Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is nice, the colour I agree is boring. I don't like her hair as well. It looks somewhat strange on the forehand. I adore her figure. She is slim but not too thin. She has a made for dresses figure.

That is exactly my thoughts too. Mary is a slim princess, but I've always thought that she looked very healthy.

Mary looks lovely in that brown dress tonight, it's very simple and elegant and she glows in these pictures :previous:

IMO a rather boring monochrome in terms of color and quite unimaginative as far as strapless evening dresses in chiffon go.
The look would have benefited from some more contrast and most of all from wearing a necklace.

I don't like the color on her.It's not a great look for her.

I have to agree, the color is not great on her. The style is okay, but nothing to get excited over.

Pretty style, but should have been in a better color. It's not one of her "wow" looks; very understated.

Here would have been very nice a Diamond necklace.

The brown gala look is all right. Crown Princess Mary decided to play it safe.

I think the dark brown dress is very elegant, I especially like the jeweled waist, and the gather of the top.

rubies said:
I was thinking it was worn in Greenland with a strange headband and a crochet shawl but I will have to check.

Nope :) That was a different Dress :) the Dress from tonight has First been worn at a private Event for soldiers :)

I usually like Mary in browns but this one is underwhelming, though she looks lovely otherwise.

Last edited:
Mary looks really pretty this evening but I myself am not fond of brown in general. A great color and this dress would be so much better. :flowers:

Pretty style, but should have been in a better color. It's not one of her "wow" looks; very understated.

I agree with your evaluation here. I love the style of the dress, but the color is a little dull. I think it would have been stunning in a dark jewel tone (sapphire, perhaps).

Princess Mary Looks Beautiful & Elegant as always , Prince Frederick Looks Nice Too , Thank you For Posting All .

I also find this to be a terrabily chic look. Even though a few have mentioned that she is slim but not thn, only a very slim woman could war such a draped, from the rear, and gathered dress. Also, she is able to wear strapless without the slouch which often accompanies the look, no bulges or droops.

I find this to be a very elegant and understated look and I love it. There is no need to be always WOW... Sometimes less is more.

Mary looks good but has looked better. Top part is too plain for me, no jewelry with a strapless dress is just too boring for me. She could've gotten away with her hair being left open and styled nicely, maybe soft curls have pulled back.

I'd have much rather seen Mary wear the divine burgandy off the shoulder evening dress which was worn to the NSW State Dinner at Government House in 2005. For the life of me, I cannot understand why the Crown Princess has not worn it since.

It really is a stunning garment.

Last edited:
Has she woren the dress before? and is a brooch or part of the dress?

Has she woren the dress before? and is a brooch or part of the dress?
Yes at least once; at an evening event at the royal shooting society if I remember correctly. I would guess that the brooch is part of the dress but I don't know.
But the brooch is the reason why it is right not to wear a necklace as well. It would have ruined the clean lines of the outfit IMO.

Yes at least once; at an evening event at the royal shooting society if I remember correctly. I would guess that the brooch is part of the dress but I don't know.
But the brooch is the reason why it is right not to wear a necklace as well. It would have ruined the clean lines of the outfit IMO.

Spot on UserDane! It was at the royal shooting society for an Australian event.

I'd have much rather seen Mary wear the divine burgandy off the shoulder evening dress which was worn to the NSW State Dinner at Government House in 2005. For the life of me, I cannot understand why the Crown Princess has not worn it since.

It really is a stunning garment.
That was indeed a WOW dress and I too wonder why she never wore it again. Perhaps she didn't feel comfortable in it?
Anyhow, I think it would have been inappropriate for a rather low-key event in honour of foreign royals.

:previous: I don't ;) it's a perfectly respectable evening dress and was already worn to an official function. Are you suggesting my dear ricarda that it's respectable enough to have worn it in the company of HM Queen Elizabeth's state representative, HE the Governor of NSW, but that it wouldn't have been respectable enough to have worn it in the equated company of TRH the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall?

Not that it really matters, of course. It wasn't worn and that's that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom