Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be rather unfair on Marie's part if they can't have at big wedding because of Joachim's previous marriage. If they want something smaller, they can have a fancy tiara wedding, but not invite too many guests. When it comes to other royals, they could invite only those they are close to or perhaps the younger generation. There are quite many royals of similar age as Joachim and Marie, in their thirties, and with children. If they were to bring their kids, that would make the cermony less formal and more intimate. And, ofcourse, that would meen playmates for Nikolai and Felix! Imagine them running around with Christian, Ingrid Alexandra, Sverre Magnus, Elisabeth, Gabriel, pss Alexia's kids and the other Greek children and so on!

I didn't mean to speculate this much.. I only hope they get the kind of wedding they want, and don't have to adjust their wishes because of other people's opinions of what's proper in this situation.
Marie sounded at the press conference like she wanted as small a wedding as possible, but acknowledged that a truly private one wouldn't be possible.

I am new and my english is bad, sorry...
I would like to know what the Danish think of Marie (since video scandal)...
What are their feelings? Is she appreciated or not?

Sorry, is there a video scandal about Marie?

Allegedly there is an inappropriate video of Marie and her ex-boyfriend made many years ago.

There is no solid evidence to back up the ex-boyfriends claim. Moreover, the issue has died down and so far no one in the Danish or French press has a desire to look further into it.

Essentially, it is a non-issue that isn't worth discussing.

:)

Where is Marie now?She hasn't been around since engagement! Strange!Maybe she will appear a new Marie, new hair, new clothes, new body!

Nobody knows where she is or what she is doing.

It has been confirmed that she quit her job at REInvest, so perhaps she's preparing for her new role in life -- as a Princess -- as well as preparing for her upcoming wedding.

Has they have lot of pressure and stress they become very thin just before the wedding so it is quite normal that she losses some weight before the wedding

Where is Marie now?She hasn't been around since engagement! Strange!Maybe she will appear a new Marie, new hair, new clothes, new body!

it's quite normal that we don't see her much. we didn't see mary much in her engagement period and she was going to be the crown princess: in just 7 official acts in fact. if we don't see marie much, it's just what's expected. don't worry: we will have lots of opportunities to see her as soon as she becomes princess.

on the topic about marie changing, i doubt we will see a new marie (or new body!). she might change clothes or style, just as it happened for mary, so we already have experience in this area and can expect something similar happening to marie. :rolleyes:

So we will see a new Marie! Maybe not a new body but yes a new Marie! I just cannot understand why she doesn't appear. Doesn't she go out anymore? Doesn't she visit Prince Joaquim anymore in Denmark? Doesn't she travel anymore form Switzerland to Denmark? Why people should change so mucht just because they became Princess? They should change their mentality, they should change their way to see the world, they should try to help make their country a better country but not change so mucht the way the were before becoming a Princess.

Well biboquinhas, since she will shortly be leaving all that she knows, and her home and her job, and all of the things that go along with it, she is probably spending the time taking care of the thigns that go along with that. Say, selling a house/car, packing, finishing up things for work before she leaves, saying goodbye to colleagues and friends..

Oh, right, and she has a wedding to plan.

So I imagine that her days are rather full, and she does not have time to go running about just to give the phtographers food for fodder.

The wedding date has been set now for Joachim and Marie - May 24 :flowers: TV 2 Kongelig - Joachim og Marie giftes 24. maj

According to this link, they will be married by Bishop Erik Normann Svendsen and there will be private celebrations afterwards on Schackenborg Castle.

This is also the wedding date of Joachim's maternal grandparents, King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid:flowers:

Last edited:
So we will see a new Marie! Maybe not a new body but yes a new Marie! I just cannot understand why she doesn't appear. Doesn't she go out anymore? Doesn't she visit Prince Joaquim anymore in Denmark? Doesn't she travel anymore form Switzerland to Denmark? Why people should change so mucht just because they became Princess? They should change their mentality, they should change their way to see the world, they should try to help make their country a better country but not change so mucht the way the were before becoming a Princess.
Just have a look into this thread, biboquinhas:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rrent-events-part-4-a-12764-6.html#post695850
Se og Hør just published pictures of the Crown Princely couple and Joachim& Marie.
According to them they spent the weekend together at Schackenborg castle.

All posts pertaining to Joachim and Marie's forthcoming wedding have been moved to the "Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier 24 May 2008" thread. Please continue the discussion in that thread.

Thanks,

Danish Moderation Team :flowers:

Not sure if this has been posted?

From Hello! magazine, Mary and Fred and Christian visiting Joachim & fiancee at Schackenborg, Joachim's manor farm.

Joachim's fiancée Marie gets to know her future in-laws

Am I the only one thinking that it's Marie who's the only one in the picture who looks like she belongs in the city, and not on a farm? Sorry but something about that strikes me as Joachim's caught himself another city girl...

It's so funny to see that the futire sisters in law are so similar in appearance!

I found this new in Billed-Bladet magazine.
Can some one tell us what it say?
Thaks.
22-11: Maries første job ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...
Paty, the article says that one of the first jobs Marie will have after the wedding will be together with QMII and prince Henrik, Frederik and Mary and hopefully also QMII's younger sisters and their husbands. The event is the 350th anniversary of the Danish Royal Guards. It will be a huge event held at the Bella Conference Center for up toward 10,000 guests. The remaining guests will all be persons who have done their military service with the Royal Guards :)

Lovely picture of the two sister in laws together! I hope we can get to see Mary and Marie working together and having some events together!That will be very nice!

I am very curious how this relationship will continue when Joachim and Marie are married. I have to say that I don't find them well matched at all (on the other hand I did not think that Joachim and Alex were a well matched couple either) and somehow I can't imagine that they share common interests etc that are so important for a successful life together. Don't get me wrong, I don't have the intention to bash Marie but when I think of this other thread "Would she have married him" my first intuition tells me no way. I know that the couple are only at the beginning of their public life and we'll get a much better idea of who Marie actually is and the way she presents herself in public in the next months but this is what comes to my mind when I look at them today. I hope I am wrong.

I am very curious how this relationship will continue when Joachim and Marie are married. I have to say that I don't find them well matched at all (on the other hand I did not think that Joachim and Alex were a well matched couple either) and somehow I can't imagine that they share common interests etc that are so important for a successful life together. Don't get me wrong, I don't have the intention to bash Marie but when I think of this other thread "Would she have married him" my first intuition tells me no way. I know that the couple are only at the beginning of their public life and we'll get a much better idea of who Marie actually is and the way she presents herself in public in the next months but this is what comes to my mind when I look at them today. I hope I am wrong.

Duke, I'm not quite understanding where you're coming from. Why don't you think they're well matched? It seems like you were saying that they were too different from each other. I agree that they are different, but I think that it's this difference that makes and will continue to make things different for them. Of course, I could be wrong. They could be horribly matched. I thought Joachim and Alexandra were a great match, but that turned out to be a mistake.

Duke, I'm not quite understanding where you're coming from. Why don't you think they're well matched? It seems like you were saying that they were too different from each other. I agree that they are different, but I think that it's this difference that makes and will continue to make things different for them. Of course, I could be wrong. They could be horribly matched. I thought Joachim and Alexandra were a great match, but that turned out to be a mistake.

It's just the impression I get when I look at them, she is young, lively, outgoing, looks like she wants to have some fun and experience things whilst Joachim is quite settled, living on his estate in Shackenborg where the days can get lonesome and boring and I am not sure Marie will enjoy that in the long term, in contrast to him. There was no offense meant, I could be wrong. I found Alex was always the stronger part in the relationship, very (probably too) mature, focused and committed in a positive sense; a shame it did not work out.
Will be interesting to see how things develop :flowers:

A therapist for couples/relationships says that Joachim and Marie haven't lived yet together, they don't really know each other well in their daily routine and Marie is literally buying the cat in the sack. She might be up to some unpleasant surprises e.g. finding out that life in Schackenborg isn't her thing.

I personally agree, I think the engagement came too early. Marie should have moved to Denmark and lived with Joachim first. And since she has - unlike Alexandra - given up her job already I really don't see why she is not going to live in DK before the wedding.

Well, I wish them the best and IMO she seems to match better with Joachim than Alexandra did but sometimes I really wonder whether Joachim isn't doing the same mistake he did the first time. Rushing into a marriage and then find out the person you chose doesn't really match with you. As someone else said before, if he really intends to live in Schackenborg permanently I have the feeling he has chosen the wrong woman again.:)

A therapist for couples/relationships says that Joachim and Marie haven't lived yet together, they don't really know each other well in their daily routine and Marie is literally buying the cat in the sack. She might be up to some unpleasant surprises e.g. finding out that life in Schackenborg isn't her thing.

I personally agree, I think the engagement came too early. Marie should have moved to Denmark and lived with Joachim first. And since she has - unlike Alexandra - given up her job already I really don't see why she is not going to live in DK before the wedding.

Well, I wish them the best and IMO she seems to match better with Joachim than Alexandra did but sometimes I really wonder whether Joachim isn't doing the same mistake he did the first time. Rushing into a marriage and then find out the person you chose doesn't really match with you. As someone else said before, if he really intends to live in Schackenborg permanently I have the feeling he has chosen the wrong woman again.:)

Can´t agree with you more, Ricarda.
I am also wondering why Marie doesn´t move to Denmark and live there before her wedding since she´s no more working. Isn´t it the best way to learn about a country and its language by living there? Not mention that she´s going to be this country´s princess! Is she afraid of something?!
On the other hand, Marie, like Alexandra, is also a cosmopolitan girl. I´m also sceptical about how much she will like her life in the rural Schakenborg. I also agree that Marie seems to match Joachim better than Alexandra. Alexandra is too serious for him, I think.

Perhaps Marie will travel with her Prince on Official Engagements as he does do several overseas engagements every year and her language skills will be an asset to Denmark. In that way she will get the big-city Royal life as well as the quiet country life

Can´t agree with you more, Ricarda.
I am also wondering why Marie doesn´t move to Denmark and live there before her wedding since she´s no more working. Isn´t it the best way to learn about a country and its language by living there? Not mention that she´s going to be this country´s princess! Is she afraid of something?!
On the other hand, Marie, like Alexandra, is also a cosmopolitan girl. I´m also sceptical about how much she will like her life in the rural Schakenborg. I also agree that Marie seems to match Joachim better than Alexandra. Alexandra is too serious for him, I think.

(If she had moved here, I think she would've stayed in Amalienborg to get the princess training, as the DRF do have certain standards as to living together before marriage. Gustav and Carina excepted.)
Just my impression, but as someone living in Denmark, I wouldn't want her to start out her time in Denmark with the ice-cold blowing winds of the winters in Copenhagen that partially kept Queen Maud from adapting to life as a Danish princess. What a bad first impression :ROFLMAO: Much better that she starts her life in Denmark in the nicer seasons of spring and summer, and gets used to the nicer sides of Southern Jutland before winter comes.

Quite a strange article as these days extensive research has shown that couples who live together pre-marriage are more likely to divorce.

Moreover, using this logic every Royal marriage should be doomed to fail!

But isn't interesting which stories are printed? It seems they really can't dig anything up about Marie except that she has a cousin called Frederic in Brussels. Now that's news!

As for Royal marriages and not moving in together before the wedding: there are still people who believe that it's fitting that a woman only moves into a home she is the new mistress of. That is: after the wedding. And why not. It is possible to make a marriage work if there is mutual respect - love is the little wonderful extra but a lot of people make do without it and lead a comfortable and harmonic life together. While others experience a kind of Amour Fou and live in hell. So, you never know.

As for not knowing how life in the countryside will be: it's not so hard to live in a castle in the countryside when you have an appartment in the capital as well. Plus Marie went to boarding school in the countryside (a lonely little place in the Alps) and did not seem to miss the lights of Paris or Geneva. With her life experiences she should be well able to make her own decisions and know if she could live in the country or not.

What I like is the fact that obviously both Frederick and Joachim have a circle of good friends who all have wifes who are not only partying but doing something with their lifes. So they are both used to such women and it shows in their choice of wifes.

For me it was big and not good surprise that Marie don't live in Denmark because for me it's very important that new princess will get to know her new counrty and will get some teaching too. But I really hope that she will move to Denmark soon but maybe I'm too much royalist in today world:).
Talking about wedding I must say that I expected little great ones despite that J&M are not future king and queen. Afterall have understand that in Denmark royal family hierarhcy and tradition are fixed and everything must be like it must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom