Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: November 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too cold to be outside??? Remember that scandianavian children are out of doors from the day they are born. They are taken for daily rides in their buggys and strollers. They take their naps in the buggy in a safe out door place. Scandinavians of all ages must be fairly sick before they spend a whole day indoors.

ziggy is back! ha ha
mary look happy in the cold

grevinnan said:
Too cold to be outside??? Remember that scandianavian children are out of doors from the day they are born. They are taken for daily rides in their buggys and strollers. They take their naps in the buggy in a safe out door place. Scandinavians of all ages must be fairly sick before they spend a whole day indoors.

I don't think you are talking about little Prince Christina. "They are taken for daily rides in strollers!!!No not little Christian who spends his time inside his warm and cosy home!!!!So yes it is a little cold outside to have a ride with him but....

Actually it is (was) an unusually warm January in Denmark and Northern Germany.
Meteorologically spoken that's the reason for the storms.
But it will become very cold again.

So it wasn't that cold on that day, it was just very windy.

It still fuzzles my brain (despite the non-seriousness of Hello polls) that Britney scored 38% of the votes, Mary having 40%. . .
How could she get that close to beating Mary in elegance??????
Fuzzle, fuzzle, fuzzle.........:wacko:

I agreed with you Ctejnoe...Britney Spears elegant in what world???????
I'm happy on Mary's score!!!

Ctejnoe said:
It still fuzzles my brain (despite the non-seriousness of Hello polls) that Britney scored 38% of the votes, Mary having 40%. . .

I am sorry I do think Mary is very elegant but I just can't take the poll seriously (or think it has any credibility) with Britney coming in as a close second as the most elegant....wt??!!

Ctejnoe said:
Yes, thinking the same thing. Mary is to me, clearly the most elegantly dressed princess in Europe currently, and consistently so. She at least deserves all these votes.

But Britney?! :lol::bang::wacko:

I agree I cannot and refuse to believe Britney would come close to any of the princesses in elegance after the recent pictures of her that have appeared in the press!:bang:
I was also wondering about something I read. I read on an internet profile that before she married frederik she had to agree to certain things such as changin her religion. But the thing that i was wondering about was that she also has to relinquish her rights to the couple's children in the event of a divorce? Would this mean that the custody of Christian and the new arrival would automatically go to their father?

Last edited:
crm2317 said:
I was also wondering about something I read. I read on an internet profile that before she married frederik she had to agree to certain things such as changin her religion. But the thing that i was wondering about was that she also has to relinquish her rights to the couple's children in the event of a divorce? Would this mean that the custody of Christian and the new arrival would automatically go to their father?
I don't think Mary had to change her religion; her own must be close to the lutheran faith in Denmark. Alexandra changed hers and was confirmed before the wedding as far as I remember.
As to custody of the children, I don't believe that Mary would lose that in the hopefully unlikely event of a divorce. Alexandra and Joachim today have joint custody of their children - but being who they are (heirs to the throne) neither mother would probably be allowed to take the children out of the country.
But isn't that the case for most of the royal couples with children? I don't suppose Maxima would be allowed to take her children - and heirs- with her to Argentina in case of a divorce either.

UserDane said:
I don't think Mary had to change her religion; her own must be close to the lutheran faith in Denmark. Alexandra changed hers and was confirmed before the wedding as far as I remember.
As to custody of the children, I don't believe that Mary would lose that in the hopefully unlikely event of a divorce. Alexandra and Joachim today have joint custody of their children - but being who they are (heirs to the throne) neither mother would probably be allowed to take the children out of the country.
But isn't that the case for most of the royal couples with children? I don't suppose Maxima would be allowed to take her children - and heirs- with her to Argentina in case of a divorce either.

Mary did become a Luthernan, as she was a Presbyterian before she married Frederik.

Sister Morphine said:
Mary did become a Luthernan, as she was a Presbyterian before she married Frederik.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if there was a formal switch. But she didn't have to be confirmed - the way Alexandra did - did she?

Lutheran and Anglican (Alex) are far more connected than Presbyterian and Lutheran so Mary should have done something surely to become a Lutheran.

Last edited:
juliana said:
These are not the first photos of Mary with her baby in cold weather and not the first time she has been out wearing gloves herself - obviously cold- and the baby has bare hands in the same freezing weather. He should have had mittens on. Take more care Mary :rolleyes:
Oh-perhaps we can send her some as a gift:flowers:

I think he keeps taking them off, as all one year olds do. They are usually pinned or attached to the bottom of his sleeves, so he doesn't keep losing them, Juliana.
Cheers.

Yeah babies sometimes just want to touch everything so maybe he wanted to touch the snow.

kaydura0717 said:
Yeah babies sometimes just want to touch everything so maybe he wanted to touch the snow.
Snow ???? Denmark has not been lucky having snow this year..It has been more windy indstaid and we have had abourt 5 storms just in january *stupid weather*. Next weeks forcast for Denmark says snow about Tuesday.

Confirmation isn't required to become Lutheran. Generally people do a membership "course" and have a service to confirm their new Lutheran faith.

UserDane said:
Thanks, I wasn't sure if there was a formal switch. But she didn't have to be confirmed - the way Alexandra did - did she?

suss 2 said:
I think he keeps taking them off, as all one year olds do. They are usually pinned or attached to the bottom of his sleeves, so he doesn't keep losing them, Juliana.
Cheers.
Living in Sydney Australia does not give you any experience with bringing up children in very cold weather- believe me:lol:.
Children might accidentally lose their mittens off their hands but they are usually attached to their jackets and Christian's never are. Mary does need some advice.
This advice comes from me, a mother with little ones living in a cold climate, -10 degrees right now and in fact no babies being taken for walks around here because of the windchill effect and the impact the cold weather would have on a little one's bare skin.

juliana said:
Lutheran and Anglican (Alex) are far more connected than Presbyterian and Lutheran so Mary should have done something surely to become a Lutheran.
As far as I'm aware of, it's a purely technical thing.

I don´t think it was -10 in Denmark last week. I think it was actually pretty warm.

lilytornado said:
I don´t think it was -10 in Denmark last week. I think it was actually pretty warm.

It was, but now we are finaliy having som snow and it has been a bit colder then last week.

juliana said:
These are not the first photos of Mary with her baby in cold weather and not the first time she has been out wearing gloves herself - obviously cold- and the baby has bare hands in the same freezing weather. He should have had mittens on. Take more care Mary :rolleyes:
Oh-perhaps we can send her some as a gift:flowers:

one picture of Christian without mittens on his hands does not prove without a doubt that he wore no mittens at all the entire time. It's quite possible he pulled them off himself. I seriously doubt that Mary is going to put her child in that sort of "danger". I know my nephew used to pull his hats and mittens off all the time when he was that age.

juliana said:
Living in Sydney Australia does not give you any experience with bringing up children in very cold weather- believe me:lol:.

Not "any" experience? I'll have to remember that next time my family (baby daughter included) are freezing cold on the slopes in Thredbo, only hours drive from Sydney! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously doubt Christian came to any harm, I am not a mother but even I understand how children do pull off their gloves, socks and hats!

The rest of his body was wrapped up very well and he would have been fine without gloves.

Can't even believe I am discussing this!

You are right EmmiLou;)
It's been a long time since I saw childrens mitten attached to the jackets. None of the jackets I have ever bought for my children had an optional clip at the sleeve, and I have to attach a string to the mittens myself , which is then threadrd thru the arms.
Only infants coveralls have the mittens already at the end of the sleeves.
BTW, Mary can be happy that her little prince doesn't throw a tantrum, because he doesn't like to wear jackets at all. My terrible two is doing just that.:bang: ;)

She cut her hair!!! Very brave on her to change this way!!!

Oh nooo, awful. :ohmy: :ohmy: :huh: :huh:
A conservative, conventional hairstyle, makes her look older and average IMO.
I hope her hair grows faaast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom