The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last video at the :40 mark is just so adorable. When the little girl made her tiny curtsey to Kate, it looked like Kate also bobbed in unison with the child. Too sweet.....

She is doing it instinctively, I think, in order not to loose the eye contact with the little girl. Kind of her. I liked the scene when she unveiled the plaque together with the little boy and checked beforehand if Ethan was ready and then did it so that the kid really could be successful in doing it in unisono with her.She really has a great hand for kids. Plus it appears that she has the same inner attitude to (let's face it: sometimes boring) Royal duties as HM: she sees the reaction of the people and does it for them. And the people feel her hnest wish to be there for them. Even if she can only be a gallion figure in so many ways - but she is a kind one.

I agree with you. She has done so well. It's as if she has been doing this all her life. I'm impressed with how good she is with children. She's more at ease with them than with adults (not at all shocking, because children are more genuine, and if they don't like you, they'll avoid you at all costs). Catherine's compassion for others is beautiful to watch. She's very engaged with whomever it is she's speaking to. I can imagine that it makes others feel at ease. She has no airs about her, and I hope she remains this way.

Well said! I'm in complete agreement. She's an asset to the Royal Family, United Kingdom, and the rest of the Commonwealth.

That's what really makes me admire this woman. She's not afraid to share herself. She's sincere and it's very evident. She's not afraid to give a hug, or to get down and be a little silly so that a little one can smile. She has a magic touch. She gave the kids some very fond memories to have and think about when they're dealing with unpleasant medical treatments.
Beautiful post Daria. I agree with it 100%! The bold section is my favorite part of the post.... sounds so familiar;).... I wonder why!:lol:

Wow that will be interesting to see her images in wax. I suppose they will look acurate. I just looked at the William and Harry figures but dont think they look exactly like them. I dont know, just my opinion.

I agree, LadyGabrielle, the figures of William and Harry are just off somehow.

I almost dread to see what the 4 figures of Kate will look like.

That's so cute that she told that little kid the name of her dog and that he's not telling anyone. That'll show the press! :)

I agree - I think that is priceless!!!

That's so cute that she told that little kid the name of her dog and that he's not telling anyone. That'll show the press! :)

Hmmm....now what bribe would the press give that child to reveal this tidbit if they deem it really newsworthy? ;) That's if he's even bribeable!!!

Last edited:
Loved seeing Kate hug the little children, so affectionate and warm. Am looking forward to seeing the wax figure!

:previous:Hopefully it'll look more lifelike and less scary than some of these bridal dolls on the market!:lol:

Beautiful post Daria. I agree with it 100%! The bold section is my favorite part of the post.... sounds so familiar;).... I wonder why!:lol:

I guess it's the old thing... Boys look for that special something of Mums in their own wife. Lucky if they find it (especially in this case) and happy because they get their deepest wish!

(That's at least what hubbie tells me - and there are some similarities between my MiL and me...:whistling:)

She just looks so natural interacting with people, like she was born to do it. She looks happy and so beautiful. Can't help but being proud of her, I think she's done an amazing job so far.

:previous:It does sound familiar...the Queen in her youth and the late Queen Mother were just as affectionate...

I asked them if they would post any pics from her visit like the hospital did and they replied back to me:
TheBrink @BrinkLiverpool @Kristinazzz9191 Thanks, hope it's tasty! Yes, we'll have some exclusive photos from the visit up soon!

Also for anyone who wants the full details on how to make the "Duchess" here's the full recipe: https://twitter.com/#!/BrinkLiverpool/status/169828678887419906/photo/1

Some exclusive shots from Kate's visit to Alder Hey Hospital
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzfv2hDK5m1rp9wbno1_500.jpg
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzfvbfIkl31rp9wbno1_500.jpg
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzfy26GUxi1r8thv5o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
FOUR? Four wax figures of Kate? Why, all she did was get married. I visited Madame T's in London and vowed never to return. My wax figure looks nothing like me.

Last edited:
Kate is getting a wax figure and one of them is to be beside her husband William except the others will have Kate in different dresses and I believe the one in new York gets Kate with the wedding dress. I just don't understand why not the same one for all Madame tussauds? Plus Kate will be the one personally viewing her wax figure.

Also for anyone who wants the full details on how to make the "Duchess" here's the full recipe: https://twitter.com/#!/BrinkLiverpool/status/169828678887419906/photo/1

Gosh! Honestly, I don't think this will become a Standard Alcohol-Free Cocktail. It's so nurturing. But then The Brink Bar has customers who need to get more weight, no matter how and this surely is a very healthy way to dring a lot of energy. But who else might be able to stomach that?

Here's my alternative:

Get some very good marcipan. Sugar is as healthy as honey and this way it's easier to work with. Plus you get some really nice roast aromas with the marcipan (letovers from Xmas?). Put it in a blender and mix it with milk and banana till smooth. Put it in a shaker and shake for a short time till cool enough. Pour in a glass and season it with either grounded All Spice or Nutmeg.

But then this is a real nice breakfast smoothie! But skip the Cream, please. It's rich enough as it is....

FOUR? Four wax figures of Kate? Why, all she did was get married. I visited Madame T's in London and vowed never to return. My was figure looks nothing like me.

So far I thought they need to get permission to show people's likeness in wax. In your case you should have refused the honour, dear.:flowers:

So far I thought they need to get permission to show people's likeness in wax. In your case you should have refused the honour, dear.:flowers:

Hee, hee, hee. Well, how could I refuse? It is the only way I could get in the same room as George Harrison (sigh).

Presumably Madame Tussauds feel that Kate is popular enough that people in several counties will want to see it.

I'm not a fan of wax figures (the ones of William and Harry creep me out), but perhaps Catherine's will not look like a psycho serial killer. The video from the 'TODAY' show was very lovely, and summed up the day pretty well. I'm glad Catherine was able to share herself on a day that focuses on giving love.

Wax Kate in London is Issa Blue Engagement Kate. The New York Kate is BAFTA LA Reception Kate. Amsterdam Kate is War Horse Black Lace Dress Kate and the Blackpool Kate is ARK Gala Reception Kate which is similar to BAFTA Kate.

Looking at Wax William, hopefully they will give him a new head. The current one has way too much hair.

I'm not a fan of wax figures (the ones of William and Harry creep me out), but perhaps Catherine's will not look like a psycho serial killer. The video from the 'TODAY' show was very lovely, and summed up the day pretty well. I'm glad Catherine was able to share herself on a day that focuses on giving love.

Some of them look good but others just look freaky as all get out. If one was made of me i would refuse to go see it.

Kate revealed that she is a fan of TOWIE (The Only Way is Essex), a trash TV docu soap with real life "actors" channelling Katie Price (women with lots of fake hair, lips, nails, spray tan, boob jobs etc).

The Only Way Is Essex: Duchess of Cambridge Kate gives TOWIE the royal seal of approval by admitting she's a fan | Mail Online

We all have our guilty pleasures, I guess. After all, something mindless can be good after a stressful day (not that I would know, since I don't watch television....but I do read fan fiction, so I guess I'm familiar with the concept).

Kate revealed that she is a fan of TOWIE (The Only Way is Essex), a trash TV docu soap with real life "actors" channelling Katie Price (women with lots of fake hair, lips, nails, spray tan, boob jobs etc).

The Only Way Is Essex: Duchess of Cambridge Kate gives TOWIE the royal seal of approval by admitting she's a fan | Mail Online
Hey, I also read somewhere that supposedly she and the Duke, are also fans of Downton Abbey, so we cannot be too hard on her....:lol:
But the fact that she likes the kind of program TOWIE is ( do not have it in the U.S, would not watch even if we did) surprises me.
But as you say, we all have our guilty pleasures!;)

Hey, I also read somewhere that supposedly she and the Duke, are also fans of Downton Abbey, so we cannot be too hard on her....:lol:
But the fact that she likes the kind of program TOWIE is ( do not have it in the U.S, would not watch even if we did) surprises me.
But as you say, we all have our guilty pleasures!;)

I remember reading about that too. So, yes, that gives them both a lot of points in my book, and maybe even cancels out the fact that she watches some bad reality TV. Like you, I won't watch that kind of program. The concept rings too much of a show that is popular and deals with some sort of housewives. Don't ask. I'm not a TV watcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom