The Princess of Wales Jewels 1: September 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm wondering what happened to her gown, in the abbey the neckline is much higher and covering her collarbone, instead of the V shape neckline (BTW it flatters her). Maybe there's an extra fabric to cover the necklace and protect it from the cord of the robe?

I'm wondering what happened to her gown, in the abbey the neckline is much higher and covering her collarbone, instead of the V shape neckline (BTW it flatters her). Maybe there's an extra fabric to cover the necklace and protect it from the cord of the robe?

As I understand, there was a separate cape-like piece that was worn in the Abbey which helped provide support, and modesty, for the heavy robes and chains worn. So happy to see the PoW wear such a lovely and significant piece from the late Queen.

Not excited about her wearing such a substantial piece yet, while Camila hasn’t worn anything that big. The coronation jewels don’t count.
Also this diamond necklace is huge, I’d have preferred it be left for the Queen. Catherine’s turn would come.

Camilla’s coronation necklace is like 500 carats. Kate’s looks minor compared to it. What are you talking about?

I don't get why real tiaras were not in use, this is the moment to undust the bling and show it. But I have to give credit to whoever thought of this brilliant faux imperial Rome tiara-look-alike. She was impressive with it and so was Charlotte.

When I read she was going to wear flowers instead of jewels I was in horror thinking she was going full Woodstock Festival or do a cultural appropriation on the Queen of Tonga's style. But making a flower arrangement resemble in photos an imperial Rome crown was magnificent. As they say here in the USA, she hit the ball out of the park on this home run moment when she stepped out of the transport.

For the garden party at BP today, the Princess of Wales is wearing the aquamaring / topaz hoop earrings she has had for over a decade.

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **

The Princess of Wales is wearing her long pendant earrings in a pale semi-precious stone and diamonds. She previously wore the earrings for a BAFTA event (possibly in 2017?) and then again for the dinner to mark the 70th birthday celebrations of Prince Charles in 2018. These earrings were also worn for a gala event in 2011 (Women in Hedge Finds?) when she had paired it with a red gown.

Was hoping Catherine would wear a different tiara!

It is the Lovers Knot, but she is wearing the Greville chandeliers.
At least it’s better to the chandelier earrings than seeing Kiki Mcdonough earrings, or ones from Zara or sezane.

We can always hope. It would be sad to confine her to one tiara.

I wish her seeing on Girls of great Britain & Ireland or the Queen Mary's Fringe

The image quality is bad, but I made my efforts

Kate

Last edited by a moderator:
We can always hope. It would be sad to confine her to one tiara.

She's gone back to the Lotus tiara for her latest tiara appareance so I think we can count two. And frankly I was expecting the Lotus tiara as it is lighter and a with slightly "oriental" motifs.

Not a fan of the Cambridge Lovers Knot of her, and with open hair it looks worse. I really wish she’d have worn another tiara, maybe her wedding tiara, which would’ve looked better with open hair.
I don’t think we’ll see her with her wedding tiara anymore. It’s too small a tiara for the now princess of wales

Apparently it's the late Queen Greville Chandeliers earrings. Pity it's the Lovers Knot tiara again but it doesn't look that bad with the overall look. I wish she could wear another brooch though.

I finally saw a good pic of those earrings- and they’re fabulous. I think this is the first time she’s worn them?

I love the Lover’s Knot. It really suits her. Admittedly- I’d love to see her in a different one, but if she’s going to wear this one the most consistently, at least it’s one she wears really well.

I am having a QMLK fatigue. I would prefer the sparkling halo tiara with that sequin dress and the Greville earrings (the halo with the chandeliers is the art deco combo I always want to see on her, what a pity).

I finally saw a good pic of those earrings- and they’re fabulous. I think this is the first time she’s worn them?

I love the Lover’s Knot. It really suits her. Admittedly- I’d love to see her in a different one, but if she’s going to wear this one the most consistently, at least it’s one she wears really well.

I agree- I think the Lover’s Knot looks great on her and is an excellent tiara to wearer match. I’m always in favor of more tiara variety, but I love this one.

I'm not a fan of the Lover's Knot tiara. I would LOVE to see Catherine in the Girls of GB & Ireland tiara. I also would be thrilled if she got the Strathmore Rose out of the vaults, I love that one :wub:

I thought the earrings looked great. I do not think we will see Catherine in the Scroll tiara again, perhaps the Queen Mary Fringe if she wanted an all diamond tiara.

Not a fan of the Cambridge Lovers Knot of her, and with open hair it looks worse. I really wish she’d have worn another tiara, maybe her wedding tiara, which would’ve looked better with open hair.
I don’t think we’ll see her with her wedding tiara anymore. It’s too small a tiara for the now princess of wales
I don't think that the halo tiara is too small for a PoW per se. It depends on the type of event, and as long it the halo is not her only tiara, it would make a great alternative.

I’m in agreement with those who’ve said that the Princess should be widening her selection of tiaras . Yes, we’ve seen the Lotus relatively recently, but with so few tiara appearances, and several wonderful tiaras now available, the Lover’s Knot needs a spell back in the vaults. In fairness, the Queen was also rarely seen in anything other than the Boucheron when she was a Duchess. I’d be interested to know what people here think is the reason for the apparent reluctance of senior royal ladies to widen their tiara choices whereas with other items of jewellery,, such as necklaces and earrings, we are already seeing the ‘rebirth’ of major, important pieces.

I think if she had chosen a new tiara to this event everyone would have been talking about her, and this was the time for the bride to shine. Her 2 looks were ok, but nothing special. She knows when is her time to shine. They are taking out the vaults the jewlery slowly, but constantly.

About this tiara apearence, I don't like it as a headband because the pearls looked weird in that position. Like the earrings, but not the convination of art deco pices with a victorian/edwardian design as the LK.

I’m in agreement with those who’ve said that the Princess should be widening her selection of tiaras . Yes, we’ve seen the Lotus relatively recently, but with so few tiara appearances, and several wonderful tiaras now available, the Lover’s Knot needs a spell back in the vaults. In fairness, the Queen was also rarely seen in anything other than the Boucheron when she was a Duchess. I’d be interested to know what people here think is the reason for the apparent reluctance of senior royal ladies to widen their tiara choices whereas with other items of jewellery,, such as necklaces and earrings, we are already seeing the ‘rebirth’ of major, important pieces.
I think it is because of the lack of tiara events and the fact that they may seem comfortable in what tiaras they already have access to. I think they don’t care about tiaras as much as others do

I would imagine that tiaras which Camilla has not yet worn- but may wish to in the future- will not go into the tiara ‘pool’ for others to borrow. It’s obvious that she (Camilla) will never wear the Lover’s Knot, so Catherine always has that one, at least, at her disposal.

Back
Top Bottom