Crown Princess Mette-Marit Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is such a pity that the they did not leate the stolen tormaline Parure recreate as they did with the pearl tiara and opted instead for ths is Set. Yes the ametyhsts work much better as necklace but is has been barely worn as this. Think the laat time was the pre-Wedding Dinner of Haakon and Mette-Marit.

Last edited:
It is such a pity that the they did not leate the stolen tormaline Parure recreate as they did with the pearl tiara and opted instead for ths is Set. Yes the ametyhsts work much better as necklace but is has been barely worn as this. Think the laat time was the pre-Wedding Dinner of Haakon and Mette-Marit.

When she "plays" with her own diamond earrings and put amethysts there, maybe someone should tell her to make use of Queen Maud's diamond tiara and replace the diamond tops with amethysts. Then they have a grand parure of amethysts. With tiara, a big neclace and bracelets. Even making the turquoise bow brooch of Astrid versataile they could put amethysts there as well. They need help from their good friend, Queen Maxima (or me ?)

For me it is always good news to see her play. She has what she has, but for the next reign, there will be quite alot of jewels to use. Most of the important ones will go to the main line and for Mette-Marit and Ingrid-s use.

When she "plays" with her own diamond earrings and put amethysts there, maybe someone should tell her to make use of Queen Maud's diamond tiara and replace the diamond tops with amethysts. Then they have a grand parure of amethysts. With tiara, a big neclace and bracelets. Even making the turquoise bow brooch of Astrid versataile they could put amethysts there as well. They need help from their good friend, Queen Maxima (or me ?)

For me it is always good news to see her play. She has what she has, but for the next reign, there will be quite alot of jewels to use. Most of the important ones will go to the main line and for Mette-Marit and Ingrid-s use.

Actually with her earrings Mette-Marit has played around quite a bit, but she sems to be an earrings-kind-of-woman, and not really interested in other pieces very much.

Yes Queen Mauds diamond tiara has the possibility of beeing a grand version of Princess Sofias tiara. We already know it has diamonds and has had turqouises in the past, which the NRF has alot of, and it could probably easily be adapted with more affordable stones like aquamarines (perfect for Mette-Marits colors) and topazes, and probably they can wear it like the base of the 9-province tiara in Belgium as well.

What they are waiting for with this tiara I dont know. Bring it out for the danish state visit, afterall QM2 herself has said jewels are ment to be used and not in a museum, and this tiara is not even in a museum, but in a box in a vault.

Actually with her earrings Mette-Marit has played around quite a bit, but she sems to be an earrings-kind-of-woman, and not really interested in other pieces very much.

Yes Queen Mauds diamond tiara has the possibility of beeing a grand version of Princess Sofias tiara. We already know it has diamonds and has had turqouises in the past, which the NRF has alot of, and it could probably easily be adapted with more affordable stones like aquamarines (perfect for Mette-Marits colors) and topazes, and probably they can wear it like the base of the 9-province tiara in Belgium as well.

What they are waiting for with this tiara I dont know. Bring it out for the danish state visit, afterall QM2 herself has said jewels are ment to be used and not in a museum, and this tiara is not even in a museum, but in a box in a vault.

All good ideas. Queen Maud's tiara can certainly be altered to create a substantial, versatile tiara that can be used with stones of different colours: turquoises, aquamarines, tanzanites, spinels / rubies or amethysts.

My sense is that, for whatever reason, the NRF have decided that the tiara should be used by Queeen M-M, and not beforheand.

Last edited:
My sense is that, for whatever reason, the NRF have decided that the tiara should be used by Queeen M-M, and not beforheand.

Would be odd as Sonja has already worn as Crown Princess the 3 big gun tiaras (emeralds, diamond and Pearl tiara).

Would be odd as Sonja has already worn as Crown Princess the 3 big gun tiaras (emeralds, diamond and Pearl tiara).

At the time, as Crown Princess, Sonja was the first lady of the land. M-M isn't.

At the time, as Crown Princess, Sonja was the first lady of the land. M-M isn't.
True. But both Princess Astrid and Princess Ragnhild had aceess to a a big tiara. And neither of them was First Lady afterSonja married in they weren't even HRH anymore

New official photo taken in 2023 with diamond daisy tiara, CP Märthas silver wedding earring and her personal diamond bracelet. What a missed oppurtunerty to debute Queen Mauds diamond tiara with this impressive ball gown.

Back
Top Bottom