State Visit from Jordan to The Netherlands: October 30-November 2, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
asturiana said:
Peace should not be imposed unilaterally- King Abdullah II (from Petra)

another picture from Petra:

Empress said:
What is Laurentien wearing. The photo is not so great, so I can't see too well, but from a distance it looks like it is not that flattering!

And I am not at all sure about the black gloves that Queen Rania is wearing. They do not seem to go with the dress very well, and I am a great fan of gloves!

I also wish that she had worn her hair up. IMO Tiaras look so much better with an updo!

I agree. In my opinion is too much going on with Rania, hair, gloves, tiara,the cut of the dress, but she looks so beautiful still!

Her_Majesty said:
Queen Beatrix wears the Drop Pearl Tiara and recycled the dress she allready wore for the StateVisit from Luxembourg. (I don't really like this dress:ermm: , but I love the tiara!)

Laurentien wears the Ears of the wreath Tiara, I think. I hope we will get another view of her dress!

I don't know exactly, but I think Margriet wears the Emerald parure (Maxima just wore it several weeks ago).

Ranja looks stunning! The Tiara and the dress are gorgeous!

I think Laurentien wears the Laurel-Wreath Tiara which she also wore on her Wedding-Day. The ears of Weath tiara worn all daughters-in-law of Princess margriet on her wedding day is not so full on the front.

Noor Looks soo pregnant, I sw her on TV, it looks like it a matter of 2 or 3 months and we'll hear some news....
Congrats!

Jewels are wonderful, but I don´t like Laurentien's dress and Rania's glowes.
I just love events like this :wub:

the gloved dun go well at all with the dress, I wonder why she's wearing them,even though the Tiara is too big, but I love her hair it doesn't look that bad guys, and her make up is so nice too.

RachelD said:
I don't think Rania's tiara goes with the hairstyle she has.
I have to agree. She should have worn her hair up like Princess Noor who looks very classy...and pregnant. it's strange that Jordanian Court didn't announce her pregnancy..

i think the sides of queen ranias tiara is arabic writting - calligraphically. from right to left.

Oh very good! Some close-ups!:flowers:

I'm not sure about Margriet's tiara;
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=15&id=10343&zoektype=2&search=30-10-2006%20Gala
PPE
Is it the "New Diamond and Pearl Tiara" ?????
(http://members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau/new_page_11.htm)

You are right Stefan! It's the Laurel Wreath Tiara that Laurentien wears!
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=10351&zoektype=2&search=30-10-2006%20Gala
PPE
Fantastic view of the tiara!
But I don't know what to think about Laurentien's hair!:ermm:

Oh, Rania's dress was purple and her gloves brown? I thought they were all black! I guess it was the light in the picture that made it seem like her dress was black...

ZZZ said:
i think the sides of queen ranias tiara is arabic writting - calligraphically. from right to left.

That's what it looks like...but not sure...It's a beautiful tiara, but I just don't like the way it looks with her hair. Maybe if the tiara were further back on her head....?:ermm:

Her_Majesty said:
Oh very good! Some close-ups!:flowers:

I'm not sure about Margriet's tiara;
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=15&id=10343&zoektype=2&search=30-10-2006%20Gala
PPE
Is it the "New Diamond and Pearl Tiara" ?????
(http://members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau/new_page_11.htm)
Yes it is the basis of the Emerald Tiara with pearl Spikes.

Her_Majesty said:
You are right Stefan! It's the Laurel Wreath Tiara that Laurentien wears!
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=10351&zoektype=2&search=30-10-2006%20Gala
PPE
Fantastic view of the tiara!
But I don't know what to think about Laurentien's hair!:ermm:

I think it looks quiet good. With her very short hair you can not make to much and it would lokk strange if she put a tiara on her "normal" hairdo. And much better than Ranias Hair-Style.

Last edited:
Designers?

I can't figure out who designed Rania's two day outfits and evening gown. I suspect the velvet navy blazer at the welcoming ceremony is by YSL, but I'm not sure. I've seen the grey blazer before but I don't know where, and the evening gown is familiar, too.

Does anyone else know?

As for the tiara, it looks like a piece of jewelry that can be worn both as a tiara and a necklace. In fact, when I first saw it, my impression was that it was actually a necklace that had been converted into a tiara.

ZZZ said:

I can see it....... ur right.....

lil Monkey said:
Noor Looks soo pregnant, I sw her on TV, it looks like it a matter of 2 or 3 months and we'll hear some news....
Congrats!

Oh yeah, your right that Princess Noor looks so pregnanct... So she must be... you can see easier in change of her........
Is she herself Arab? Is she from in the family or ??? I am just interesting to know...

Last edited by a moderator:
syima said:
Oh yeah, your right that Princess Noor looks so pregnanct... So she must be... you can see easier in change of her........
Is she herself Arab? Is she from in the family or ??? I am just interesting to know...
Yea she's prince Hamzah's cousin...

Queen Beatrix looks stunning and majestic. Poor Rania seems to be having an off-day.

asturiana said:
more Pictures from Petra:

Hi there, thank so much for posting to here.... where did u get the first picture on left side from?? I dont see it from Petra news... Its really beautiful pixs...

Last edited by a moderator:
princes noor lookes very elegant, classy and very pregnant Congrats!:flowers:
I like the twoo day outfits of rania but for the evenning I am not sur like BeatrixFan said she seems to be having an off-day this time.

Yikes! The gloves are BROWN! That's even worse than when they (I thought) were black! YIKES!

Empress said:
Yikes! The gloves are BROWN! That's even worse than when they (I thought) were black! YIKES!
LOL I thought the same, black is bad but not as bad as brown!LOL

Well, finally a nice tiara and outfit for Laurentien! She looks nice, and I have never seen Louise's bandeau looking better.
Queen Beatrix looks nice to, very statuesque and majestic. I like her jewels, but I always prefer whopper-tiara's.
Margriet had to use the smaller drop pearls for the emerald tiara, which look much better on it. They should never use the big drop pearls (that Q Beatrix has on her tiara now) on this tiara again.

Queen Rania has had better days. Though she is a pretty woman, I do not like the combination of the l'oreal wave hair with a tiara. The dress must be very unpractical, it has the shape of a mermaid, which must be difficult with her foot problems. Still I like the way she stoically accompanies her husband on this visit.
King Abdallah seems radiant on all the pictures I saw & seems a very good natured man, almost fond to see Queen Beatrix (though it is easy to read to much into facial expressions on photos).
Princess Noor looks great IMO, she seems to glow and I like her discrete tiara.
Princess Rahma looks nice to, very nice embroidery/pattern on her dress.

very nice pictures all of them Who is the couple on the right above ??? on the official picture ???

I usually love Rania's outfits, but this one has way too much going on, as a previous poster noted. It's like she put on all her favorite new things at once even though they don't really go together. Very strange, and not really flattering.

Have one of our Arabic posters figured out the calligraphy in her tiara says? I'm very curious. Is that a new tiara, or one that has been in the family?

Is there a better picture of Rahma (I think that's her; the one behind Abdullah?). Her dress looks really nice. I also like her hair pulled up and back, but then left to hang loose down her back. My favorite outfit tonight!

Laurentien's dress is very nice too. Though I think I would have liked a necklace to fill in that wide neckline. I know there isn't much she can do with hair that short, but it's pulled back so tight.

Love Margriet's black dress with the glorious pearls in contrast. She always dresses so well.

The pics are wonderful. Is stunnig see Rania make esford to remain all the apoitmans. I just don't like very mucht the gala dress, the tiara and the hiar do. Something is beating bad...!

Princess Noor looks the best in my opinion. She looks absolutely beautiful and radiant!:)

Hello, can someone identify the lady behind King Abdullah in the group photo? She looks like she is wearing the tiara Queen Rania wore during a state visit to England - where she wore a black lace top and black leather skirt. Can someone confirm if it is indeed Queen Rania's tiara. Not sure if my eyes are deceiving me. Thanks.

-ayvee

Back
Top Bottom