Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 4: November 2018 - March 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the upper part of the sleeves ruin the dress for me.

I like the dress but i agree its to tight and her shoulders a way to high imo. I like the hairstyle an im glad she is playing with different hairstyle

I adore it all. Such olde world charm styling. It delights me. This is a great example of when the sum of the parts (the styling) is superb and exceeds what I'd expect with any other combination.

And if you look at her seated, it is not too small at all. JMO. :flowers:

On paper, the description of the dress, jewels, hairstyle sound great. In reality - a complete miss. The dress is too tight and just weird. The whole package just doesn't sit right and I cannot put my finger on what it is.

Great colour - otherwise a bit tight and not loving the sleeves. None of the Swedish women looked great today unfortunately.
The colour is gorgeous. And yes - none of the Swedish female royals looked that great.

Positives: color is stunning, love her hair.

But sorry way too tight. Just looks uncomfortable to be in.

The choker doesn't suit her at all.

I like the bottom part of the sleeves but the puffy shoulders ruin it.

It's kind of a theatrical look: a bit too tight, a bit too puffy in the sleeves, a choker that's a bit too high and tight. I keep on thinking "Hello, Dolly" or "My Fair Lady" rather than a Nobel gala night. It's not bad, red is a great color on Sofia, but the overall effect is a miss for me.

Sofia looks lovely in that colour, it really flatters her, however, the gown is a mess. Words fail me and I find it impossible to describe the gown except to say props to Sofia for designing it and a medal for actually wearing it. :wacko:

Color is lovely on her, but that’s about it.

Honestly- what really stands out for me is the choker. It doesn’t suit her at all. Rarely have I seen a piece of jewelry and had such a strong negative reaction. But there it is.

The dress is very much the style Sofia likes, but it is boring. Maybe the amethyst tiara would have helped and had given a little more strong colour to her outfit.
And her hairdo is just horrible.
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:143137759:1800x650:w?v=5beec82b&m=ohobninh
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:143137791:1800x650:w?v=5beec82b&m=leipnena
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010040011J1544556293778444

Svensk Damtidning tells that Sofia's dress is from swedish Valerie Aflalo.
Vi avslöjar! Därifrån kommer prinsessan Sofias galaklänning _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Pretty, but very plain. I actually do prefer her red dress from yesterday. Atleast that sparked a reaction for me haha.

I think this would have looked better without the sleeves. Overall it's a little (okay, a lot) boring.

Much better than last night's disaster. The color sort of washes her out, but she still manages to pull it off.

Sofia looks beautiful. I like the floaty feel but I agree that the colour is a bit wishy washy again; making the dress seem a bit ghostly. However, it still seems to work as she looks great.

Better then last night but that is saying little. :sad:

Almost opposite of last night. The two things she did well last night failed here, the color and her hair. Both were great last night.

This color is just blah. Making the overall look just meh at best. And her hair is bad for a tiara event.

The dress in a better color and without the sleeves would have worked better.

I guess I am the odd one out here but I liked both outfits. I really liked the look tonight. Not all the photos are complimentary but I feel it is the angle they were taken from.

Not a fans of both outfits. The red one: I am afraid that red isn't her color. The shoulder and the sleeves and the skirt......are just too much. The second one is meh but better than the red one. And I always think that never attempt to wear a tiara with your hair down (unless you are Madeleine:ROFLMAO:).

This dress is slightly better, but a richer color for the overlay would have been more interesting and made the dress pop.

Sorry but this dress is too boring/cheap looking for an event like this, and again Sofia is not on the same level as the other SRF ladies when it comes to hair and tiara.
She just keeps missing the bar.

I think she looks absolutely beautiful, very princess-like! The colour of the gown could be stronger, but even that seems complementary to her own colours in the photos without flash. I hope she'll reuse this dress, and maybe adds a narrow belt to cover the seam. Good job!

I thought Princess Sofia looked great in both dresses.
The red dress she wore for the Nobel ceremony was amazing. I loved everything about this look: the dress itself, the hairdo, make-up and jewellery. Perfect, imo.

The second dress was lovely, too. A different hairstyle would have been nice. Imo with a high neckline like that an updo would have looked better. The dress itself is lovely.

A nice look for Sofia at the re-dedication of the statue of King Karl XIV Johan today, December 16:

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous: Sofia really hit the mark with this ensemble. The Camel coloured background of the coat was given interest by the plaid design and the red stripe really lifted the whole coat and gave it a warmth everyone but Silvia was missing. Her hat was the perfect whimsical accessory.

I wish the dress is either shorter (knee length) or longer (floor length). I think red really isn't her color, both recent red outfits are just off to me.

The colour is too bright (look at me) for the event, while I don't like the other outfits either it stands somehow out, in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom