Princess Anne's Fashion & Style Part 4: April 2017 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Anne on day 2 of Royal Ascot today, June 21, wearing a jacket that reminds me of a tea towel ;) Not her best choice..

** Full view ** Upper part **

I think I had that tea towel once upon a time. :D

Anne in a fascinator just looks so wrong. I realize some are recent purchases so she must like them (cool, free-er, light) or find them practical. Because this is Anne of whom I am speaking. ;)

I missed Anne yesterday :sad:

The color was pretty. But the rest was total miss. Though I do like the hat.

Today was complete miss. The top looks like the dish towel I literally just used. And a fascinator :eek: Anne what are you doing to me:sad: I can usually count on you for a proper hat.

That green outfit is our typical Ann. No fuss, no frills and straight to the point. She looks her best when her personality is reflected in her clothing.

I always look at what she wears to Ascot and try to place it in fashion history. This green lacks shoulder pads and then there is the pencil skirt. The 90s? Or pre 80s? :lol:

She in a red dress and white jacket while receiving an Award for Outstanding Achievements in Horse Sports at the Spanish Riding School Vienna in Austria, yesterday, June 23:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Princess Anne elegant in black at the funeral of Countess Mountbatten of Burma, Patricia Mountbatten, today, June 27:

** Full view **

Last week Princess Anne inspected the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment Kit Ride Pass Off in Hyde Park, took the salute and presented the 'Best Soldier' award:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

For a birthday party for Queen Elizabeth in Beijing yesterday Princess Anne recycled the lovely green dress she had worn at Royal Ascot's Ladies Day two weeks ago (see the post above):

** Upper part **

Today, July 5, still in Beijing she chose a nice Anne-like dress :)

** Full/Back view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

In Wuhan @business school :sad: Anne is not usually that wrinkled. Nice green, icky wrinkles.

I enjoyed the evening dress, but then I am a sucker for that fabric! Thanks, Iceflower for such excellent picture selection.

:previous: I think we have to make allowances for 'life'. The dress looks like linen and, if it was hot or humid, any time spent sitting in the car on the way there, at the front of the audience while introductions, etc. were made, would create those creases.

I can't tell you how often I have come out of church and wondered why I had bothered ironing it.

Wow I have missed a bunch.

The white look is simple but lovely :flowers:

I love the color of the green dress. And the brooch.

Not a fan of the plaid. Reminds me of my kitchen curtains. :lol:

I love the shade of green of final look. :)

My favorite is the look at the reception in Wuhang. The neutral color suits her and I love her necklace and brooch.

I like the tan silk dress the best.

It seems to me that she's going to let her hair go grey. That's a good thing --- it'll be a softer look, especially as she doesn't do anything in the way of eyebrow enhancement.

Princess Anne looks wonderful in that baby blue suit, and the matching pearls and purse, everything is perfect on her. She is still an good looking woman working for her mother still. I think IMO she would of made a great queen.

Very regal gown and jewels/tiara on the Princess tonight,the white gloves look splendid also.

Last edited by a moderator:

When seeing today's look, I'm somehow reminded of the young Princess Anne in her early twenties..

** Back view ** Close up **

It's deliciously old fashioned : a 20 years old dress, opera gloves. It's appropriate, it's regal it's so... Anne.
What a contrast with the young Queen.

It's deliciously old fashioned : a 20 years old dress, opera gloves. It's appropriate, it's regal it's so... Anne.
What a contrast with the young Queen.

You realize that the Floral tiara that the young queen is wearing was commissioned as a wedding gift for Queen Maria Christina in 1879, don't you ?

So I think we cannot accuse Queen Letizia of being too "modern".

You realize that the Floral tiara that the young queen is wearing was commissioned as a wedding gift for Queen Maria Christina in 1879, don't you ?

So I think we cannot accuse Queen Letizia of being too "modern".

You make me laugh. Are you disappointed by something... again ? :lol::lol:

You can't deny a difference of "allure" between the two ladies. But both look great tonight, each in a different style : a traditional and safe one for Anne (an it suits her) and a regal and yet modern style for Letizia (an it suits her as well).
Two generations of royal ladies, two styles !

Last edited:
I was thinking the same, this is the kind of dress you can only expect Anne to wear and look good in. She's always deliciously herself.

Anne has kept her figure that's for sure. Good on her for being able to still fit into a 20 year old gown (and all her other vintage clothing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom