The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
At this point one wonders why on earth they are still making a problem about recognizing her. It can't be more humiliating or painful than it is at the moment with one court case after another & the publicity it brings each and every time. Especially as all of Belgium has known for years that he is her father.

What an odd proposal.
Especially as the proposal itself can be seen as the acknowledgement.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:24 AM
Courtier

The more Albert (and Paola) drags this, the worse it is going to get.
Why not acknowledge her and be done with it?
Geez.
Selfish to the core, he doesn't care one iota how this reflects on the Royal Family or anything, all he cares about is to keep his "reputation" intact.
What a load of...

Old 11-15-2018, 04:42 AM
Majesty

Just hypothetical situation:

What would have happened if Delphine as a child fell ill with laeukemia and needed a marrow transplant (and marrow from anyone of her maternal family were not suitable)?
Old 11-15-2018, 05:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post

What would have happened if Delphine as a child fell ill with laeukemia and needed a marrow transplant (and marrow from anyone of her maternal family were not suitable)?
My PERSONAL opinion is that if asked, Philippe would show up to see if he is compatible, he strikes me as the kind of person that wouldn't want to have that in his conscience and would try to help if possible.

Again, that's a personal appreciation in my part, maybe along the way his own children would have done the same once they turn 18.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
The more Albert (and Paola) drags this, the worse it is going to get.
Why not acknowledge her and be done with it?
Geez.
Selfish to the core, he doesn't care one iota how this reflects on the Royal Family or anything, all he cares about is to keep his "reputation" intact.
What a load of...
It's not just exactly him being "selfish "here..It 's his wife who is vehemently against anything near a recognition....The old saying,those who burn their butts,have to sit on the blisters goes all the way here,for both Albert and Paolo who have been frolicking around in the 60's and c 'est ca.They were such a disfunctional lot that Baudouin and Fabiola took over the education of their children to a large degree.Recognise and get it over with and thus stop being the risťe!
Old 12-16-2018, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

In a new Ipsos poll (link), 71% of Belgians state that if Delphine BoŽl is King Albert's daughter he ought to recognize her, and 9% state that he should not.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post

I think i understood that when Delphine was a child there was a closer relationship between her and K.Albert and contact was ended later in life (maybe also connected to K.Albert and Q.Paola growing closer again?).

going by that assumption, if a theoretical situation had occured imo it would have been handled discretely behind closed doors, but K.Albert would have been more prone to participate than he does now the situation is public knowledge
Old 12-17-2018, 03:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
It's not just exactly him being "selfish "here..It 's his wife who is vehemently against anything near a recognition....The old saying,those who burn their butts,have to sit on the blisters goes all the way here,for both Albert and Paolo who have been frolicking around in the 60's and c 'est ca.They were such a disfunctional lot that Baudouin and Fabiola took over the education of their children to a large degree.Recognise and get it over with and thus stop being the risťe!
I totally agree. I think the core of the matter is Paola here, who sees Delphine as a reminder of the turbolent years she and her husband spent apart. But this is utter hypocrisy: being a renewed devout Christian and behaving so selfishly against another human being.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
In a new Ipsos poll (link), 71% of Belgians state that if Delphine BoŽl is King Albert's daughter he ought to recognize her, and 9% state that he should not.
What would be the practical effects of recognition in this case though ?

I suppose there would be financial implications with Delphine being able to claim part of Albert’s inheritance, but, as Duc said, Delphine was probably better off as Jacques BoŽl ‘s heiress then Albert’s.

As far as the line of succession is concerned, the constitution is very clear in limiting it to legitimate descendants , so I don’t see Delphine getting anywhere close to the throne. And I don’t see King Philippe issuing a royal decree either to make her a princess of Belgium (which wouldn’t make sense anyway) or even only granting her a title in the Belgian nobility.

On a personal level, she won’t have a relationship with her biological father now, especially after dragging him to the courts as she did, and she seems to have burned the bridge to her adoptive father also.

So, other than getting revenge for her mom and winning bragging rights as a King’s daughter, it doesn’t seem to me that she gained much from her crusade for recognition and may even lose out, at least financially.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

I suppose there would be financial implications with Delphine being able to claim part of Albert’s inheritance, but, as Duc said, Delphine was probably better offer as Jacques BoŽl ‘s heiress then Albert’s.

As far as the line of succession is concerned, the constitution is very clear in limiting it to legitimate descendants , so I don’t see Delphine getting anywhere close to the throne. And I don’t see King Philippe issuing a royal decree either to make her a princess of Belgium (which wouldn’t make sense anyway) or even only granting her a title in the Belgian nobility.

On a personal level, she won’t have a relationship with her biological father now, especially after dragging him to the courts as she did, and she seems to have burned the bridge to her adoptive father also.

So, other than getting revenge for her mom and winning bragging rights as a King’s daughter, it doesn’t seem to me that she gained much from her crusade for recognition and may even lose out, at least financially.
As daughter of Jonkheer Jacques BoŽl, Delphine was already a hoogwelgeboren jonkvrouw (high- and wellborn jonkvrouw) and part of the Nobility.

Since she ended the legal paternity of Jacques BoŽl, Delphine is not only no longer a heiress, she will also loose her nobility.

With all her actions, she has upset lots of people but on the outlook had little gain.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
As daughter of Jonkheer Jacques BoŽl, Delphine was already a hoogwelgeboren jonkvrouw (high- and wellborn jonkvrouw) and part of the Nobility.

Since she ended the legal paternity of Jacques BoŽl, Delphine is not only no longer a heiress, she will also loose her nobility.
It may or may not be the case that Delphine will lose her title of nobility. I could not find a source (and asked in message #1118).

I am not certain when the legal paternity of Jacques BoŽl will be ended. According to Delphine's lawyer last month, she will remain registered as the legal daughter of Jacques BoŽl until the action is finalized.

Affaire Delphine BoŽl : le roi Albert II peut-il s'opposer ŗ un test ADN? - La Libre

In any event, it seems clear to me from the interviews given by Delphine and her lawyers that she is neither asking for, nor expecting to receive, any financial or legal gains.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I suppose there would be financial implications with Delphine being able to claim part of Albertís inheritance, but, as Duc said, Delphine was probably better offer as Jacques BoŽl Ďs heiress then Albertís.

As far as the line of succession is concerned, the constitution is very clear in limiting it to legitimate descendants , so I donít see Delphine getting anywhere close to the throne. And I donít see King Philippe issuing a royal decree either to make her a princess of Belgium (which wouldnít make sense anyway) or even only granting her a title in the Belgian nobility.

On a personal level, she wonít have a relationship with her biological father now, especially after dragging him to the courts as she did, and she seems to have burned the bridge to her adoptive father also.

So, other than getting revenge for her mom and winning bragging rights as a Kingís daughter, it doesnít seem to me that she gained much from her crusade for recognition and may even lose out, at least financially.
Honestly? It's not about title or money here. She had both. Financially, her legal father was far wealthier than the King from my understanding and she was his sole heir as opposed to having to share it with the King's other children. And I don't think it's ever been her motivation to be in line to the throne. It's about recognition and perhaps a bit of vindication. From what I've read, her and Albert had a good relationship while growing up. It wasn't until the rumors became public that they had issues. She asked Albert to help her mother with the press, and Albert told her she's not his daughter. And here we are.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Nothing will happen when King Albert II is alive.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I suppose there would be financial implications with Delphine being able to claim part of Albert’s inheritance, but, as Duc said, Delphine was probably better offer as Jacques BoŽl ‘s heiress then Albert’s.

I don't think she cares about money, the throne or no longer a personal relationship with a man that she was close to while young. It was the huge hurt that she received when he turned his back on her like a wimp when he reunited with his wife declaring she was not his daughter in such a public way. Hurt feelings by a parent. She was made to feel superfluous and unnecessary. Lousy feeling for anyone. She just wants proper recognition as a human that was created by her birth father. Apparently done world wide these days. Very important to many.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The lawyers of Delphine Boel yesterday released a statement announcing that King Albert II still did not take a DNA test.

Today Albert's lawyers confirm that the king will appeal the verdict at the court of cassation. The appeal has the effect that it postpones the demands of the previous verdict, so the King can postpone handing over his DNA until his cased is judged anew.

Zaak-Delphine BoŽl: koning Albert weigert DNA-staal en gaat ... (Brussel) - De Standaard
Old 02-01-2019, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I guess he’s going to just keep dragging this on.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

The new judicial precedents developed in this case will probably be taken into account in other future paternity challenges, so while I understand why Delphine hopes for a prompt final decision, it will be better for future applicants if the court of cassation can deliver a clearer understanding of the legal principles involved.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Never a Judgement will happen when King Albert Ii is alive.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I suppose there would be financial implications with Delphine being able to claim part of Albertís inheritance, but, as Duc said, Delphine was probably better off as Jacques BoŽl Ďs heiress then Albertís.

As far as the line of succession is concerned, the constitution is very clear in limiting it to legitimate descendants , so I donít see Delphine getting anywhere close to the throne. And I donít see King Philippe issuing a royal decree either to make her a princess of Belgium (which wouldnít make sense anyway) or even only granting her a title in the Belgian nobility.

On a personal level, she wonít have a relationship with her biological father now, especially after dragging him to the courts as she did, and she seems to have burned the bridge to her adoptive father also.

So, other than getting revenge for her mom and winning bragging rights as a Kingís daughter, it doesnít seem to me that she gained much from her crusade for recognition and may even lose out, at least financially.
I have to say, I completely agree with you on this. I just don't see the necessity in dragging all this out. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I am quite sure he knew in November that he was going to take this route but waited until the last few days to announce, to make sure another 3 months passed to increase the chance that he will not be alive by the time all his options of avoiding the DNA-test are gone.

What is the timeline for a cassation case?

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii