Anne, Princess Royal Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for that, I went out to buy point of vie and of course sold out in Paris. better than the one on my iphone!

Of course I was disappointed as well. But in the absence of something really stunning worn on her head, I choose to get exited over a close-up of a mere, simple gold band with some pearls. Sorry if I’m the only one who got so frustrated about the utterly unclear pictures we have seen so far.

Oh, no no no no! I was extremely frustrated by the quality of the photos I've seen. It may not be a tiara, but it's a piece of jewelry I can't place so I'm very curious as to what it is. But, never disappointed in a new piece of jewelry!!

Ayvee, bless you! this is the best (all but not excellent) close up of the "mystery pearl tiara/haircomb" that I've seen. Its always interesting when Royals wear some new adornment for us to drool over.....

Gold and Pearl Bandeau

Again, the images at RJOTWMB are not permanent, so for a more lasting record here's a pic of Princess Anne's bandeau.

The image is courtesy of Tamara and RJOTWMB
I have severely cropped Tamara's blown-up photo so that the small section of the original pic that is attached here is not subject to copyright restriction.

HRH The Princess Royal, State Banquet for the President of India, Windsor Castle, 27 October 2009.

Attachments

• Anne Bandeau Nov09.jpg
    Anne Bandeau Nov09.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
Does anyone know what jewellery Princess Anne wore at the state banquet on Wednesday? The distant view below is the best shot I have seen. The tiara looks like it might be the festoon tiara.

Getty

To me it looks more like her aquamarine tiara. But it is impossible to tell for sure without a clearer picture.

Has she worn the Aquamarine tiara recently? I only remember seeing an old picture of her wearing it. It would have loved a clear modern photo of it.

It does look like the Festoon - it would be nice to see the Aquamarine again. Curse these photographers not getting the full set of shots!

It does look like the Festoon - it would be nice to see the Aquamarine again. Curse these photographers not getting the full set of shots!
In this case, there's no use cursing the poor photographers...
Curse the Windsors instead, for not providing any appriopriate photo opportunities during the Buckingham Palace state banquets.
Heaven knows why they don't (in contrast to banquets at Windsor Castle) and instead decide to NOT give the public what it's due.
I agree that Anne wore the shipping company festoon tiara.

Yes - fair point Boris. You would think that they would set up adequate opps wouldn't you - they seem to come out of all the other RF's big events, with line ups of the whole crowd - just not our lot. Boo.

The Princess Royal wears a new necklace of black and white pearls, with new black pearl stud earrings to Henley Regatta 2010.

Is this an early birthday present for her 60th?

The royals also will have a sea cruise to celebrate birthdays of The Duke of York and the Princess Royal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This tiara is perfectly awful. :eek: I hate it!!!

I am sorry, but I don't agree. It is a very classical design - and it would look wonderful with the right hairdo. Maybe someone could do some photoshopping - and play around with other princesses.
My personal guess is - once Zara Philips is getting married, she will wear this tiara on her wedding day...:whistling:

I'm sorry but I can't get excited at this. A gold hairband with four pearls does not a glittering tiara make. I feel that Princess Anne has let us down. :D

!!!Rascal!!!

Link works, thanks very much. I have never seen these rubies previously, is anybody familiar with their provenance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic

I love the 1st tiara, is she the owner now?

Pic

I love the 1st tiara, is she the owner now?
It is not publicly known if she owns the scroll tiara or if it was loan from the Queen. I think that the same goes for the 2nd tiara. The third tiara was a present from a shipping company, given to Princess Anne when she christened a ship.

It is not publicly known if she owns the scroll tiara or if it was loan from the Queen. I think that the same goes for the 2nd tiara. The third tiara was a present from a shipping company, given to Princess Anne when she christened a ship.

I think the aquamarine tiara was a gift from the Queen Mother.

Thanks Tilia and Stefan

I think the aquamarine tiara was a gift from the Queen Mother.
Do you mean from the Queen Mother to Elizabeth II? The Queen has worn the Cartier aquamarine tiara but it probably became obsolete or surplus to requirements when the large Brazilian aquamarine tiara was created. She gifted the Cartier tiara to Princess Anne who has worn it in a re-fashioned version.

-> see this post: Cartier aquamarine tiara

Do you mean from the Queen Mother to Elizabeth II? The Queen has worn the Cartier aquamarine tiara but it probably became obsolete or surplus to requirements when the large Brazilian aquamarine tiara was created. She gifted the Cartier tiara to Princess Anne who has worn it in a re-fashioned version.

-> see this post: Cartier aquamarine tiara

I thought from the Queen Mother to Princess Anne and Anne then changed it. Have never seen a pic from Queen Elizabeth II. wearing it.

As far as I know the tiara QEII is wearing in this pic was a gift from Brazil in 1968. HM Majesty did not wear it often and subsequently broke it up to create her new aquamarine tiara.
Thus it is not the same as the Cartier pineflower tiara which went from the Queen Mother to Princess Anne.

:previous:
You may well be right, in which case I stand corrected. :)

Back
Top Bottom