State Visit from Luxembourg to The Netherlands: April 24-26, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
magnik said:
WOOOOW.
Is it first time when MT wear this big tiara?
Beatrix should wear big tiara too:D She is very goldish today's evening.
What tiara Maxima wear?

Maxima wears the Aquamarine Tiara, I think!

Máxima wears the Aquamarine Parure and Beatrix wears the Pearl Button Tiara. :)

Margriet wears the Emerald tiara, it's almost hidden in her hair but it seems that's the way the Oranjes like to wear tiaras.
It's a shame that they never wear the big tiara's anymore. I suppose 80% of the jewels the own aren't used anymore...., it's always the same with Beatrix c.s.

Images from getty and anp

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 625
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 405
  • 2907236.jpg
    2907236.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 346
  • 2907264.jpg
    2907264.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 415
  • 2907343.jpg
    2907343.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 371
  • 2907382.jpg
    2907382.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Well, I'm not a fan of Maxima's Aquamarine Parure. She looks strange on it. It looks like horns or smth. Maybe she should wear her star tiara from wedding?

magnik said:
Beatrix is not the only one who doesn't like wear big a tiara. Probably that's the reason why Sofia and Silvia doesn't wear their big tiaras.
Btw Beatrix dress is very beautiful.. no matter that is too goldish.

Did Maria Teresa wore this dress before? I think that looks like this one from Visit to Spain and Haakon's wedding.
But Silvia does wear a lot of big tiaras like the Nine-Pronge-Tiara the Cameo-Tiara and the Leuchtenberg-Sapphire-Tiara the Braganca Diamand Tiara is only worn when there a State-Visits from other Monarchs or important Presidents. And Sofia started to wear the bigger Cartier-Diamand and Pearl Tiara which she has worn to almost State Visits to Spain since the Danish Crown Princely Wedding, where she has worn it the first time after 10 years or so. She only seldom wears the Fleurs-de-Lys Tiara the last time was at the State-Visit to Belgium in 2000.

Last edited:
Stefan said:
But Silvia does wear a lot of big tiaras like the Nine-Pronge-Tiara the Cameo-Tiara and the Leuchtenberg-Sapphire-Tiara the Braganca Diamand Tiara is only worn when there a State-Visits from other Monarchs or important Presidents. And Sofia started to wear the bigger Cartier-Diamand and Pearl Tiara which she has worn to almost State Visits to Spain since the Danish Crown Princely Wedding, where she has worn it the first time after 10 years or so. She only seldom weary the Fleurs-de-Lys Tiara the last time was at the State-Visit to Belgium in 2000.
I was thinking about Silvia's Braganca Tiara and Sofia's Ansorena Tiara - both looks very heavy.

The evening look of Maxima and MT is a definite improvement over their daywear. I actually like the aquamarine, it complemented her dress and shawl.

magnik said:
I was thinking about Silvia's Braganca Tiara and Sofia's Ansorena Tiara - both looks very heavy.
But the have worn them but rarely. Beatrix has never worn her biggest Tiara the Stuart-Diamand-Tiara which was frequently worn by Queen Juliana the last time at her State-Visit to the UK in 1971 and her second biggest the Sapphire-Tiara was worn the last time in 1992. From the four big tiara in the dutch Royal Collection the only one she wears frequently is the Württemberg-Diamand and Pearl Tiara and this one in a smaller setting.

Last edited:
Stefan said:
But the have worn them but rarely. Beatrix has never worn her biggest Tiara the Stuart-Diamand-Tiara which was frequently worn by Queen Juliana the last time at her State-Visit to the UK in 1971 and her second biggest the Sapphire-Tiara was worn the last time in 1992. From the four big tiara in the dutch Royal Collection the only one she wears frequently is the Württemberg-Diamand and Pearl Tiara and this one in a smaller setting.
As I wrote before probably they wore them rarely becouse these tiaras are big and haevy.

That necklace the Grand Duchess has on is stunning! Does anyone know anything about it? The diamonds look enormous...

I have to let go of some personal frustrations:

I wonder why the Queen doesn't sell most of her jewelry collection anyway as 2/3 of it is collecting dust in the vaults and the nicest pieces haven't been seen for ages. If she even let's herself be outshined by a 'mere' Grand Duchess (not only in tiara, also in neclace & brooch) she might want to sell them all, as it is of no use anyway. I wonder what thing she will hide in her hair during her state visit to Belgium, when Queen paola will be standing next to her with the diademe of the nine provinces she will probably wear the eternal floral motive tiara. Margriet might leave the tiara's at home as well as she always goes out of her ways to hide the tiara in her hair. What's the use of it then? Maybe they are afraid of burglars, hence the hiding.
I do not like the tiara Maxima is wearing either, but anything is better then her horrible barbie/ star diademe IMO.

And now I am at it: it would be nice if Laurentien and Constantijn started to join these occassions as well, especially when such close neighbours are visiting!

On a more positive note: chapeau for the Grand Duchess, I was hoping to see this tiara on her, and luckily she can wear it without the diademe becoming to overwhelming.

The dress of HM is in a class of its own, I rather like it, it is very Royal, a sort of costume. The Grand Duchess looks lovely in pink, Maxima's dress isn't anything to special, usually she wears more special things.

Last edited:
Photos from Royal Images

Attachments

• RI240416.jpg
    RI240416.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 309
  • RI240417.jpg
    RI240417.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 262
  • RI240425.jpg
    RI240425.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 301
  • RI240426.jpg
    RI240426.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 305
  • RI240427.jpg
    RI240427.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 413
  • RI240428.jpg
    RI240428.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 389
  • RI240429.jpg
    RI240429.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 264
  • RI240430.jpg
    RI240430.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 358
marakimou said:
That necklace the Grand Duchess has on is stunning! Does anyone know anything about it? The diamonds look enormous...

Yes, they look so big you could buy a small country with them :D But the thing on her head is hideous, it makes her look like a mad beauty queen. Or Miss Havisham. And to these poignant words I have wasted my 100th post.

-L :p

More state banquet photos from Royal Images

Attachments

• RI240420.jpg
    RI240420.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 364
  • RI240421.jpg
    RI240421.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 523
  • RI240419.jpg
    RI240419.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 353
  • RI240422.jpg
    RI240422.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 365
  • RI240423.jpg
    RI240423.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 333
  • RI240424.jpg
    RI240424.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 381
  • RI240432.jpg
    RI240432.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 291
  • RI240433.jpg
    RI240433.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 310
  • RI240434.jpg
    RI240434.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 377
  • RI240435.jpg
    RI240435.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 314
2 more from Royal images

Attachments

• RI240436.jpg
    RI240436.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 429
  • RI240437.jpg
    RI240437.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 341
I hope Maxima and Maria Teresa not wear similar outfits to the same event again. I guess both are Nathan's and the designer should know not to dress the two in similar outfits for the same event.

I consider the Grand Duchess equal rank to a Queen - highest royal woman in a family. I am glad to see Maria Teresa finally wear the biggest tiara in the family's jewelry. I hope Maria Teresa will wear more jewelry from the family's vault. I think the necklace is too much with the tiara, but Grand Duchess Maria Teresa is probably happy to finally wear the big one. Overall Grand Duchess Maria Teresa looks perfect. The necklace appears to be the wedding tiara worn by women in her family.

Queen Beatrix has several tiara which are bigger than that one. If she wants to wear a smaller one, then good for the queen.

Marengo said:
I have to let go of some personal frustrations:
Thanks for exactly expressing my feelings... ;)
I think it's such a shame that we always seem to get to see the same pieces. I think I'll neutralize to Swedish citizenship...
But I'd say: wait a little longer with selling them off untill W-A becomes king, maybe Maxima starts wearing some of the older pieces? (Wishfull thinking, I guess...)

Totally agree with you on the Constantijn and Laurentien thing. It surely is about time they start attending these kind of events too, since they will be spare King and Queen within a few years...

The tiara of M-T is way too grand when she wears her hair down... That size of a jewel demands a hairstyle like Queen Silvia's or Queen Margrethe's.

Now I am over the first shock ;) I realise the golden dress of the Queen has enough glitter to compensate. I am still somewhat disappointed that she leaves the nicest pieces locked up though, such a waste. We can only hope Maxima will have a different policy (and takes a hint from her collegue from Luxembourg).

I was hoping the Queen would wear Queen Emma's sapphire tiara, as she did in the previous incoming/outgoing statevisits with Luxembourg (and as her mother did as well). But I have to confess she looks adorable in this combination, it looks very soft on her. She seems to enjoy the visit as she smiles & smiles & smiles... Nevertheless what struck me (even before the tiara-affair did) was that she looks pale-ish and older then that I am used, a bit frail even.

Maxima's necklace seems modified, it seems 'rounder' and shorter then on older pictures (of Juliana), it looks much better this way. Margriet is wearing the emerald tiara without the emerald or pearls. It is a lovely bandeau like this, but as I said, it disappears.

The setting of the banquet looks great IMO, much better then the icy white background of The palace on the Dam. The flowers are just lovely.

--

I just saw the statebanquet on the news, the diamonds of Maria Theresa were eyecatchers, the glittered and glittered, it looked amazing!

Last edited:
rere said:
I hope Maxima and Maria Teresa not wear similar outfits to the same event again. I guess both are Nathan's and the designer should know not to dress the two in similar outfits for the same event.

It's not the designer who dresses them! He makes the collection, they buy pieces and decide themselves what to wear when.

The colors that Maxima is choosing for this state visit are really vibrant colors. The Queen looks great in her outfit.

Marengo said:
Nevertheless what struck me (even before the tiara-affair) was that she looks pale-ish and older then that I am used, a bit frail even.
Yes, I was thinking the same. Can be the light, of course.

Here's a pic of the arrival from www.koninklijkhuis.nl (original source royal images) with a iny tiny little watermark...

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

I agree with Marengo and Maxie -- the first thing I thought when I saw the Queen in her gold evening dress was how old she looked. Could it be the color of the dress against her skin? Maybe it's not her color. But I have to say -- I really don't like any of today's day or evening outfits. Maxima's gown this evening is pretty but I think she should have used a pale blue shawl to tone with the aquamarines...or something because she has a very uncoordinated look IMO.

I was wondering which language they use to conversate? German? Or just good old English?

I believe the Queen held her speech in english. Maxima doesn't talk german, so I assume the talk in english as well...or maybe spanish (Maxima and Marie-Theresa)?

Oh yes, of course. From time to time I tend to forget that Maxima doesn't speak German. :eek:

More pics of the arrival and the banquet from polfoto... :)

Attachments

• aankomst17.jpg
    aankomst17.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 339
  • aankomst18.jpg
    aankomst18.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 243
  • aankomst19.jpg
    aankomst19.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 307
  • aankomst20.jpg
    aankomst20.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 288
  • staatsbanket05.jpg
    staatsbanket05.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 326
Is there a link availabe to the speeches? I'd love to know what was said!
Henri and Beatrix seem to be quite clsoe, which is great to see..

Back
Top Bottom