Crown Princess Mette-Marit Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Amethyst Tiara is not my favourite Norwegian tiara but I must saw it suits the Crown Princess very well.

The amethysts looked great with that gown and she had great tiara hair tonight.

Mette Marit's tiara appearances of 2018:

1 2 3

Last edited:
How nice that the Crown Princess wore the amethyst tiara twice. The colored stones suit her blonde hair, and it's a nice change from the constant repetition of the daisy bandeau. Let's hope that she will wear the vifte tiara once again next year.

I have never seen them before, but maybe others know more. On the HFJC board it is said that MM wore the earring as a head ornament once.

The daisy tiara is lovely. But perhaps more suited for a younger royal? It would be a great starter tiara for her daughter. As MM is approaching 50 I would say a more substantial tiara would be nice for her. Pss Ragnild/ Queen Maud's diamond tiara - which supposedly went back to the main line- would look great on the crown princess but perhaps it is kept for princess Ingrid Alexandra? The Boucheron tiara is sadly lost to the RF but would also look lovely.

Last edited:
daughter. As MM is approaching 50 I would say a more substantial tiara would be nice for her. Pss Ragnild/ Queen Maud's diamond tiara - which supposedly went back to the main line- would look great on the crown princess but perhaps it is kept for princess Ingrid Alexandra?

That would be very nice but somehow i have the feeling that she doesn't wan't (perhaps also due to her health Issues) to wear bigger tiaras.

That would be very nice but somehow i have the feeling that she doesn't wan't (perhaps also due to her health Issues) to wear bigger tiaras.

IMO, given the relatively small number of tiaras owned by the NRF, it is difficult to tell whether M-M has access to larger tiaras and prefers not to use them.

I have never seen them before, but maybe others know more. On the HFJC board it is said that MM wore the earring as a head ornament once.

Thank you!

The daisy tiara is lovely. But perhaps more suited for a younger royal? It would be a great starter tiara for her daughter. As MM is approaching 50 I would say a more substantial tiara would be nice for her. Pss Ragnild/ Queen Maud's diamond tiara - which supposedly went back to the main line- would look great on the crown princess but perhaps it is kept for princess Ingrid Alexandra? The Boucheron tiara is sadly lost to the RF but would also look lovely.

It would be lovely to see M-M in Pss Ragnild's tiara, but I do think there is a reasonable chance it is being saved for Ingrid.

IMO, given the relatively small number of tiaras owned by the NRF, it is difficult to tell whether M-M has access to larger tiaras and prefers not to use them.
She has already been once loaned the small Version of Queen Maud's diamond and pearl tiara which has not been worn by one of the other royal ladies in attendance yesterday.

She has already been once loaned the small Version of Queen Maud's diamond and pearl tiara which has not been worn by one of the other royal ladies in attendance yesterday.

Märtha Louise has worn it a few times too (hers and Ari’s wedding for example)

I suspect it is as easy as Mette-Marit simply don’t like bigger piece’s of jewellery..

I'm always happy to see Mette-Marit wearing a tiara, even the small daisy bandeau. Didn't she have severe problems with her neck / spine, and she even needed an operation? We know that the Empress Emerita of Japan had to give up tiara wearing on doctor's orders at some point because of neck problems. That makes me happy to see that MM is well enough to still wear her small tiara. And I somehow assume that she might continue to wear the small ones even after Hakon's accession.

Queens Sylvia , Sonja , Anne Marie , Margrete don't loan their grand Jewels to her daughters or daughters in law. I don't know why ?.
Princess Mary bought herself a tiara and is lucky to wear Queen Ingrid's Ruby Parrure.
Princess Victoria is lucky to wear Princess Lilian Jewels.

I agree. She is so beautiful and I think a larger tiara would look wonderful on her.

Does anybody recognise the earrings that Mette Marit wore to the State Banquet last night? Are these from the family collection?

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...nquet-in-the-picture-id1236463447?s=2048x2048

In addition: the daisy earrings were already seen in 2006 but without the pendants.

A photo of the two of them as hair ornament: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/53/55/03/535503e6d45af9ab2aa6f6fc2b61fdc5.jpg

--
The crown princess díd surprise us at the banquet after all, as shown by TheRoyalWatcher on the HFJC board. She has worn Queen Maud's bracelet of the Victoria and Albert order. The bracelet was a gift of Pss Astrid to Princess Ingrid Alexandra.

https://mb.boardhost.com/historyroyaljewels/msg/1636508841.html

She don't have neck issues now. It is just what it is. The collection is divided and we must probably wait untill MM becomes Queen. I am quite sure Queen Sonja has made a plan for the jewelry in the future. It will probably be kept together and hopefully not lifetime loans.

I must say I have heard some inside rumours that the royal family have been offered / given the Boucheron pearl tiara as well. But I can not prove it. The different items are awaiting a new reign and also we will have a tiara debutante in january/february.

She don't have neck issues now. It is just what it is. The collection is divided and we must probably wait untill MM becomes Queen. I am quite sure Queen Sonja has made a plan for the jewelry in the future. It will probably be kept together and hopefully not lifetime loans.

I must say I have heard some inside rumours that the royal family have been offered / given the Boucheron pearl tiara as well. But I can not prove it. The different items are awaiting a new reign and also we will have a tiara debutante in january/february.

Are you saying that the new tiara owner is going to be seen in january? The rf has sold?

Now that would make sense as the descendants of Pss Ragnild will have no use for a tiara. Let's hope the story is true & that ther RF was able to buy the tiara from Pss Ragnild's heirs.

I have not seen photographs of Crown Princess Mette-Marit wearing the types of simple, modern jewellery that so many posh men give their wives.

Now that would make sense as the descendants of Pss Ragnild will have no use for a tiara. Let's hope the story is true & that ther RF was able to buy the tiara from Pss Ragnild's heirs.
If this turns out to be true, it would be good news indeed. The Lorentzen children didn't use the historical pieces as wedding tiara, nor did they wear them at gala events in Oslo. They probably had an interest in that their historic family heirlooms will continue to be worn in a royal context, so giving/selling it back is a logic solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom