Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
samitude said:
Here is a fabulous song called Isn't She Lovely?. The whole video is of Mary on her Denmark tour that she just took. The video about made me cry. I thought everyone over here would like to see this as well.

http://mms-vod.media.tele.dk/tv2vod/vod//11689.wmv
Thank you so much for that link!!!! Now that we've watched it, we remember seeing it on TV at the end of the week and regretting not recording it....so now we got it in another way :D

We just love the video- a lot of great clips and the song is great to it!!!!

Must be nice...since I cannot see a thing. I've recently spent over $4,000.00 on a new computer with all kinds of state of the art gadgets and I still can't figure out how to make that video link of Mary to work...

Oh well...

See the wedding again.
On german TV :
Friday 20th August
14.45 (german time)
channel: phoenix

SweetHomeNC said:
Does anyone know if that clip about children is on the net somewhere?

what clip is this? what is it about? is mary or frederik in it?

chanel said:
what clip is this? what is it about? is mary or frederik in it?

The exchange that Frederik had with a reporter about bringing their future kids to the 2008 Olympics, that is what I was looking to see if they had a clip on.

Is this true and if it is I'd love to know all your thoughts about it. According to Hola magazine (I know not the best source) Mary is going to publish a book about her life and her love story with Fred. Is this just Hola being Hola or is it true?

I cannot imagine this. already the interview she gave was more than unnecessary taken her position. nobody needs to know how strategically she thought the situations through...i think she is great, but i find it sometimes almost embarassing to read her marketing tactics and how they mingled with finding the man of her life.

lucys said:
Is this true and if it is I'd love to know all your thoughts about it. According to Hola magazine (I know not the best source) Mary is going to publish a book about her life and her love story with Fred. Is this just Hola being Hola or is it true?

I think that is HOLA being HOLA. There have been a few books written about the couple that has chronicled their relationship throughout the years, so perhaps HOLA has been giving exerpts from one or more of those books.

Thanks for your feedback Alisa--because it would be weird otherwise.

HOLA article

lucys said:

Hi lucys,

Hola is reprinting parts of the only interview Crown Princess Mary has ever given. She was interviewed before her marriage by Anne Wolden-Ræthinge, who wrote some of it up in Politiken Newspaper. This woman has interviewed several members of the Danish Royal family over the years,and has published several books about them.

So... No, Princess Mary has not published a book.

Anne Wolden-Ræthinge's book, in Danish, is called 'Kronprinsesse Mary'.
She gave the interview because the Danes knew nothing about her except what had been written in the tabloids, and was often untrue.

Other books written about her all tend to be full of mistakes because they are all repeating the rumours and folklore that built up in the absence of any real information.

So HOLA has gone to the right source. It's a good read,and reveals a lovely thoughtful person.

I hope that answers your question.

Last edited:
Jazz said:
Was Mary invited to the Handball party this time around?

Seeing as nobody knew about Mary before 2001, and seeing as not even the press here in Australia knew her name or linked her with the prince, I find it very had to believe that somebody had identified her as someone who went uninvited to a Danish handball party in 2000.

In any case the source of this rumour has been lost, which makes me think that it was made up by those in anti-Mary boards, along with the rumour that she knew that the princes would be there that night.

In regards to the rumour that Mary had set out to catch her prince, Beatrice T said in her latest version (she keeps changing her story, but I'm not even sure that she ever claimed that Mary knew Fred would be there that night) in New Idea around May/April 04, that she herself didn't know that the princes/s would show up. She thought it was only the Bruno guy and some athletes, and Mary's room mate and Mary were invited on this basis. Yet this rumour (that Mary knew the princes/s would be there that night became truth in some online forums. It seems to me that that rumour is false, just as Mary showing up that handball party seems false.

Last edited:
Interesting how time goes by and those pro Mary are changing history. Next the story will be Mary "bumped" into Fred at a party and that was that. No Beatrice no nothing.....

Facts(ie things that can be proven or disproved) are not false just because you think they are.

Last edited:
Jazz said:
Was Mary invited to the Handball party this time around?

Was there a handball party following the game?

Jazz said:
Interesting how time goes by and those pro Mary are changing history. Next the story will be Mary "bumped" into Fred at a party and that was that. No Beatrice no nothing.....

Facts(ie things that can be proven or disproved) are not false just because you think they are.

The only people who have spoken out as to how the couple met were Beatrice, Mary, Frederik, and a bartender. Out of the four Beatrice is the only one whose story is inconsistent...

Were you there the night the couple met to provide "facts"?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are others but they refuse to appear in print. I know of some personally.

Let's get back on topic, please. This thread is 'Fred and Mary News and Photos'. What I'm reading above is nothing new...

Thanks,
Julia
Administrator

I will also say that I am not trying to be mean or unpleasant but we really need to stay on topic.

Sorry for being O/T. The mods may delete my previous post.

Anyhoooo.... Upcoming events for the Crown Princely Couple! :) (thanks to Chalteen and potter who posted these info at the CP Mary MB).

Indvielse af Fredensborg Slot i Legoland
Fredag 3. september 2004 kl. 11:00
Kronprinsparret deltager i indvielsen af Fredensborg Slot bygget i Lego klodser i LEGOLAND.

Åbning af Fredensborg-Humlebæks Sundhedsuge
Torsdag 9. september 2004 kl. 16:30
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen forestår åbning af Fredensborg-Humlebæk Sundhedsuge på Torvet, Jernbanegade i Fredensborg.

Udstillingsåbning på Royal Academy of Arts i London
Tirsdag 14. september 2004 kl. 19:15
Kronprinsparret overværer som æresgæster den officielle åbning af udstillingen "Ancient Art to Post-Impressionism, Masterpieces from the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Copenhagen," på Royal Academy of Arts i London.

Udnævnelse af britiske H.C. Andersen Ambassadører
Onsdag 15. september 2004 kl. 11:00
H.K.H. Kronprinsen udnævner britiske H.C. Andersen Ambassadører på British Library i London.

And Fred will act as regent starting today 30 August! On 3 September they will also open the Fredensborg palace building in Legoland. Mary will also have her second solo engagement on the 9th. On the 14 the couple are travelling to England in relation to the HC Andersen ambassadorship (?).

I'm not sure if this forum has a thread specifically for this, but they do over at CP Mary MB: http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=187 .

And as potter said in the thread above, Frederik and Mary may be meeting with the Niacaraguan President Enrique Bolaños Geyer today at Amalienborg (no Margrethe, no Henrik... just Fredik and Mary!). Pls pls pls release pictures of this event ( LOL!)

Can't wait!!

Cheers,
Jasl

Last edited:
If they travel to england,will they have meeting with Queen Elizabeth II or other British Royals?

Upcoming events so far...

--
Jasl said:
On 3 September they will also open the Fredensborg palace building in Legoland.

From the CPMEDMB:

-On 9 of September HRH The Crown Princess will open Health-Week in Fredensborg (her hometown)

-On 14 of September The Crown Princely couple will attend the opening of the exhibition Ancient Art to Post-Impressionism, Masterpieces from the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Copenhagen at the Royal Academy of Arts in London.

-On 15 of SeptemberThe Crown Prince will appoint British Hans-Christian Andersen embassadors in London.

"And as potter said in the thread above, Frederik and Mary may be meeting with the Niacaraguan President Enrique Bolaños Geyer today at Amalienborg (no Margrethe, no Henrik... just Fredik and Mary!). Pls pls pls release pictures of this event ( LOL!)"

today? was it a last moment decision?
what is doing a president of latin america in scandinavia? :s sounds strange...

are there any photos?

It happens quite a bit that south american presidents visit scandinavia, and very often they are offered lunch\breakfast at the palace, there is rearly pictures, often very low key\little public interest.

carlota said:

are there any photos?

No, pics yet, but people at the CP Mary MB have known about it for quite a while: http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=187 (thought you might have to register). Its been on F&M's calendar for quite a while, but I keep forgetting about it.

LOL, hard to believe but Latin American presidents do visit Scandinavian countries.

carlota said:
Denmark pays quite a sum of aid each year to Nicaragua - and the president visited to sign a new contract.

I visited Nicaragua in 1997 - and I've never ever been to such a poor country. Of course, that is some years ago now, and I sure hope, that things have changed.

I can imagine the Spanish royals visiting Nicaragua, but it would be really good if Fred and Mary do too! How much aid does Denmark give to Nicaragua? A substantial amount? Why Niacaragua and not some other country?

Yeah too bad, there's probably none. Maybe that's one thing Frederik's court can improve on - they should list down every single thing they do (for example, the meeting with the Greek president wasn't listed on their website etc) and have at least one picture of it (for your's and mine's benefit :) ) . That's just like when Fred was working at the military academy, it wasn't listed on his calendar, which made people think that he was just lounging around half the time.

BUT! They're opening the Fredensborg "buildings" at Legoland tomorrow! They would definitely have pictures of that! (if they don't, then I'm personally going to fly over to Denmark and take photos of them myself! - and then come back and post it at the CP Mary MB.. lol!! jks)

I'm going to hold you to that... :) LOL

But seriously, I really miss pictures of this couple. I love seeing them, they're so regal and charismatic. It's boring when they don't show up for a while :(

BTW, when do you think will be the next time we see Mary in gala dress and tiara?

Jazz, do we really have bring how their met so want, thats the past not now mary is crown princess and frederik fell in love with her and she fell in love with him.
I am not trying upset you but get over it.And you said you no people that were their so want. I think any one should let them live their lives in peace and for everyone else should get over the past. Well thats my opinion.
OH my father has cancer as well. he is not good.
billie-jo

Cissan said:
BTW, when do you think will be the next time we see Mary in gala dress and tiara?

Good question..... maybe when they go Japan. I believe its a state visit with QM and Prince Henrik, so that should be full on.

But I think that's in November, so hopefully there's one before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom