The Princess of Wales Jewels 1: September 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Those are a really lovely pair of sapphire and diamond earrings and very nice to see them again.

These are great earrings for this suit. The purple is lovely on her. If she has access to the late Diana's amethyst this would have been a good opportunity to bring them out.

Wow, wasn't expecting that. Great to see it out the vaults again.

Hallelujah!!!! A different tiara at last! About time, they have so many jewels gathering dust.

Wonderful to see the Strathmore Rose tiara being worn by the Princess!

What an absolutely delightful surprise from Catherine!

WOW…. I had hoped to see new jewels but that was a huge surprise !

I thought i had read somewhere that it was too fragile to wear…. Thankfully that’s not the case

That is a nice surprise that we finally see that one beeing worn again after about 80 years

Wow! 80 years?!

It’s a nice surprise to see her wearing a new to her tiara, but really surprised it’s one that’s been in the vault forever.

Wow! 80 years?!

It’s a nice surprise to see her wearing a new to her tiara, but really surprised it’s one that’s been in the vault forever.

It weas actually exhibtioned in 2000 but not worn since the 1930's.

I'm thrilled to see this. It's a lovely tiara, and looks wonderful on Catherine!

Now I’m wishing the Princess of Wales had chosen this for May’s coronation, instead of that metallic headpiece! It would have been a lovely tribute to the Queen Mum.

Now I’m wishing the Princess of Wales had chosen this for May’s coronation, instead of that metallic headpiece! It would have been a lovely tribute to the Queen Mum.

If the dress code for the Coronation did not include tiaras, Catherine was unlikely to ignore it and appear with a tiara on.

Here's a close up picture of Catherine wearing the Strathmore Tiara

Close-up

The tiara is more bigger than I had expected. It suits her and I am happy to see Catherine having increased access to the vault

If the dress code for the Coronation did not include tiaras, Catherine was unlikely to ignore it and appear with a tiara on.

Yes, you’re quite right, of course, but it still would have been nice……
(Camilla got to wear a crown, after all)

Close-up

The tiara is more bigger than I had expected. It suits her and I am happy to see Catherine having increased access to the vault

I appreciate its historical value, but I don't think it is a good choice for women in Catherine's age range. It looks better on a younger princess despite its rather old-fashioned design. Maybe it can be a starter tiara for Princess Charlotte when her time comes.

Close-up

In fairness she has had the use of a fair number of tiaras - the Cartier wave (wedding), Lotus Flower, Cambridge Lover's Knot and now the Strathmore.

I wonder if Catherine will make it a regular in her rotation - it does serve as a perfect smaller tiara when the Cambridge Lover's Knot may be too much a big gun.

I am so happy that Kate is wearing the Strathmore tiara. It is beautiful and regal.

Catherine looks lovely in the Strathmore Rose; i like how she did her hair with it. I'm really glad it's being used again as it's one of my favourites.

I love the tiara, but it’s too small for someone Catherine’s age. This would be perfect for a young princess

Have to say I dislike the QMLK and I am tired of seeing her wearing it again and again, so I'm over the moon to see it on her! It Indeed look grander than I expected.

I like all Kate's tiaras, the Lotus especially. It is exiting to see this tiara again after such a long time (IIRC it was pictured for a Jewelry book by Geoffrey Munn?).

I am not sure if it is the quality of the photos but the diamonds do seem to lack sparkle. The diamonds are perhaps smaller than usual for royal tiaras. That would make sense as it was a gift from the Bowes-Lyon family. I agree with Mbruno and think it would look better on a younger princess. Still, it is wonderful that it finally found its way out of the vault.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom