Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only because they lack imagination as to where to place them ! At the throat, the waist, in the Hair, or centrally [at the Solar plexus] would give originality and a new use to these old jewels that NEED to be worn..

But so many of them are really not very pretty, plus they are large and dated looking. The younger Royal women don't seem to wear a lot of jewelry or very large jewelry usually so it is not a surprise.

I think Kate has worn a brooch...maybe a handful to times in the 7 years she's been the DoC. It's fallen out of fashion so the younger generations have no real idea about them..it's something their granny wore to Church on her left shoulder.

I will say I do not like it when they are worn on the solar plexus..I think that is odd on today's less ornate dresses.

LaRae

A number of off-topic post has been deleted. Please keep this thread to the discussion of Meghan's jewels and do keep the tone of the discussion friendly and welcoming.

Since Meghan is unlikely to wear an overabundance of frills and ruffles (fingers crossed) perhaps she may surprise us with a little, terribly elegant brooch.

My dream is to have her wear one and then totally gobsmack us by wearing it as the centrepiece in Queen Mary's Diamond Filigree Tiara at her first tiara event.

Last edited:
Well now here's a chance for Kate and Meghan to start a new trend. There are lots of small and delicate brooches around. Brooches should be worn on the left.
Corsage brooches are out of fashion. However Queen Maxima has a gorgeous big sapphire and diamond corsage brooch from the 1800's she wears on occasion at gala events.
Some of these older pieces are so magnificent it seems a shame to keep them locked away.
And brooches are quite feminine looking too.

I too agree that it would be nice if brooches came back. If Meghan and Kate wore them even occasionally it would be great. It doesn't seem as if they will, though.
I adore Maxima and the way she wears jewellery. Big flamboyant pieces look so good on her.

Kate has started to wear a few, but yes, it would be good to see if Meghan found a way to incorporate a brooch into her formal evening wear. Princess Grace was another stylish Royal who achieved some amazing effects wearing brooches in an unusual but elegant way.

Her rather small bracelet tonight seems to feature some king of cross,

Her rather small bracelet tonight seems to feature some king of cross,

I believe it's the same bracelet as she wore to the Birmingham events after her baptism and confirmation.

I believe it's the same bracelet as she wore to the Birmingham events after her baptism and confirmation.

Thanks. I hadn't noticed it at that time. So probably a gift for her baptism and confirmation.

Not a great fan of pink gold myself but these earrings are certainly very pretty.

Not a great fan of pink gold myself but these earrings are certainly very pretty.[/QUOTE

Oh to bad Curryong, I will take them any time as rose gold is my favorite color of gold as it is warm and stunning with diamonds as these earrings are. These are just so beautiful and perfect to wear during any day time event or as for me, all the time....:lol:

I will take them any time as rose gold is my favorite color of gold as it is warm and stunning with diamonds as these earrings are. These are just so beautiful and perfect to wear during any day time event or as for me, all the time....:lol:

Have to agree there, M.Payton. :flowers: I wear my jewelry always, though I confess to having special favorites that get over worn. ;) I will wear unique items for special occasions, but the real favorites are always the ultimate temptation.

:previous:
Totally agree with you Lady Nimue, I have a very favorite pair of earrings I wear daily, they are real and my all time favorite, a south sea pearl (small) with a tiny diamond on top, remind you of anyone here...HM I bet. Bought those years ago and have put others on to go out, stop and look in the mirror and the pearl with diamonds go right back on all the time......Now if only I could get my hands on that tiara called Girls.....:lol::lol::flowers:

Meghan's hoop earrings that she wore to BP actually are the first pair of earrings with diamonds in rose gold that I really liked. I'm more of a rose gold woman for antique style settings with gemstones such as garnets (have garnets set in rose gold in both red garnets and purple garnets).

I've never been a big fan of pearls and mine end up just sitting in my jewelry case for the most part. I'm more of a yellow gold with diamonds kind of gal and that's my go to for the most part.

I like Black Hills Gold but you rarely see it now days.

LaRae

I hope this is the right thread to post this on. Ireland is the first overseas trip for the Duchess. Do you think we might see a loan from The Queen in the firm of a brooch for the Ireland trip?

The link below has all the brooches The Queen wore for her historic trip to Ireland. I can possibly see her lending the silver spiral brooch given to her by the president during her visit. It has the potential IMO to become synonymous with Ireland the same way the Maple Leaf brooch is with Canada though it certainly is not the prettiest brooch.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Flashback: State Visit to Ireland, 2011

You bring up a very good point, Fros, and I think you may be onto something here. As this trip has been announced that it is an official visit on the request of Her Majesty's government, they will be representing the monarch in Ireland.

If I remember right, when William and Kate visited Canada in 2011 after their wedding. the Queen did loan her maple leaf brooch to Kate for the trip. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the same thing happens with a loan to Meghan from the Queen with the brooch you've mentioned.

I'll be on the lookout for it. :D

Oh coloured stone, these are lovely.

They are citrine surrounded by diamonds by BIrks according to what Megan wore.

I for one think that she could have gone for some local jewellery, some small pieces like she has done for a few Australian designers. However, I'm not going to harp on it. It was a trip that lasted less than 48 hours. Now a tour that is days and weeks long, I do expect her to rep some local designers.

She has worn jewelry by Australian designers?

Yes...a ton. I'm not sure if she has worn any post-wedding, but she wore a few during the engagement period. I will double check.

Back
Top Bottom