Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 51: January - June 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing Paloma B. did well was to write 'rumors' based on hearsays (more of the internet rumors). How easy is the job ? :cool:. Even the paparazzi photographers deserve better respect than those gossip writers since the former at least work hard for their pictures. If she wanted real stories, why didn't she pack her bag and followed the Princes around the tourism forum, then she would have a lot more to write about.
It's very normal for lots of people not to drink alcohol in the morning. Letizia did nothing wrong by saying 'no, thanks', she didn't have to be pregnant to say so. Nobody at that Asturian booth felt offended or anything close to it.

The English only readers and the people on this forum does not need to believe that Paloma is just any journalist and an unethical one, because that's not true by any meaning, in fact a lot of great journalists critizise Letizia Ortiz, the easy way is to label them as "writers of rumors and hearsays". Allow me to say that's not true, Paloma Barrientos is a well respected journalist with a career to envy and among other things holds three Master Degrees: Journalism, Sociologist and Political Sciences.

Paloma Barrientos is a well respected journalist, at the point that when on the few occasions she had make a mistake (as a human) she always write an apology and tells the public the right version, she's one of the few that never write about a rumor or news at least she double or triple check the veracity of it, "contrastado" as we say in Spain, that's why her readers believe on her, she has won that trust.

If you don't want to believe Paloma Barrientos is your prerrogative but you dont know if people felt bad or not, at least you were on the Asturian stand at that very moment. Were you?.

A jouranlist writes gossips for the likes of National Enquirer (English equivalent) a great journalist LOL :lol:. Just because someone has degrees, it doesn't automatically qualify her a well respected professional. Those yellow press writers might have some fame, but they are hardly top journalists. Since Paloma B. already stated clearly in her article hearsays, no need for any apology this time. Since you mentioned her with so many degrees,still ends up being a gossip writer, not a famous political correspondent or a famous columnist on serious subjects for important newspapers or magazines, plus her partiality towards Felipe in many articles, now I can see even more clearly of her jealousy towards Letizia.
I had seen pictures and live footages people were laughing when Felipe was drinking and Letizia standing next to him. Just because Letizia is an Asturian, she has to drink alcohol in the morning ? I never drank alcohol in the morning myself. I seriously doubt the Asturians are so unreasonable.

Even though this is a thread about current events, I think it is very relevant to discuss the sources of comments and the slant that is given to particulars of an event. I have read articles written by the journalist that you mention and I find them shallow, misleading and ill-intended. It is not that fact that they criticize Letizia but the way in which any particulars are taken and are twisted in an ill-intended way.

Everything, absolutely everything can be taken and twisted in such a way, is that journalism? Ethical journalism? As a journalist, you report the facts period. You do not color, use innuendo, etc. You let the reader arrive at his/her own conclusions. One personal opinions are just that, personal opinions. That does not make them facts, solid journalism, even if one has a journalism degree. Do we compare tabloids with serious newspapers? They are simply not on the same league. One thing is to write something on a website and a very different one, having one's column published in a regional/national newspaper. Even then, one digs deeper, what is the paper's political position, etc. A journalist might have a journalism degree, many people have, but that does not make the pieces they write something trustworthy. When I look at a piece of news, I think sources. Where was this reported? By whom? Whe one follows coverage and repeatedly finds untruths, innuendo and twisting of facts, one learns to take what one reads by that media person with a grain of salt. At least that is what I do. The fact that something supports one's personal opinion of a situation or a person does not make it a fact or the reality.

Royals and the institution itself answer to the people. Letizia married into that institution and the Spanish Royal House has a say in what she does and how she does it. The fact that there is nothing else to criticize but how thin her arms are, how ugly her shoes are, how boring her outfits are, I find encouraging. She is doing her job and she is doing it well. She is the Princess of Asturias -some people like her, some people do not. Some people like the King, some do not. Some people like the Queen, some do not. Some people like the institution and some do not. It is just the way it is. People are entitled to their opinions. However, in every field there are opportunists. The fact that people need to twist and turn little things because they need to find something to criticize, to fill out space with Letizia's name so that it generates traffic to their site, I find understandable. She sells. And since the Royal House has not made her available to become a media commodity, some people use pedestrian criticism to make a sell anyway. My two cents.

We would like to remember to our members that this thread should stay on topic, and not trun it into a discussion about Letizia.

Thank you!:flowers:

she was really gorgeous last night!!!!!

They look great!
I love Letizia´s dress. She looks wonderful in those pics

Letizia looks beautiful! What was the event that she and Felipe were attending?

Letizia looks beautiful! What was the event that she and Felipe were attending?

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, assisted in Sabadell (near Barcelona), to the Conmemoration of 150 Anniversary of "Caixa Sabadell" (a bank)

Thanks Lula!!

Letizia need very little to be stunning. Do you know what is their next activity?​

February 9

Lunch with Her Excellence the President of the Nation Argentina, Lady Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Gala Dinner offered by Their Majesties the King and Queen in Honor of Her Excellence the President of the Nation Argentina, Lady Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner.
Royal Palace. Madrid

February 12

Inauguration of 28 International Fair of Contemporary Art (ARCOmadrid)
Fairground Park Juan Carlos I. Madrid

thanks for pics and information.
in purepeople photos it seems princess gets new earings,am i right?

Isn't it wrong to call Felipe Crown Prince?... his title is simply Prince, unlike his sisters that are Infantas of Spain. Just wondering---no biggie

Here in Spain there is an only prince, the Prince of Asturias, and his siblings, children and the others royals are Infantes of Spain. But I belive that call him "Crown Prince" is also correct. I´m not sure about that...:ermm:

Isn't it wrong to call Felipe Crown Prince?... his title is simply Prince, unlike his sisters that are Infantas of Spain. Just wondering---no biggie

Here in Spain there is an only prince, the Prince of Asturias, and his siblings, children and the others royals are Infantes of Spain. But I belive that call him "Crown Prince" is also correct. I´m not sure about that...:ermm:

I don't think there is anything wrong in referring to Felipe as crown prince because he is, after all, next to the crown. The term Crown Prince is usually used by the media or other entities to refer to the heir to the throne in more generic terms. That would be an easier system for the foreign press I assume, and I believe the Spanish royal house doesn't have a strict hold over them to make them follow their protocol to the letter.

If you look at photos and news articles about Elena and Cristina that are done by foreign news agencies, you'll find that they refer to the two as Princess sometimes, not Infanta.

If you look at photos and news articles about Elena and Cristina that are done by foreign news agencies, you'll find that they refer to the two as Princess sometimes, not Infanta.[/quote]

Yes, I know that. But actually they´re Infantas, not Princesses.
But it´s not important. Call them princes or infantes is just a Spanish tradition. In other country all them would be princes, so I think this title is correct for all them.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom