Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this tiara on Catherine, so I'm glad to see her wearing it again.

Jewels are great. But must say not my favorite tiara on her. I actually think the lotus suits her better. But still lovely appearance.

I think we all would like it better with better tiara hair. I think the earrings look great with it! But her hair people need to figure out better hairdos to anchor a tiara and make those diamonds sing!
It's not enough to have a lovely up-do (or back-do, as in this case). The hair has to add to the display of the tiara. The Queen and Camilla both have regular hairstyles that tend to do this. Work to do.
But I refuse to be unhappy at any tiara appearance! :flowers:

I agree about the tiara hair comment. This tiara could look stunning on her if there was more height to her hair. Lovely to see these loans from the Queen becoming more frequent.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

She needs to channel 1960s beehive Princess Margaret Tiara hair. ?

The Duchess of Cambridge with the Cambridge lover's knot...I love it when a plan comes together!

the earrings are just stunningly beautiful

Looking at the pic with all the senior royals together - the Duchess needs to be awarded a family order or some other order that allows her to wear a sash - she really looks "naked"!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think we all would like it better with better tiara hair. I think the earrings look great with it! But her hair people need to figure out better hairdos to anchor a tiara and make those diamonds sing!
It's not enough to have a lovely up-do (or back-do, as in this case). The hair has to add to the display of the tiara. The Queen and Camilla both have regular hairstyles that tend to do this. Work to do.
But I refuse to be unhappy at any tiara appearance! :flowers:

I think that us why I find the lotus suits her better. With her present style, and not simply hair but that is major here, the more delicate tiara suits her. The hair style showcases the lotus better than the lovers not.

As much as she is duchess of Cambridge I wish she would pick something else. This one us so associated with Diana. She has years before she us queen consort. I would love to see her make a tiara her own like the lotus or another lesser seen one.

I'm not sure she has her pick of tiaras....perhaps there are only select ones she can use at this point.

LaRae

I am always amused by the continuing assertions that the Lovers Knot was Diana's favourite tiara. It wasn't, the Spencer tiara claimed that honour. It was also considerably lighter. She claimed The Lover's Knot was so heavy it gave her a headache! As per usual, the DM got it wrong.

Speaking of "wrong", Catherine has yet to master the art of "Tiara Hair".
this latest foray into the art of wearing beautiful bling on her hair was a total bust. While the hairstyle would have looked wonderful with a gorgeous hat, there was no height in the hairstyle and the "Downton Abbey" style would have looked better with the 'Strathmore Rose' worn in the same way QEQM did . . . twenties style.

It seems like Diana had her own jewels...or a lot more of her own jewels. I'm guessing due to the wedding gifts, gifts from Charles and her status as the PoW. She also wore a lot of costume jewelry. I do seem to recall she wore some of the Queen's jewelry also, besides the Tiara's which I guess belong to the crown actually.

LaRae

Only the Oriental Circlet, George IV State Diadem and a fringe necklace/tiara belong to the Crown, the remainder of Her Majesty's tiaras are her own.

Wrong thread. Catherine is not related to this tiara.

Actually I think Kate is making inroads in having the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara as something that will personify her for years to come. She's giving new meaning to the Cambridge as she is the Duchess of Cambridge and in a way, the more she wears it, the more it will not be a specifically "Diana" tiara but as Diana's daughter-in-law, it kind of has the feel of something that has been passed on to Kate (as Diana's engagement ring was) through the family. I'm sure William has memories of his mother wearing the tiara.

The fact that the Court Jeweler's website and information on the Cambridge Knot Tiara has been posted here signifies to me that this is happening. :D

Its a stunning tiara and wonder what it would look like if the top layer of pearls were restored?

Its really becoming the Duchess of Cambridge's trademark piece!

Actually, the blog on the Court Jeweller is about the real Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara, the one that belonged to Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge, and was later sold in auction by her descendants.

So it really has nothing to do with with either Catherine or Diana, or even Queen Mary. Those three ladies all wore Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara, which was made for Queen Mary and was only inspired by the original Cambridge LK tiara. Imo it is completely misleading to keep using the name Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara for the tiara of the British RF. It's Queen Mary's LK tiara that Catherine wore this week at the diplomatic reception, and I was very happy to see her with it again.

I think that Kate in the Lover's Knot Tiara including her tiara hair looks great in the photos of her being driven into the event. The previous real time sightings of Kate in this tiara have been the driving in photos, so if there was deliberation regarding her tiara hair the hair style chosen was a great choice IMO.

Last edited:
Actually, the blog on the Court Jeweller is about the real Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara, the one that belonged to Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge, and was later sold in auction by her descendants.

So it really has nothing to do with with either Catherine or Diana, or even Queen Mary. Those three ladies all wore Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara, which was made for Queen Mary and was only inspired by the original Cambridge LK tiara. Imo it is completely misleading to keep using the name Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara for the tiara of the British RF. It's Queen Mary's LK tiara that Catherine wore this week at the diplomatic reception, and I was very happy to see her with it again.

Yeah, we know the original was sold off, but this tiara is officially called The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara.

It's so fitting for Catherine to wear it. She's making it her own indeed.

I think her late mother-in-law liked the tiara. I know Diana once complained of getting a headache from the tiara, but I that was only one time. Diana wore this tiara a lot during her time as Princess of Wales. It may be a little heavy, but it's a very fine piece of jewelry and. Athenian e carries ot off very nicely.

Last edited:
It's officially called the Queen Mary's Lover's knot tiara. See Roberts 'Queen's Diamonds'.

This time the tiara looked much better on Kate's head than they way it looked on her at the China State Banquet. I don't appreciate much a tiara placed like a headband, but all in all, Kate's hair was coiffed way better that the previous times, imo.

It's officially called the Queen Mary's Lover's knot tiara. See Roberts 'Queen's Diamonds'.
Thank you, Spheno. I don't have Roberts book, so I couldn't check what they call it. But the 'Cambrigde'-name seems more like floating around the internet and through the press, who obviously copy from the internet.

I'm very glad that Catherine has worn three different tiaras, and I hope that she will put them on a rotation, so that we don't see the same tiara over and over again. It's also great that she seems to become a regular wearer of large diamond bracelets. The one she wore this week looks especially yummy.

[...] Diana wore this tiara a lot during her time as Princess of Wales.[...]

It was the only royal diadem at her disposal. So she had little choice. She had a "spare" by loaning a diadem from the Earl Spencer. That was it.

This time the tiara looked much better on Kate's head than they way it looked on her at the China State Banquet. I don't appreciate much a tiara placed like a headband, but all in all, Kate's hair was coiffed way better that the previous times, imo.

Kate wore a different tiara to the Chinese State Dinner- she wore the lotus (or papyrus) tiara.

It was the only royal diadem at her disposal. So she had little choice. She had a "spare" by loaning a diadem from the Earl Spencer. That was it.

Yeah, I know, I'm just saying she wore it a lot though. I think it only gave her a headache perhaps only one time. Diana had to get use to wearing tiaras. Even the Spencer Tiara gave her a headache on her wedding day, according to her Brother, Earl Spencer. She only the used those two tiaras. I do think only really liked the two at the time.

That's guys for the correction on the Lovers Knot Tiara.

Last edited:
Yeah, we know the original was sold off, but this tiara is officially called The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara.

In the book "The Queens diamonds" by Hugh Roberts who was a former Director/member of the Royal Collection it is called Queen Mary's Lovers Knot tiara so i would say that this is it's official name.

In the book "The Queens diamonds" by Hugh Roberts who was a former Director/member of the Royal Collection it is called Queen Mary's Lovers Knot tiara so i would say that this is it's official name.

Thanks for the correction. I think it's just popular to call it the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara.

Thanks for the correction. I think it's just popular to call it the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara.
The problem is that the british press calls it always like this and as we know they will probably not learn and even if they will still call it like this.

The problem is that the british press calls it always like this and as we know they will probably not learn and even if they will still call it like this.
No, they don't learn (don't want to learn). So 'Kate Middleton' is wearing the Cambridge tiara for them. :cool:

Kate wore a different tiara to the Chinese State Dinner- she wore the lotus (or papyrus) tiara.

Thank you for pointing that out. So, was this a first?

She looked way better than with her hair covering her face. But I must say that my favorite tiara on Kate is the Cartier Halo? she wore at her wedding. She doesn't look particularly stiking with bigger tiara, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom