Jordanian Royals in Traditional Dress Part 1: May 2004 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noor's dress is gorgeous!!Generally,light blue and golden is a perfect combination.
About Haya's blue dress:it's beautiful and impressive,but it doesn't look like a traditional dress,in my opinion.

About Haya's blue dress:it's beautiful and impressive,but it doesn't look like a traditional dress,in my opinion.

I think the same but the dress isn´t western:rolleyes:

Definitely not western,but not that traditional on the other hand.I can't find a word to describe it with accuracy,but I hope you understand.

Oh,yes!She seems to like the blue-golden combination,which I find great.And look how young she was!!This photo must be taken in the late 80's-early 90's.

Once again, Queen Noor is for me the most elegant. And blue is certainly a colour that suits her to perfection.

I love Noor and Haya traditional clotes choice, always nice and look more jordanian:flowers:
I like the way Noor keep promote the national dresses:)

Thanks for the info,Salma!In this last picture the dress looks so impressive and different from the others.

Thanks for the info,Salma!In this last picture the dress looks so impressive and different from the others.

Welcome Iakynthi:flowers: Yes I know. Anyway this dress isn´t my favourite, I prefer blue thoub that QNoor wore in USA 1998 or blue thoub that she wore during Israel President to Amman.

These traditional dresses do seem very adequate to the country. In a way I think that it does differ royalty from one another. They are representing each a different era. I wish Queen Rania would wear more of it especially in international occasions. I think it is only fair to represent the country to its fullest.

We shouldn't be surprised,lillas.Rania doesn't want to represent tradition,but a new page in Jordan's history.
About the last dress of Q.Noor:I find it tasteless and too much.

A new page in Jordanian history doesn't have much to do with Queen Rania's dress.
There are many facts that would change the perception of the world of Jordan , What Queen Rania wears should not be a worry really! What she does and what she leads her country to do and her people matters more. And I think Queen Rania does a great job in representing modern Jordan, she is a very smart lady.
There is nothing wrong with traditions. In the contrary it is a value to the country. Without traditions everything would be the same all over the world, no differences, no curiosity, only conformity!

In today's world the way someone dresses expresses more than we tend to think.

why salma it looks nice espically the color

This last dark blue dress looks beautiful,but Q.Noor ruins it with too many jewels,in my opinion.

IMRIC Queen Alia was hardly ever photographed wearing Jordanian dress and was well-known for her love of Dior. Similarly Queen Noor wore a lot of couture and only started wearing traditional gowns on a more regular basis in the later years.

Bizarrely Queen Rania appears to be held to some different sort of standard.

why salma it looks nice espically the color

Yes is nice colour, but I don´t like the cloth and I don´t like Queen Noor wore this thoub with trousers.:nonono:

IMRIC Queen Alia was hardly ever photographed wearing Jordanian dress and was well-known for her love of Dior. Similarly Queen Noor wore a lot of couture and only started wearing traditional gowns on a more regular basis in the later years.

Queen Noor wore many thoubs since 1979 and more regular since 1983. She wore jordanian dresses in official portraits, all years during Jerash Festival, King Hussein´s birthday parties, state dinners... Queen Rania wore traditional dresses more during her first years as Queen than now.

Princess Haya
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/19225.jpg
ebay

Queen Noor
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/GA_00513450.jpg
She wore this thoub USA 98, Amman 97.
bew

I was thinking more of the state visits abroad. I can recall her often wearing evening gowns as opposed to thobes, although of course I'm not saying she never wore them.

Haya's dress is ugly,don't you think?Appropriate only for a Museum,in my opinion.LOL

I see too:Queen noor don't wore alot thubs on state visits abroad just like Rania and wich is in my opinion a wasted opportunity to show that beautiful clothes,however Queen noor and Haya definitely wore and promote national dresses more than Rania does.

I don´t say Queen Noor wore many thoubs but sometimes yes she wore traditional clothes during state and official events (Israel 97, USA 98..), but she wore more thoubs more than Rania.

Haya's dress is ugly,don't you think?Appropriate only for a Museum,in my opinion.LOL
I agree Iakynthi but the pic was taken 19years ago.

19 years? :eek: Right,that's why I suggest they donate it to a Museum immediately :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom