Jordanian Royals in Traditional Dress Part 1: May 2004 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in traditional dress of Irbid.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 765
  • 0000368499-001.jpg
    0000368499-001.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,748
  • 0000374840-001.jpg
    0000374840-001.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,795
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 648
in Circassian traditional dress.

Attachments

• rania sharkas.jpg
    rania sharkas.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 692
Beautiful photos, Safaa Batin and Mousbah. Thank you very much :)

It's lovely to see such beautiful traditional dresses and the royal ladies wearing them.

Some pics of Queen Rania at this year's Independenece Day celebrations, wearing a traditional inspired gown.

Pics from Getty and Petra

Attachments

• Amman+++++++++++++25+May+04+%232.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++25+May+04+%232.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 671
  • 50897641.jpg
    50897641.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 50897642.jpg
    50897642.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 411
Queen Rania visiting the village of Gweihbeh during Ramadan, November 2003.

Pics from Getty and Laha magazine

Attachments

• Nov03Gweihbeh0004.jpg
    Nov03Gweihbeh0004.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 571
  • Ghweibeh2.jpg
    Ghweibeh2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Nov03Gweihbeh0002.jpg
    Nov03Gweihbeh0002.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 336
  • Nov03Gweihbeh0003.jpg
    Nov03Gweihbeh0003.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:
La la said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41844 ).
WOW Princess Haya's grandmother looks very young for a woman in 70's year old .... If I don't read the posts before, I would think the lady who stand behind princess Haya is her grand mother and the other lady is begum Inaara Khan...

Last edited:
Jordan traditional clothes are very colourful and beautiful....thanks for the pictures...
Queen Rania looks great in those traditional costumes.

Weddind traditional dresses

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 345
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 463
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 503
Last edited by a moderator:
Those wedding dresses are fantastic! It's nice to see such colorful dresses-very different from white/ivory ones that are usually seen here. It's interesting too to see the differences between Jordanian dress and American dress. Thanks for all of the pictures!

salma said:
Weddind traditional dress
are those traditional wedding dresses? i didnt know that, i thought they wore white wedding dresses

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
I dun think these dresses are Jordanian.
I think that so, specially the long hat and the head cover in the first picture, it is similar to the lebanese'.

La la said:
Here is a(nother) pic of Princess Haya's grandma. She's quite stunning.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41844
Come on,don't tell here fibs,and give fake informations,that woman is not haya's grand-ma,look at her neck,she's not a woman who is over than 70years,and she seems to be younger than when Alia was still a liveher grand-ma is the one behind in black,this more accurate,she's doing her age and she's very petite like her daughter Q.alia and P.haya.

The blonde woman is Haya's aunt and Q.Alia's sister,Maha Tukane!!!!

Monalisa said:
Come on,don't tell here fibs,and give fake informations,that woman is not haya's grand-ma,look at her neck,she's not a woman who is over than 70years,and she seems to be younger than when Alia was still a liveher grand-ma is the one behind in black,this more accurate,she's doing her age and she's very petite like her daughter Q.alia and P.haya.

You are completely wrong. That lady is Nawar Jabi, Queen Alia's mother's younger sister. She was nearer in age to her niece than her sister, and they looked alike, and as a result many people thought she was a sister, but not so.

shelley said:
You are completely wrong. That lady is Nawar Jabi, Queen Alia's mother's younger sister. She was nearer in age to her niece than her sister, and they looked alike, and as a result many people thought she was a sister, but not so.

I'm very sure,haya's grandma is not blonde and still keep her black hair's colour,i have a picture of her with haya,but i don't know how to send it,it's impossible that woman could not be here grand ma,she seems to be in the 50's and it the age that Q.alia would have if she was alive!

Monalisa said:

this is NOT Ali and Haya's Grandma!Anyway so Queen Alia does have a sister? YAY My informations were right,lol

Monalisa said:

That is what the caption read.

La la said:
That is what the caption read.
The blonde lady in the photograph greeting Princess Haya on her wedding day is her great aunt, Nawar Jabi, and yes, she is in her late fifties/early sixties. As I said earlier, she is younger than her sister, Hanan Toukan. Maybe they have a different mother. That I do not know, but I am sure sure sure about who the lady is !

shelley said:
The blonde lady in the photograph greeting Princess Haya on her wedding day is her great aunt, Nawar Jabi, and yes, she is in her late fifties/early sixties. As I said earlier, she is younger than her sister, Hanan Toukan. Maybe they have a different mother. That I do not know, but I am sure sure sure about who the lady is !

Do you mean "shereen sayf-alnasser"'s mother,the egyptian actress,she's the younger sister of q.Alia's mother hanan Toukan,this is what i was meaning, she looks like her daughter,but as i know she's not allowed to come in Jordan,one of the reasons the sexual scandal of her daughter with one of princes of KSA,and bad tongues said that Q.rania is the reason,because K.A. wanted to marry her in the early 90's

I sent in haya's thread and sheik Mo,the true photo of her grand ma when she was 15,now she's older than in that picture.

Monalisa said:
Do you mean "shereen sayf-alnasser"'s mother,the egyptian actress,she's the younger sister of q.Alia's mother hanan Toukan,this is what i was meaning, she looks like her daughter,but as i know she's not allowed to come in Jordan,one of the reasons the sexual scandal of her daughter with one of princes of KSA,and bad tongues said that Q.rania is the reason,because K.A. wanted to marry her in the early 90's
Grandmother Toukan has several full and half sisters, so we can all be right.

Just a reminder that this thread is about Jordan's Traditional Dresses and if we can stay on topic as much as possible that would be great.

It may be a good idea to post the photo of the lady in question in the thread dedicated to Other Members of the Royal Family. I'm sure one of the other members will be able to get to the bottom of this mystery. Here's the thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3780

Thank you.

Jordanian Royals in Traditional Dress

Post pics of the members the Jordanian Royal Family wearing traditional jordanian dresses.

Queen Noor in Jerash Fesival. July 1999.

from aapimage:

Princess Alia Al Feisal; Princesses Aya, Sarah and Aisha.

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 434
  • 21.7.99.jpg
    21.7.99.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 484
  • faysalfamily2000.jpg
    faysalfamily2000.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 521
Status