Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 8: July 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the color of her dress but for some reason its not flattering. I think there is too much fabric which makes her look a bit wider than she is. The style is nothing special, its seen before and will be seen again in the future.

Love this gorgeous dress. It would be very simple for an experienced seamstress to alter the dress worn to Victorias wedding. the colour is very flattering as is the waistline.

I like the dress Mary looks like great.

I have to admit, I like this incarnation much better than the "Wedding" version. Somehow the lace version seemed overly prissy and fussy and this version is much more classic "Mary".

Nice dress, but nothing special. I've impression that I saw many similar dress among the royals. Color is nice as well jewelery. Mary should care more about her skin visible dry in some pictures, sun is dangerous especially for women with pale skin like her.

If only it were a more attractive colour. Fairly mediocre, like something someone would wear to a school prom.

I agree that the dress itself is nothing special. But that is part of the equation that adds up to an overall stunning look. Simple gown, minimal but interesting jewelry and subdued makeup and hair. She's not unattractive nor is she a raving beauty, just a normal, pretty woman. Maybe Mary has finally realized the power of "less is more". IMO this is one of the best looks she has ever presented. So much better than at Victoria's wedding...a total disaster on all levels. THIS is classic and elegant. Bravo!

Nice dress, but nothing special. I've impression that I saw many similar dress among the royals. Color is nice as well jewelery. Mary should care more about her skin visible dry in some pictures, sun is dangerous especially for women with pale skin like her.
Can you show what pictures you mean where you can see dry skin?

yes, here

BB

first and second close-ups

dry skin and bad make-up products for me

for me these pictures looks photoshoped, with much better light (for skin)

agami.pearl said:
yes, here

BB

first and second close-ups

dry skin and bad make-up products for me

No dry skin!!!!beautiful glowing skin !!!

Different people, different opinions. Everyone is entitled to his point of view.

for me these pictures looks photoshoped, with much better light (for skin)
Yes, the newscom photographs seem very much photoshopped, not a wrinkle or a sag in sight compared to the Bille Bladet shots taken the same moment. Nice to see non-photoshopped close ups for a change, thank you for pointing it out.

I think that the problem is 'invention' of the photographers. Very rare are 'au naturel' pictures without additional light or photoshop. Mary's skin in Denmark looks ok, even without make-up, but Australian climate is different and such a change can be visible on her face, especially without suitable make-up products (heavier for Denmark, lighter for Australia)

The photographs do not appear to have been photoshopped to me.

The Billed Bladet photo's were taken without flash. That is clearly identifiable by the shaddow that can be seen behind the Crown Princely couple. Capturing the different shades and angles of shaddow as a result of other photographers using flash, but the subject themselves remain untouched as the BB photographer was not using it.

The rest were taken with flash which always softens the subject and equalises any perceived physical lines. And you'll note that the shaddow behind Mary in these photographs is almost barely recognisable.

Last edited:
I dont think Mary has good skin as all. There are lots of pics out there that show some damage.To me it looks that she has tampered with it a lot (peelings etc) and maybe her genes just arent good. She has a recent tendency to very heavy make up what doesnt make it any better. Skin eventually doesnt lie, but hey, nobody is perfect. 4 kids certainly do not make people look younger, Mary as public person HAS to look good hence various treatments, make up on a constant basis, flying across the globe, everything comes at a price.

I too think Mary is looking perhaps not as refreshed as she was some 18 months ago, but the woman's also nearly 40 and it's natural that a few lines should start to appear. I occasionally have to remind myself that she is no longer the 32 year old she was when she wed, and add to that four children and a high pressured lifestyle (however cosy some people would prefer to describe it as, it is still highly demanding).

Mary as public person HAS to look good hence various treatments, make up on a constant basis, flying across the globe, everything comes at a price.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. It all comes at a price.

Though I still think she looks fabulous, be it with a maturing appearance.

Last edited:
I think all this photos have a lot of photoshop! specially under the eyes! I still think she looks great but I elive it is some retuch in all this photos and diferent lighting too

Her skin is damaged by the sun (she lived for many years in Australia) and now after many cosmetic treatments (especially peelings) she must be more careful. But compared to 11 years younger Kate, Mary looks really good.

Time to get back to the topic of this thread - skin problems and photoshopping are no real fashion topics - thanks!

I think Mary still looks amazing and I love her earrings

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so in love with this dress and her loooks, the earings stunning! wonder who made this dress any one knows? from all the CP i think this is the only one who i would love to see her closet! wouldnt mind to try some of her dresses

Mary looked stunning in that dress!

Mary wore a repeated but modified gown at the New Year's reception:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Even though I do prefer the original version,I thought she looked great! I love the color and the jewels.

Very nice. Such a regal look for Mary!

There would have been a lot of (wasted) fine velvet in that dress if it were not modified and reworn...

Very pretty! I love the jewels in her hair. I first posted they were from a brooch, but I see in another post that they are part of the tiara.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom