without necessary checking if they fit well.
Or, if it is true that they borrow clothes from shops, they do not necessarily have the choice.
Or they simply have their mother's lack of taste!

Last edited:
(..) I thought they looked pretty I am not sure what the expectation is of these young women ? and I think it is a bit cruel. I like them unlike some Johnnie come late lies who through their$$$ about ....

Posts and comments about the Duchess of Cambridge, her sister and other royals have been removed as off-topic.

Love the color and style of the bodice Eugenie has one..but not the see thru element on the skirt.

Love the fabric and color of Beatrice's dress but it's too much...short sleeves and a vee neck would of kept the fabric from swamping her.

LaRae

Love the color and style of the bodice Eugenie has one..but not the see thru element on the skirt.

Love the fabric and color of Beatrice's dress but it's too much...short sleeves and a vee neck would of kept the fabric from swamping her.

LaRae

Bea’s dress is a shirtwaist dress with the top button unbuttoned or no button on the top, so somewhat v-necked.

I'd love to see her wear a DVF wrap dress in this color/pattern (similar).

This one just looks like it's too much material on her.

LaRae

Beatrice looks okay but it seems heavy for the 1st of June. Eugenie looks good in the yellow but I hate this style with a short under-dress/lining over a longer see thru over-dress. I think that style looks horrid no matter who is wearing it.

I like Bea's look. The pattern is nice, though maybe a bit too much fabric in June. Still she looks lovely.

Eugenie looks like she went shopping in grandma's closet. The doily dress, and pepto bismal hat and bird cage. The look is aging and not good at all, not just the see through part.

Eugenie's dress looks like a yellow version of CP Victoria's white self-portrait dress she wore to her son's christening.

Last edited:
They both look equally awful. The pink hat and yellow dress say, I just grabbed two things from someone's closet. Beatrice looks like the more fabric she wears this week she will get a prize. At least the color is not terrible. They plainly need help. Someone made a caustic remark directed at the Duchess of Sussex, I believe, at least she usually looks good, with all the money spent, as purported. They don't spend less just look dowdy and blah.

I loved the 2 dresses, Beatrice despite having sleeves is light, and Eugenie loved the fabric very spring / summer, and the color sat very well. The models also suitable for the body. And what I think is very important, you may not like the model / color / fabric but they are always dressed according to the proposed event
You know the impression I have is that what you see is going to criticize them. In my opinion 90% of the times we saw them, they are fine. And because they risk a lot, sometimes it does not look so good, but at least it does not stay in the same model or the same color.

Ps' About Meghan I at least just saw her well dressed 2 x (Clothing of her size, within the proposed event, within the protocol, in marking underwear, labels appearing outside the exorbitant prices and follows)
So I guess it can not be used as an example.

Actually I like the material of the yellow dress on Eugenie. Anyone with a nice bust needs a soft material [unless formal attire] so that it can be fitted to small waist without looking really corset-like. I also enjoy the "see-through" sections for a change. Nice but not "sexy and common". She is young and happy. Newly married and husband certainly does mind her outfit, I am sure. Bravo to her.

Eugenie looks lovely, doesn’t Sophie have that same dress Beatrice is wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom