Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson, Current Events 1: September 2002 - May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Polfoto 13-12-2003 - Berleburg Castle in Bad Berleburg, Germany - Baptism of Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth, daughter of Jefferson-Friedrich Volker Benjamin Count von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth and Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Countess von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth.

Polfoto 13-12-2003 - Berleburg Castle in Bad Berleburg, Germany - Baptism of Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth, daughter of Jefferson-Friedrich Volker Benjamin Count von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth and Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Countess von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,555
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 425
  • 1cc.jpg
    1cc.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,600
Last edited by a moderator:
sorry guys if i upset anyone on my comments about the documentary on mary. i didn't know that it's common in denmark.

IBL - Lord of the Rings premiere

IBL - Lord of the Rings premiere

Attachments

• Post_43_1071536549.jpg
    Post_43_1071536549.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 895
  • Post_43_1071536573.jpg
    Post_43_1071536573.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,021
"Where did you get that info ??

According to this news - Mary will go to Tasmania - sometime before her wedding.

Her sister Patricia plans her wedding january 2004 on Tasmania ..."

I didn't mean for real. I just meant it would have made a more obvious place despite Greenland belonging to Denmark. And besides, that would be a long flight.

"leas give the girl a BREAK.
Yes they are going to Greenland an yes they way to Austraila are not to long BUT
give her a break she must haf som time to be a real dane and to lean to talk the languitch. ( i´m sorry bu my english are not so great,but i do my best) "

Yes, you're right. But I would have thought they would have gone somewhere in Denmark proper first.

Not quite sure what it says, but a picture of Frederik and Mary together nonetheless, from Countess Ingrid's baptism last weekend.

Billed Bladet

Marys første familiefest: Til barnedåb i Berleburg - 18.12.03

Ved barnedåben i Berleburg fik Frederik også lejlighed til at præsentere Mary for sin græske kusine, prinsesse Alexia, og de to piger kunne med det samme lide hinanden.

Der var smil på lige fra starten, da kronprins Frederik og Mary Donaldson ankom til barnedåb i Berleburg. For at give sine forlovede god tid til at lære nye medlemmer af familien at kende forlod parret allerede Danmark fredag for på den måde at få en rigtig hyggeaften med fætre og kusiner og deres unge venner inden dåben lørdag middag.

En af dem, som Frederik havde glædet sig meget til at Mary skulle møde, var hans græske kusine, prinsesse Alexia. Selv om hun er tre år ældre end Frederik, har de to altid haft et særligt fint forhold til hinanden, og Alexia var da også meget spændt på at hilse på Mary. Det blev stor succes. De to piger faldt fint i hak, så nu er Mary til hver en tid velkommen til Lanzarote, hvor Alexia og hendes familie nu bor.

Attachments

• Post_43_1071797215.jpg
    Post_43_1071797215.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2,091
Dennism
Yes, you're right. But I would have thought they would have gone somewhere in Denmark proper first.

HI Dennism.
I can tell you that Greenland is a part of Denmark as a contrey

Polfoto 22-12-2003 Dronning Margrethe, prins Henrik, kronprins Frederik og Mary overværede premieren på "Les Miserables " i Musikhuset i Århus.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,288
I like the coat. What I would like to see is Mary with her hair down too. I like it when it's free flowing.(I suppose having it up is more appropriate for formal settings)

Mary does look really good, though I also prefer her hair down. I hope she starts wearing brighter colors in order to stand out in the crowd, especially for these evening engagements.

" I hope she starts wearing brighter colors in order to stand out in the crowd, especially for these evening engagements. "

With that face, she will stand out no matter what she wears.

I actually really like darker colours on Mary, like black and brown, plum and burgundy. Mary's very fair but has very dark hair and I think dark colours make her pop more. Pale colours, like pastels might wash her out.

I am not sure about bright colours like reds and brilliant blues, however.

Yes she looks beautiful in dark colors, but I think they fade into the dark background w/flash pictures at these evening events (I can't see details like if it is a long or short jacket, loose or tight fitting, buttons or stitching details, etc.) :unsure:

That is so true. Browns and blacks look very good on her. But a suit the color of that strapless dress she wore at the state dinner looks good on her as well. Semi-dark.

I am hoping to see her in a claret or emerald-colored velvet gown someday. I think she would look amazing.
:flower:

" I am hoping to see her in a claret or emerald-colored velvet gown someday. I think she would look amazing"

Yes, or a dark purple velvet gown.

I can't see the pic properly. Does that coat have a gold collar for one side only?? If so, then I wouldn't wear it!!!

Originally posted by Jasl@Dec 24th, 2003 - 12:10 am
I can't see the pic properly. Does that coat have a gold collar for one side only?? If so, then I wouldn't wear it!!!
It's hard to see, isn't it? From my point of view, it seems like it could be a gold collar from the (suit) jacket she is wearing and that her outer jacket is just plain black. Because if you look closely at the other side where the collar isn't so evident, there is a very thin sliver of gold peeking out beneath the black jacket, too. Had the collar been gold on the outer jacket it would've been much more pominent on this side, too. So, I think Mary was wearing a black top with a gold suit jacket and a thicker black (wool) jacket over this.

Here is a better view of Mary's outfit from that day, and indeed the gold collar is from her suit jacket rather than her outdoor jacket.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,807
I like the pants/top but not the jacket. I would have liked a red Jacket....

Does anyone know who the lady in the red and gold jacket/top that is accompanying Frederik and Mary? She is in both pictures, including the Polfoto one above.

Is she a friend of Mary's, Frederik's, both, or a 'handler' for the royal family?

Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 25th, 2003 - 8:15 am
Does anyone know who the lady in the red and gold jacket/top that is accompanying Frederik and Mary? She is in both pictures, including the Polfoto one above.

Is she a friend of Mary's, Frederik's, both, or a 'handler' for the royal family?
The lady is Louise Gade, the mayor of Århus.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 956
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 952
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 904
she looks comfortable and happy with the attention she is getting. i like the way her hair is being tied up. i don't think the yellow/ gold jacket suits her. it looks stunning but not on her. it just doesn't look right on her. what do you guys think ?

1 & 2) Polfoto 25-12-2003 Kongefamilien til julegudstjeneste i Århus Domkirke. Kronprins Frederik og Mary Donaldson ankommer.

3 to 7) IBL - Aarhus, Denmark - 23 December 2003 - Premiere of "Les Miserables" Musical, Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson.

Attachments

• 500.jpg
    500.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,138
  • 501.jpg
    501.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 894
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 897
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 727
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 847
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 2,091
Gold is a very nice color for Mary. And from what I can see, I like her make-up, too! Thanks, Alexandria! :)

She looks very tanned and "Latin" in that previous photo.

I wish Mary would hurry up and wear RED again!!

Crown Prince Frederik & Mary Donaldson Current Events: January 2004 - May 2004

Today the monogram created by Her Majesty Queen Margrethe for

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary

was published on their official website :

http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/db/images/monogram_roed_1.jpg

D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - Fællesmonogram

Fællesmonogram

Offentliggjort tirsdag d. 13. januar 2004

H.K.H. Kronprinsen og frk. Mary Donaldsons fællesmonogram.
Monogrammet er tegnet af Hendes Majestæt Dronningen.

http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/images/logo.gif

Just for the comparison : HRH Crown Prince Frederik's monogram.

Their website has a new front page
A photo of Fredensborg palace
Their new monogram
DET KONGELIGE BRYLLUP
14. MAI 2004

D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsparrets hjemmeside

Today also a new chapter is opened at their site :

Bryllup - D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - Bryllup

This is a copy of my post at Royal Blue - rbhq.net

Originally posted by anna@Jan 13th, 2004 - 6:37 am
Today the monogram created by Her Majesty Queen Margrethe for

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary

was published on their official website :

My good she has don it agin. Queen Margrethe of Denmark are superius in doing monograms for the royal familiy and the members from Berleburg and Greece.
She is wonderful.

I agree, Queen Margrethe has done a wonderful job with Frederik and Mary's monogram. It is very regal looking despite (or due to) it's simplicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom