Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 11: October 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 11 of the thread for Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 10: May 2012 - October 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

that´s just the angle of photography..migbt be that one pic was taken while the photographer was holdign the cam high...that changes looks soo easyly

Last edited by a moderator:
The look (her) is very cultured, safe and classic. Black is just black and not much to say about that.

The "stumpy legs" photo was taken from above, so this is probably an angle issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Has anyone else noticed the proliferation of photos snapped from a high angle making everyone's head and shoulders look overlarge and almost cartoonish?

High angle or tall photographer? I have a personal anecdote about this, my husband is 6'5" and I am 5'7"...he took a photo of me once that was from this 'high angle' and I said to him, 'What the hell were you standing on when you took that picture?' It seems he was merely standing on his own two feet ;) I say sack the giant photographer, he's making people look bad :)

if the photographer was in second row and there was tumult as it often is..he/she had no other chance than rasing the cm up and bursting shots...well not really a fashion topic...oh she looked beautiful..to me - like her dress (now it is)

cheers
nylonluva

Crown Princess Mary yesterday evening at an event in St. Petersburg, Russia, looking lovely in a black dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Shoes **

Thats a recycled dress I think. Not bad at all though the open hair doesn't work well with the detailing around the neck.
The shoes and clutch are very pretty and very elegant.

:previous: ITA. The look is very plain, as the only interest is the great earrings and tucking on the neckline, the hair covering all renders it dull.

Crown Princess Mary yesterday evening at an event in St. Petersburg, Russia, looking lovely in a black dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Shoes **

Love the shoes. However, the dress is about as boring as one can get. If someone at that event was hoping to see a princess, they must have been very disappointed.

Love the outfit. Great shoes. It was a nice detail.

Very classic and elegant dress. Love the shoes too.

I really like the black dress. Elegant indeed.

The black death is very beautiful and I absolutely adore the shoes.
Mary has consistently looked very elegant during the Russian tour.

Its hard to go wrong with a little black dress, love the shoes!

Very elegant dress and lovely hairstyle. I don't like the shoes though.

There is a logo on the shoes but I can't make it out. But Prada is always a good guess as far as Mary is concerned.

Judging by the top part, it must be a wonderful gown! Lovely shade of red, too!

What a shame, that - it seems - there is no full pic of CP Mary in her dress.... would loooove to see it
Bye Bine

I think there are too much red and too busy when I see the photo of the upper body of Mary. I still can't judge the dress as no full pictures are provided. But I think it will be much more better to the whole image if she wears her wedding tiara to match the red gown. For me, it is too complicated to wear different shades of red from head to toe in the whole outfit(I hope she wont wear a pair of red shoes) as red is really a very strong colour and not everyone can pull it off well. I also agree that the neckline of the dress goes not match with her beautiful necklace. Moreover, the hairstyle is a bit old fashioned to Mary, it makes me remembering Rania always did with a very high hair band.

The hairstyle is plain awful, she looks like an alien. It ages her a lot, too.
I´ve seen a photo of the dress on a model in the catwalk and is quite nice, I would love to see a full view of Mary in it to judge, but I guess we won´t have it :sad:
From what we can see, I think that the bodice looks too tight on her, and the necklace looks wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom