The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 6: November - December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see what Jaime Peñafiel is going to say... :D
I can imagine... he is going to bomb the Royal House with criticism...

Im completely agree with you Ariel..

...JuAnItA... said:
I can't wait to see what Jaime Peñafiel is going to say... :D
I can imagine... he is going to bomb the Royal House with criticism...

hahaha... i can only imagine that!
well, they way i see it, the SRF has to do some damage control on early 2006, possibly on Infanta Leonor's christening by providing "real" photo this time. :D :D
but, i like the individual family's pictures so much.. they look great. :) ;)

The cards are just wonderful except the failed one of the Kings and the children... It looks really a bit weird, I agree. Next year they really have to choose a better picture or another director who knows how to do it exactly ;)
All in all I can't say which is my favorite, they are all special.

What sillier polemic, one notices that we begin the vacations and there is no news. Or probably what they want is to provoke that the Royal Family does a photo to herself the day of Christmas Eve, to have more images ... with the journalists it is never known. :p

Yes it is silly and journalists can use it just to criticize. The problem is they could avoid it by doing a real photo. A photoshopped one cant be considered to send a christmas card from a royal family, that is weird. Another family who did it was the greek one but at least they ar not a reigning one. People expect real pictures because they can do their own photoshopped thing. They want to see people together and happy and if they cant get together, they could have used something different. I can imagine someone from the royal house having this idea like a great solution but now...Im sure they wont do it anymore.

I think that if they tried to fool people, they shot themselves in the foot. If they thought people are stupid and were not going to realize what they had done, they were dreaming. I would not be surprised if Leonor was a look-alike doll!! Ha, ha.

there's a big controversy about the fake card in spain. i was surprised that even the proper and serious newspapers and tv-programs were talking about it. felipe, letizia, and leonor's seems to be real, though.

Elsa M. said:

thanks for the video, Elsa!
i really want to laugh :D :D watching the video.
you can never know how detail spanish press can get until you watch this video.
i honestly think, the SRF has to do some damage control.. really soon...

feeding the press with this "fake photo" thing just when there's few news circulating is kinda ridiculous... :eek: :eek:

http://www.hola.com/moda/actualidad/2005/12/21/resultado_elegante1/

The Princess of Asturias third in the popular survey of the elegance of magazine Hola, the Infanta Elena 5ª and the Infanta Cristina 7ª

(...)

And in third position, the princess of Asturias, with only a difference vote opposite to the fourth one, a woman who looks out of the first time to the lists, Anne Igartiburu. Dona Letizia, in spite of her recent maternity, has convinced our readers in her public appearances, which have considered that dona Letizia has an own style. If her name began to show discreetly in the lists of last years (after her commitment with the prince of Asturias, in November, 2003), she had never reached such a high position.
(...)

Since dona Elena (other one of the classic ones of our list) places in a fifth square. Her sister, the infanta Cristina, who has harvested many praises for her style in the last times, has stayed in the seventh square,
(...)

The magic of the elegance that there seems to have conquered definitively our princess of Asturias, the third one classified of this year (though Anne Igartiburu, in her better professional moment for the success of the program ' there looks the one who dances! ', she goes to the rear for only a point, in order that you see if it is not true when we say to them that vote is decisive). Dona Letizia has could gain the favor of our readers, choosing carefully her wardrobe in every occasion, knowing that all the looks were fixed in her and knowing in advance, since well it the infanta Elena and the infanta Cristina know (both included in this list), which to turn into ambassadors of the mode of Spain is a point to favor to the eyes of the participants in this voting.

Dona Letizia, an own style

IF she started her ' putting of length ' as fiancé of the prince Felipe with a suit white trousers ivory of Giorgio Armani, dona Letizia has turned her look towards the mode of Spain, emulating her sisters-in-law in this effort for showing to the world the art of our land. Because of it she has chosen for the big occasions irreproachable models of Felipe Varela, Lorenzo Caprile, Adolfo Domínguez or Miguel Palacio.
All this effort for being an ambassador of the mode has cost her that expert define her style as " as elegant, sober, classic and lover of the Spanish design ". Dona Letizia has showed her predilection for the suits of skirt or trousers, with waisted jackets that she the same ciñe with belts. She does not resign the pauldrons, which they help to declare her feminine silhouette. On the other hand, she does not resign the alive tones, without fear of the yellow ones or of the red ones, though her predilection seems to go towards the neutral tones. That is to say, she also signs the guideline of which for every circumstance, her model, and that the elegance does not know of excesses.

Happy Easters and New Year

I was reading that article from Clarin and they said that the card signed by the King and Queen says: "Happy Easters and New Year":confused:
I'm getting more confused...

saphills said:
I was reading that article from Clarin and they said that the card signed by the King and Queen says: "Happy Easters and New Year":confused:
I'm getting more confused...
Saphillis, Pascua in Spanish means Passover. That's why the word is used both in the arrival of the new year and during Easter (when we celebrate Christ ressurection).

is it a spanish tradition? in Argentina we don't say "Felices Pascuas" in December

I don't know if it's just in Spain or not. What I can say is that this is the reason why the commemoration that takes place each year on January 6th is called the Pascua Militar (the military passover).

In Spain, Christmas is also congratulated with "Felices Pascuas", and the traditional flower of Christmas is the Flower of "Pascua". The Military "Pascua" is celebrated on January 6 day of the Epiphany, because of it it is called "Pascua".

http://www.rae.es/

PASCUA

2. F. In the catholic Church, solemn holiday of the Resurrection of the Christ, who is celebrated on Sunday following the moon later to March 20. It ranges between March 22 and April 25.

3. F. Each of the formalities of the birth of Christ, of the recognition and adoration of the Magi and of the coming of the Holy Spirit on the Apostolic College.

PASCUAS

4. f.pl. Tiempo desde la Natividad de Nuestro Señor Jesucristo hasta el día de Reyes inclusive.

Time from the Nativity of Our Jesus Christ up to the Epiphany inclusive.

FLOWER OF PASCUA

Attachments

• 858336713146.jpg
    858336713146.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/Articulo.aspx?IdArticulo=5658

Christmas in the Zarzuela: the Kings have predicted a very "familiar" plan, in which figure not to ski in Baqueira Beret

The Zarzuela - the program of celebration of this Christmas for the Kings, who in principle will be calm and with a very "familiar" component.

According to collected by the Confidential Digitalis, the celebrations navideñas of this year will have that familiar character, without hardly official exits nor displacements, also considering that the princes of Asturias will remain most of the time in their residence in the enclosure of the Zarzuela.

In agreement with those information, in principle the traditional displacement to Baqueira Beret (Pyrenean Catalan) in the dates of year end is not predicted, during which, sometimes previous, the Kings enjoyed ski days. The circumstance that occurs those visits later caused showy concentrations of politicians and personages of the social life in the winter sports resort.

Something similar, is to say tranquillity, have considered the princes of Asturias, whom also they have almost discarded those days in Baqueira, due to the attention that requires its daughter infant Leonor, who has only a month and means.

Juan Carlos head is copy and pasted, Victoria doesn't have arms, the King doesn't have legs, Froilan have a highlighted tuft now, the poinsettias aren't there, Leonor is on levitation state on Sofia's arms and Irene, poor Irene, she looks so fake as a cheap plastic doll. Don't tell me they can't get together as any other family and get a decent picture, they all were together on the 30th Aniversary of the King, the only thing Cristina has to do is bring the kids to Madrid since she's always between Madrid and Barcelona, the rest of the family is already on Madrid. Letizia and Felipe live really close, it would have been nice a real picture at least with those two and the King and Queen and Leonor. Anything except this horror of a card. If everybody is laughing about them and the worse graphic designer on Spain it is their own and only fault. This time they don't have any excuse, they are rich, they have time, the Lugos have the time to live between Paris, NY and Madrid, the Urdangarin take their kids to every sport gathering no matter in what part of Spain or even the world, Sofia travels a lot to England on private and to see her greek family, the King have plenty of time to spend haunting bears, her favorite sport, shame on him, Letizia and Felipe are steps away, so they have plenty of time to get together as a family. If you can't do it right just don't do it.

Last edited:
This article is antiquated enough, because for years the Kings do not go to Baqueira, equally for 5 years, almost since they are grandparents, because I only remember an end of year with Froilán there. Already they have become old to be going to ski.

it must be a totally slow day for the press for this news to travel far to russian press, see http://newsfromrussia.com/world/2005/12/24/70442.html

Spain's Royal Family uses digitally manipulated photo fro Christmas Card
00:15 2005-12-24
Spain's royal family _ too busy to organize a photo shoot _ used a digitally manipulated montage for its Christmas greeting card, the palace confirmed Friday.
The photograph shows
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sophia sitting on a sofa surrounded by their seven grandchildren.
A lush, summery garden _ hardly a winter scene _ is visible through large picture windows. Two poinsettia plants, which are typical of Christmastime in Spain, seem to float on the carpet next to them.
"This is not photo manipulation, it is not a photograph of an official event _ it is merely a compilation used as a Christmas greeting," a royal household spokesman told The Associated Press.
It had been impossible to gather the grandchildren with the kings all at once, leading to the need to use earlier photographs, the spokesman said.
Newborn Princess Leonor did not leave the hospital till Nov. 7, and there appears to be no room for the king's legs in the final montage.
The spokesman said thousands of royal Christmas cards are posted annually, reports AP.

it looks soooo bad!

but the family cards are very nice

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one good point of all this: after this mess in media we can be quite sure that next year they will probably want to improve themselves and they will make a REAL photo, doesn't matter if Cristina's kids have time or not:D

The Kings and Princes de Asturias will spend the last days of the year in the Palace of the Zarzuela MADRID, 26 Dic. (EUROPE PRESS) -

The Kings, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía, as well as the Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, have predicted to spend next to Infant Leonor the last days of the year in the Palace of the Zarzuela, according to informed a spokesman into the Real House to Europe Press. Their Majestys do not have predicted to leave Madrid during the next weekend nor to happen, since they did other years, several days in Baqueira Beret to ski, an appointment that reunited to numerous political people in charge in the winter sports resort.
The mentioned spokesman needed that the monarch maintains an agenda of work for this week, although the only public act has been the hearing offered this morning to the chief of a main directorate of the International Monetary Fund (the IMF), Rodrigo Rato.

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20051226140214&tabID=1&ch=66

Ariel said:
Here it comes, Penafiel's article about christmas card:

http://www.estrelladigital.es/articulo.asp?sec=opi&fech=27/12/2005&name=penafiel

At least he is not supporting the nonsense opinion that Letizia had the idea.

"Some bad people in the kingdom say that Letizia isn't only Leonor's mom but crazy idea's too because of her knowledges about the computer."

Well, that's something that allows us to know that was our "dear" Peñafiel the one who wrote the article and not a nice Santa's goblin. :D

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia196.htm

This year’s Christmas card of the Kings was marked by controversy. Their Majestys appear in a pretty image along with their seven grandchildren, but what seems to be a familiar meeting, is a photomontage.
Sources of the Royal House said that "at no moment it was intended to deceive the Spaniards. It was not possible to conciliate the agendas and it's not concealed that we have resorted to a photo montage".

The truth is that the King and Queen were particularly deluded in appearing next to all their grandchildren in this years’ Christmas card, since two of them, Irene and Leonor, were born in 2005.

According to www.casareal.es

Next 6/01/2006

The Kings and the Prince of Asturias preside Military Passover

The Princess of Asturias will not be there :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom