Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 5: September 2009 - January 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2009 - P.Mary attending a concert in a new printed dress with black stockings.
The dress itself is quite nice but I think its too casual for a concert evening
and the black stockings do nothing to make it dressier, makes the apperance to dark.

Close Up ** Full View 1 ** Full View 2

Beautiful dress!Not too dark for me,there's a good balance between black & white and dark red,imo.

I like the cut of the dress, but I don't care for the print. It is too busy, and the neckline is kind of strange. Perhaps it might have looked better with a boat-neck. I don't like the black stockings.

A short flimsy dress with black stockings, too casual for duty. Is this a new trend? If yes, not for me. Royals should not follow the latest fashion in any case, like celebrities do or look like the average girl on a night out.

Oct 10, 2009 - P.Mary attending a concert in a new printed dress with black stockings.
and the black stockings do nothing to make it dressier, makes the apperance to dark.

I like the outfit, but it isn't suitable for this kind of engagement. :)

I think the dress is very interesting, even original.:previous:
I agree with Dazzling, it's not the suitable for a concert evening, for such cases it needs to wear something more formal.

I agree Duke of Marmalade that the dress is way too casual even if the event was a casual affair. The dress is nice for the beach.

What a horrible, horrible outfit!! Everything is awful....everything! The pattern, the stockings, the length of the dress! OMG, Mary why did you do this??? :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

I'm not very fond of this dress either!

Hmmm, I'm not sure of this dress. Neckline is weird. Colors look beautiful on her but this seems like a day dress to me also. Black stockings I just can't get used to especially when your legs are fantastic like Princess Mary's.

In trying to stay positive, At least the outfit is not solid black or grey, as most of her fashion has been for the last couple of weeks.....other than that, I can find no other compliments.

What a horrible, horrible outfit!! Everything is awful....everything! The pattern, the stockings, the length of the dress! OMG, Mary why did you do this??? :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
I never thought I would dislike everything about an outfit that Mary wore but OMG! It is all truely awful and worse, inappropriate for an evening event like this. :ohmy:

Well, I like this dress, though I´m not very fond of the neck line. Maybe it looks too casual for the event because of its lenght (it´s too short for an official event, IMO) and the black tights. For a casual engagement it would be fantastic.

IMO one of the worst I've seen on Mary. The outfit is to busy. Is it still warm enough in Denmark that Mary is out without a coat?

I'm not fond of the print nor the neckline. But I think the dress is suitable for her engagement.

It funny, another poster wrote they were glad that she didn't wear black or grey. Honestly, I wish she'd wear more black or grey! I think it looks so chic on her. I'm not fond of about half the prints she wears or many of her pink outfits. But I'm sure some one would disagree!

I liked this particular dress because it was a "cool" change.A colorful "light" dress that reminds me of Missoni's dresses and knitwear.Maybe not for this occasion or combined with these black stockings,but it's definitely not an ugly dress.

Dress from Gucci Fall 2008 RTW:
Gucci Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com

Also worn in 2008 by actresses Charlize Theron and Becki Newton:
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/mary/gucci/charlizevbecki.jpg

I have to agree with MelinaB. The dress is bohemian and chic, but not a good choice at this event. And, I quite liked the dress better on Charlize & Becki without the dark tights.

Official State visit to Vietnam.

Day 1.

"Sunday, 1st November 2009-Dinner(reception) at the Danish Embassy hosted by the Danish Ambassador to Vietnam in Hanoi."

Does anyone know whether the high collared sleeveless purple coloured dress CPss Mary is wearing is new and who the designer might be?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you,
EaO.

:flowers:

This is Dazzling's link, and I do not recognise it, so I'd say that the odds of it being new are good.

Wonderful dress!! That kind of dresses really suits Mary, IMO.:flowers:
I don´t like the shoes, though.

The shoes are indeed far too heavy for the dress. The dress itself may be pretty enough, but has the Asian-style kind of collar which really only works well when the hair is put up.

I don't like the colour of the shoes, I think - from what I've seen - it doesn't suit well to the dresses colours. Black shoes would have looked better JMO, nice dress though.

I like this color purple on CP Mary of Denmark. The Mandarin collar, and Asian-inspired styling of the dress is a sensitive design touch for the visit to Vietnam. The shoe style seems fine to me. However IMO, the shoe color does not photograph as being the same as the dress color....

I love the dress. Can't see the shoes very well, but they seem ok. She looks very pretty!

Lovely dress with beautiful patterns. The shoes ruin the whole look, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom