Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 3: January 2009 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown princess is absolutely gorgeous with that new dress!!!
They are such a beautiful couple!!

The style of the dress is beautiful, but the fabric is horrid!:eek:

I really love the dress, she looks stunning. Mary is just so elegant and beautiful she looks great in most of what she wears.

The New York dress is nice but there are a couple of dresses in her wardrobe which she has only worn once and i would like to her wear them again (red dress from Australia, black dress from Australia, flower print dress from luxembourg etc) I really dont her hair with this dress though and im glad she kept her jewellery very simple

dress

Last edited:
this is definitely something new for mary! not really the kind of dress we are used to see on her. it's not my favourite of hers, but i like it! my only complaint is that the danish condecoration gets extremely lost in such a colourful dress, which is a shame.

it's nice to see how she suited her style and her hair-do to the likes of america this time. it's definitely not a very danish style or a european style, so i'm sure she made the effort to blend better with the people who were going to be in the meeting.

the cut of the dress is actually very similar to a brown one she has!

The New York dress is nice but there are a couple pf dresses in her wardrobe which she has only worn once and i would like to her wear them again (red dress from Australia, black dress from Australia, flower print dress from luxembourg etc) I really dont her hair with this dress though and im glad she kept her jewellery very simple

dress

I usually dislike the prints she wears but I relly like this.

at the end of the photo i can see a model useing it ,, which designer is? i love the dress, diferent

at the end of the photo i can see a model useing it ,, which designer is? i love the dress, diferent

Acrroding to website it is by Heartmade 2009 but the Danish Royal Watchers suggest it is a Malene Birger gown - my guess is it is Heartmade

I think it was a very riscy choice with the very bold fabric, and I also think that it would have looked unflattering on a little of people but somehow it just works on Mary ! As for Makeup, hair and jewels, she did well ! But I'd give her a B+ for this outfit. ;)

The dress is average, but I do like the cut of it. Her hair on the other hand, :nonono:... not very flattering. She has a long face and with that poofy hair in front does nothing for her; in fact it makes her face look even longer.

Overall, the ensembles she has worn on this trip has been quite nice. Thumbs up... except for this evening gown.

I'm not a big fan of the print of the dress, but I think that it fits Mary very well. I would also have preferred for her to have worn her hair up or least in a different style. It seems puffy and messy.

the cut of the dress is actually very similar to a brown one she has!

That it is. A sort of mocha brown if I recall correctly...and worn to an Australian event hosted in Copenhagen last year.

The dress looks pretty & it suits for her. The earrings look lovely,too. I just don't like her hair.

Normally I wouldn't care for fabric like this, but this works for Mary. It's bold, flirty and fun. As for her hair, a serious, formal hairstyle would spoil the look completely. This is an outfit that just wants to have fun. Mary has a wonderful figure, and having her dark hair hanging down frames those lovely shoulders.

The only thing I like about the dress in question is that it is perfectly tailored to fit Crown Princess Mary's figure. Prints/patterns are in vogue. So it is not suprising that Princesses choose to wear dress with prints/pattterns. I do not like her hairstyle, which looked unpolished to me.

It looks really gorgeous on her love her hair and it shows that figure she works really to maintain. I really like her hair as well wonder what shoes she is wearing.

Yes you are quite right Madame Royale there were not that many photos of that evening and the CPM board has one but not sure if I can move them ... well stopped though.

Indeed, the print (and I am no fan of large prints in general) is lovely, and its varying patterns are very well placed within the dress.
The tailoring is actually rather formal, which makes a very nice contrast to the bold fabric, and the fit is exqusite - like the proverbial glove. Good detailing on the bodice, nice flow of the flaring train too. Beautiful.
Her hair went completely wrong. The very last thing to choose with this busy dress is a fussy hairstyle. Sleek, simple and straight, preferrably a nice low bun in the neck, and the overall look would have been perfect. The wavy styling doesn't work in itself either, it's shabbily done.

i think the clutch bag didnt really suit the dress. a smaller one would have been better

First I think Mary looks so elegant and refined in the official pictures that I was practically speechless.. Secondly, the dress for the New York event was quite modern and, along with her hair and jewels, I liked it. I think it was a bold choice and applaud her for it!

I like Mary's printed dress, although I think she wore better dresses. Yes, printed outfits are in vogue right now, and I like that Mary follows fashion. She manages to be classy and fashionable in the same time.:flowers:
IMO that this printed dress looks much better on Mary than it looked on a model.:lol: Seems Mary made some changes to the dress, e.g. black stripe in waist area is much thinner in Mary's dress. I also quite like Mary's hairdo, but again she had better hairdos.

Believe it or not, I actually like the dress & the hair. Very fresh and a little bohemian. I adore this look on her. The dress is fitted wonderfully and she didn't over do it with the make up.

I agree, princess gertrude. No other woman would wear this dress like Mary does. I think this dress looks nice only because CP Mary is wearing it. When I looked at the same dress on fashion model, it seemed just average.

i think the cut of the the dress is very nice, i am not crazy about the print but mary has such a lovely figure that what ever she use looks good on her, some time i wonder if she has underneath any kind of body shape? she is very thin bu still the shape is amazing and sometime if you use one of this things, (sorry i don't remeber the name) can make you to look better shape even!

i think the cut of the the dress is very nice, i am not crazy about the print but mary has such a lovely figure that what ever she use looks good on her, some time i wonder if she has underneath any kind of body shape? she is very thin bu still the shape is amazing and sometime if you use one of this things, (sorry i don't remeber the name) can make you to look better shape even!

you mean like a girdle?

I'm not a fan of prints on anyone, I just don't really like prints especially bold colored ones. The cut is very nice though, perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom