Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 8: August 2018 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her faux fur coat looks cheap & makes her look like a muppet. Not elegant at all.

She looks as excited as her mum and Estelle.

Victoria's skirt is very pretty. I love her look from yesterday's outing!

The skirt is a beautiful print.:flowers: I don't like the high waist on it, fits odd.

I like the top, but because the way the skirt fits, it doesn't work here.

Love the necklace I must say.

It must be a warm outfit for winter as it reminds me duvet.

It got the wrong fabric. If it is made by some plainer fabric then we will have a dramatic but still not overwhelmed gown I believe. (BTW her gown today gave me QMII vibe, in a bad way.)

One of the most gorgeous dress Victoria has ever had at the Nobel Prize ceremony. So many interesting details and great fabric. Victoria looks so regal in it. But she always does, because she has so good posture.
https://media.shootitlive.com/HwjkkWRTKy2O7USxF5WRvfDZfTN/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/3133
https://media.shootitlive.com/4qMoYXqGbUrVmoCzfTku4ZVKzeS/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/3133

The dress is designed by eritrean-swedish designer Selam Fessahaye, who designed also Victoria's pink dress to this years Polar Music Prize.
Victoria nobelklänning 2019 från Selam Fessahaye _ ELLE

Victoria's hairdo, great as always.
https://media.shootitlive.com/BY8Zwn82eXSyMZ1x18sBA8JoC8V/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/3133

Last edited:
It looks as though Victoria is carrying a rolled up quilt under her right arm. I like the neckline and the victorian vibe of the gown, but the random puffs and roll of fabric are downright weird.

She should forget this designer, awful dresses, these are really ugly.

It looks as though Victoria is carrying a rolled up quilt under her right arm. I like the neckline and the victorian vibe of the gown, but the random puffs and roll of fabric are downright weird.

I'm rather distracted by the quilted details all over the gown.IMO this will be a "memorable" dress.:ermm:

This is a horrible dress. She got make-up, jewels and hair right, but the dress.... No. just no.

I wonder if her dress might be a homage to the late Sara Danius, she was member of the Swedish Academy, and for a couple of years its permanent secretary, who died on October 12th this year. The dress Victoria is wearing is something I can imaging Sara Danius would have chosen to wear, and wear well. https://www.elle.se/par-engsheden-o...nius-nobelklanningar-skapade-som-en-triologi/

I like Victoria's gown, it's something extravaganza, suitable for the occasion, and that she dares to go beyond the safe choices.

Last edited:
I mean, it's an awful dress, but am I the only one to appreciate the fact that it's out there and not a cookie cutter dress? When you've seen one Elie Saab, you've seen them all, but this def intrigues.?

Normally I find HRH's the Crown Princess gowns for the Nobel ceremonies , inspiring and appropriate , however I was not surprised to learn that this gown was also created by the designer responsible for the Polar Music Prize flamingo gown . I could not help thinking of Morticia Adams kitted out for the North Pole . Yet I have seen other designs from Selam Fesayahe which could have been adapted much more successfully to reflect the gravity of this ceremony . I think HRH need's to explore other stylists . However I do admire the Crown Princess for her willingness to step out of "the box ", only Princess Laurentien is a match .

Agree CP Victoria's 2019 gown was a fashion risk, that did not pan out. Of particular distraction are the clumping of asymmetrical layers as well as bulk of the rose quilted skirt. Jewels are the highlight for me.

So - me thinks? Not the best but horray for her bravery - and let's face it - she is a mature beautiful woman dressing like she wants - so have fun.

I liked the dress apart from the naked shoulder which looked like a malfunction rather than a designed intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom