General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 9: May - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman in 29 and 36 picture looks like Princess Marie, doesn't she? :)
Somebody know is Prince Joachim there with his family?

The woman in 29 and 36 picture looks like Princess Marie, doesn't she? :)
Somebody know is Prince Joachim there with his family?

I doubt it is Marie. I would assume that Joachim is acting as regent as the Queen is in Greenland and Frederik is in France.

I doubt it is Marie. I would assume that Joachim is acting as regent as the Queen is in Greenland and Frederik is in France.
Joachim is not acting as rigsforstander.

Last edited:
There is no need for anybody to act as regent.
QMII is not traveling outside the kingdom. She is in Greenland.

Thanks for the correction, I thought even when in Greenland a regent was needed :ermm:my mistake.

I still doubt for some reason that is Marie, it doesn't look like her to me. COuld be one of the friends who are with the couple.

thank yo for the photos, I love to see them ,the kids look great and Isabella is soooo beautifulllll, Mary looks so different when she gets to dress up and make up! it is niceto see them doing the shopping like us and having a normal vacation like any of us1

I found these pictures very intrusive, particularly the super zoomed in ones on the patio. It looked like a private family vacation; I don't like those kind of shots.

I agree particularly the ones of the kids alone on the patio and the one where Isabella is looking straight at the camera as if someone has called out to her. They should at least be able to holiday with friends without this intrusion they are so accessible at other times surely they are allowed some private off limit moments.

Wow the twins have grown. Haven't been in here much of late, but from what I could see they look beautiful babies. Has Mary had some of her lovely hair cut - shame. ;)

I agree, that it is not ideal, that the paparazzi are shooting these pics, but then I am asking, why the CP family did not invite for a photoshoot at the first day of the holidays.
I is ages ago (at the baptism) that we have seen pics of the twins, so it is completely natural, that people are interested in the photos -- including me!
BYe Bine

Does the Queen need a regent when she is in Greenland?

This is the great conflict of interest with being a royal watcher...I liked the French holiday shots, although they were obtained questionably, the result is candid photos that show that Mary, Fred and family are only human, just people like us, enjoying the same pleasures as us, family, friends and sunshine...A fly on the wall as such...Those scheduled pre-holiday photo calls are good too BUT a little too staged, polished and tense, therefore not really real or giving us any indication of how they really live...and that is what I am more interested in, what happens behind closed doors...

So while you (collectively) can object until the cows come home, the fact is, we all still look/consume these images, therefore the image hunters keep hunting, the vicious cycle of a life lived under the public's gaze...I don't judge the image hunters because truth be told, I prefer the candid, personal images...they tell a more interesting story...So I am forever torn between desiring (the images) and detesting (their methods)...

AnnaNotherThing, I agreewith You, I would like to be a fly to see how it is really their private life!

Does the Queen need a regent when she is in Greenland?

Lilla has already been so kind and answered that question above, see post 127!

Greenland is a self-governing and autonomous part of the Kingdom of Denmark, so Queen
Margrethe does not need a representation during her Greenland journey, she is present
in the country herself :)

Even though I´m not too keen on "snatched" pictures, I also think they should have arranged a fotoshoot. After all everybody is wanting to see the twins and this only increases the will of the press to do pictures like that.

Normally I don't lile paparazzi photos, however I wonder how intrusive this photoseries really is.

Pics #1-4: Looks like paps pics. These pics could at least be borderline illegal according to Danish legislation, but this is France.

Pic #5: But in this picture Frederik is looking at the photographers, so he and the others appear to be aware of the photographers.

Pics #6-9: A public parking lot. They are fair game in such a place.

Pic #10: Frederik is aware of the photographer.

Pics #11-16: On a lane somewhere. judging from the quality of the pics, the photographer is fairly close.

Pisc #17 & 18: Lady and Frederik is again aware of the photographer. If they are walking on a path next to Cayz and the press is there on a public road, well....

And so on...

If M&F are aware that the photographers are around and the photographers are standing in the open :wave: and M&F don't object to having a few pics of them taken while they are on the terrace. What's the problem? The pics may be slightly annoying and perhaps a bit intrusive but M&F are hardly under siege.

I'm sure they are well aware of the rules by now: Don't walk around in buff outside and don't kick your dog outside either.

ADDED: I think M&F should consider "feeding the lions", as QMII puts it. They know the press will come, when they go on holiday to Cayz. There is an interest in that. (If in doubt just look at this forum.) So why not say: "Okay. we'll stroll through the town of Caix around 10.30. There will be a fifteen minuttes photosession at 13.00, where we will say a few words about basically nothing and at 15.20 we'll go for a walk around Chateau Cayz". That will at least give the press something to work with.
The Regent Couple used to do it, M&J do it and when Alexandra and her Martin were more interesting for the press, they did it.

Last edited:
Lilla has already been so kind and answered that question above, see post 127!

Greenland is a self-governing and autonomous part of the Kingdom of Denmark, so Queen
Margrethe does not need a representation during her Greenland journey, she is present
in the country herself :)

Thanks! I missed the previous answer.

ADDED: I think M&F should consider "feeding the lions", as QMII puts it. They know the press will come, when they go on holiday to Cayz.

The Regent Couple used to do it, M&J do it and when Alexandra and her Martin were more interesting for the press, they did it.

F&M seem to be much more private people than the other two couples.
Maybe they think that one photosession in July should be enough.

Last edited:
What a lovely, charming picture.... lovely children ..... an asset to the Danish people and their royals.

A new book about Princess Mary by Jim Lyngvild & Karen Seneca
Google Translate

Thanks Florencia :flowers:

Jim Lyngvild? Then this book will be positive towards Mary and probably written in a funny and slightly cheeky way and you can be sure her style is well covered.
Jim Lyngvild is 110 % gay and he knows a thing or two about style. I like him because he's not afraid of saying things outright.

ADDED: It will be published in October and it will NOT cost 240 UK Pounds - It will cost 240 DKK = 45 $ = 32 € = 28 £.

Last edited:
Thanks Florencia :flowers:

Jim Lyngvild? Then this book will be positive towards Mary and probably written in a funny and slightly cheeky way and you can be sure her style is well covered.
Jim Lyngvild is 110 % gay and he knows a thing or two about style. I like him because he's not afraid of saying things outright.
Me too :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Some cute photos of CP Frederik and Prince Christian :wub:
Christian og Frederik på Cayx - Her og Nu

What's that?!? A 2CV tractor?

Judging from Christian's expression, it's a cool ride. :cool:

Any idea if it would be available in english?

I doubt that. You can see more of the contents of this book on page 3 of this PDF file: http://www.politikensforlag.dk/uploaded/uploadshare/nyhedskatalog/Pol_Nyhedskatalog_3_2011.pdf

I suggest you mail Politiken's publishing house on this address: info@jppol.dk
And ask, or request an English edition.
If enough of you write, it may be published in English.

Last edited by a moderator:
:flowers:I love the DRF CP couple & family - they are so photogenic & the kids are so cute!
I wish them heaps of happiness & to their Danes as well:flowers:
xoxos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom