General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ekstra-Bladet must really be hurting for news. What a ridiculous story! Of course, I'm sure they neglected to discuss the fact that Joachim has stayed behind many times to act as regent while the other family members were attending events such as weddings.

It was easier when Queen Ingrid was still alive. Often she stayed home to act as Regent in the 90's and the others could attend. Joachim attended the first festivities of the Wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit and Frederik stayed home. The Joachim went home and Frederik attended the actual Wedding.
And he and Alexandra attended the Wedding of Edward and Sophie.

Princess Benedikte is also acting as regent* from time to other! The brothers can be abroad at the same time as long as their aunt can take
over.

* For those who are interested:
There are two different Danish words for this function
CP Frederik is acting as regent (only used for the heir apparent!)
Prince Joachim and Princess Benedikte are acting as rigsforstander
- lit. principal of the realm (or kingdom).

I suppose Joachim doesn't get a lot of foreign royal events since he stays home as a regent while his mother and older brother go to a royal gathering abroad. He didn't attend any crownprincely wedding, apart from the one of his brother, for example.

Well, that's the lot of the spare, isn't it? Protocol often relegates the likes of Prince Joachim to the back seat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Benedikte is also acting as regent* from time to other! The brothers can be abroad at the same time as long as their aunt can take
over.

* For those who are interested:
There are two different Danish words for this function
CP Frederik is acting as regent (only used for the heir apparent!)
Prince Joachim and Princess Benedikte are acting as rigsforstander
- lit. principal of the realm (or kingdom).

Yes i know but often Benedikte also attends this Events, like the norwegian Royal Wedding or the Wedding of Willem-Alexander and Máxima.

Well, that's the lot of the spare, isn't it? Protocol often relegates the likes of Prince Joachim to the back seat!

But others in the same position like him have attended more Events. For Example Infanta Cristina, Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent, Prince Constantijn, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine all attended the dutch, danish and spanish Crown Princely Weddings.

But others in the same position like him have attended more Events. For Example Infanta Cristina, Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent, Prince Constantijn, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine all attended the dutch, danish and spanish Crown Princely Weddings.
As far as I know it is only required in Denmark that one of them stays "behind", but in none the other monarchies.

Billed-Bladet has a story about Marie:

Billed-Bladet - Nu sparker babyen i Maries mave

It talks about how Marie can feel the baby kicking. She is experiencing some minor back pain, but she is very happy. It sounds like this interview was given during their recent ski trip to Switzerland.

Yes the interview was done during their trip in Switzerland.

They said the same thing about Mary and Alexandra. So it was only a matter of time before they started saying Mary and Marie dont like each other......i guess they must really need a story!

It's something that sells paper, whether true or not. Scandal and controversy always sell faster than rosy happiness. It's something to do with human nature. We always want to know that someone is having as difficult or worse a time than we are, or that those with everything don't actually have it as easy as we seem to think. Whatever the case may be, you can expect to see more of it in the coming months, as papers do what every other company is doing, and that is to do everything and anything that they can to boost their sales.

IMO, it seems like nothing more than speculation and a desire to sell more newspapers. I doubt that Mary and Marie are best friends, but they most likely don't hate each other either. Must be a slow day in the newsroom.

Princess Marie spend a few days alone in Geneve, in her old apartment after she and Prince Joachim and his two sons went home to Denmark after the skiing holiday in Villars-sur-Ollon. She enjoyed it, spend 3 hours in a beauty salon and Shopping. The last day she spend with her old friend Julie Mirabaud in her apartment, where Julie smoked a lot of cigarrets. Marie Trying on clothes

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4791/300398165.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2371/300398167.jpg

Link to gallery
http://img141.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=300398174.jpg

i loved seeing marie in her latest engagement, it definitely proves she is getting on well with her new role and her pregnancy. i'm also very glad she is now mastering danish. i also think she looked lovely with the trench and the hair updo.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2009/PPE09030588.jpg

i can't believe the papparazzi managed to take so many pictures with her not noticing at all!

She has been a quick learner before when it comes to the media - she may be a bit naive and a very friendly person, thus she got used by the media in the beginning but she has managed to find her own way to deal with it. Thus, i tend to think these are the last pictures we get to see from such an occassion. Remember that happened to Catherine Middleton once, too? And it happened only once! I bet Marie simply wasn't aware that paparazzi could steep so low and will check out boutiques and the discretion she has in them in future before trying on new things.

It seems like Marie was able to ignore the paparazzi while she was trying on clothes. I don't think that I would be able to do the same, whether I was a public figure or not. It is nice to hear that she was able to catch up with her old friends.

I was wondering if the couple had an official website like the crown prince couple has???

Is Klovn a tv show where the participants play jokes on each other? I viewed a translated version of this article, but it wasn't entirely clear what the show was about.

Well, it's fiction, Based on "real" experiences in two danish comedians life. Joachim thinks it's a great show, and therefore, he sits on a couch with Frank, Casper, and his best friend Oscar, to commentate on several of the episodes in the shows sixth season. :-D

Oh, and here's a little clip, just a teaser for the shows sixth season. :-D

Here is an article talking about Princess Marie and her mother:

Mor passer på prinsessen

I love the photo of Marie leaning on her mother. Very sweet!

I am very happy to see that Princess Marie's mother is in Denmark. She looks very happy with her mother.

Billed Bladet has an article about Prince Joachim's plans for his 40th birthday in June 2009:

Billed-Bladet - Prins Joachim holder stille 40-års dag

According to the article, Joachim does not have plans for a big celebration. He is mostly concerned with the baby's birth. When asked if he feels differently now that he is getting older, he stated that he feels like he needs more sleep.

Are they in Schackenborg now, waiting for the early signs of labor, or already in Copenhagen?

Acording to Danish Magazine Billed Bladet they are in Copenhaguen

As an experienced father, he no doubt knows that after the baby's birth, he is likely to get a little less sleep for a while !

Hoping for an easy delivery and the good news that there is a healthy addition to the royal family.

I was just going to post that sgl and then I saw you beat me to it!:ohmy:

I thought that her mother was staying in Denmark for the birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom