Princess Eugenie of York's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tells us just how deep the vault is.
Agree. Not quite sure what all is sitting in there unseen.

Would love to see the Grenville Emerald Kokoshnik next on Camilla or Catherine, with the Greville emerald and diamond necklace.

My guess is there is no more York tiara ...
But wait and see.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

What does surprise me is that Eugenie is wearing a tiara with emeralds; I think it's the first time a Windsor bride wore colored stones for her wedding!

It is really beautiful though, and suits Eugenie so well.

I think she wore the tiara she wanted , it matches with the autumn colors and also her bridesmaids in green. This was planned from the beginning. I love her whole look
regal and elegant but her own.

So much for royal watchers swearing up and down that royal British brides do not wear coloured stones! Just goes to show that royal watchers do not know everything.

So much for royal watchers swearing up and down that royal British brides do not wear coloured stones! Just goes to show that royal watchers do not know everything.
Depends how you define royal watchers. Fact is, it remains highly unusual for a British royal bride to wear a tiara with coloured stones.

What a wonderful surprise indeed. I had no idea that this tiara existed. It is absolutely beautiful.

Totally agree. Didn't know this one existed. It's an absolutely stunning tiara.

Loving this tiara if only for the fact it has color in it!!
although the shape reminds me too much of the one Meghan wore.

As for the strathemore (sp) rose: can we save it for Lady Louise? I feel like it’s delicate structure will fit her beautifully!

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends how you define royal watchers. Fact is, it remains highly unusual for a British royal bride to wear a tiara with coloured stones.
Some posters on this very site gave the impression that it will never happen! Never say never!

Some posters on this very site gave the impression that it will never happen! Never say never!
Well, it was a first, wasn't it? Seeing Eugenie with this tiara on her special day was nothing that could be guessed from looking at former British royal brides. (As nobody would have guessed that she'd forego the veil, but that's another topic.)

One of many surprises from today's wedding, but definitely one of the nicest! It's a beautiful tiara, and it looks spectacular on Eugenie. Unfortunately, it makes me wonder if the York tiara is no longer in Sarah's possession.

I am in love with this tiara. It suits her so well. Eugenie looks beautiful in jewel tones, and this tiara doesn't disappoint. I think her entire wedding look is gorgeous.

Loved the tiara. I keep telling folks that there’s a lot of surprises in that royal vault. You just have to dig and dust off those jewels.

Loving this tiara if only for the fact it has color in it!!
although the shape reminds me too much of the one Meghan wore.

As for the strathemore (sp) rose: can we save it for Lady Louise? I feel like it’s delicate structure will fit her beautifully!

I think the two tiaras are quite different. Meghan’s was a bandeau whereas Eugenie’s is a kokoshnik. Eugenie’s is a more impressive piece IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a big fan of the emerald element in the tiara but Eugenie looked wonderful!

LaRae

I think the two tiaras are quite different. Meghan’s was a bandeau whereas Eugenie’s is a kokoshnik. Eugenie’s is a more impressive IMHO.

I actually think they are both bandeaus. I have to brush up on my tiara knowledge later today and will amend if I'm wrong.

Wow, she looks so beautiful! Love the emeralds!! Good for her for doing her own thing!!!

According to The Telegraph, the central emerald stone is 93.7 carat.

One of many surprises from today's wedding, but definitely one of the nicest! It's a beautiful tiara, and it looks spectacular on Eugenie. Unfortunately, it makes me wonder if the York tiara is no longer in Sarah's possession.

The last we heard about it was when some years ago a former boyfriend of Eugenie (I think? Or was it Beatrice) discribed a visit to the Royal Lodge to the media and told how his girlfriend/hostess showed him the York tiara in a drawer in Sarah's bedroom and said that Sarah kept it for them because she would never have an opportunity to wear it herself. So she held on to it during her times in debt, so I'M sure she still has it.

As for Eugenie's wedding tiara, maybe this is one of the pieces Charles will give to his nieces after he inherits from his mother via souverain's inheritance, which is taxfree. IIRC you need to be alive for some years after gifting such valuable jewellery, so that's maybe why the queen did not give the tiara directly as a wedding gift, like she used to do with her own daughter and her daughter's-in-law. Same with Catherine and Meghan, I'm sure they are gifted jewellery from the queen via Charles when HM dies. Didn't get Anne something from Queen Mum via the queen?

Last edited:
As for Eugenie's wedding tiara, maybe this is one of the pieces Charles will give to his nieces after he inherits from his mother via souverain's inheritance, which is taxfree. IIRC you need to be alive for some years after gifting such valuable jewellery, so that's maybe why the queen did not give the tiara directly as a wedding gift, like she used to do with her own daughter and her daughter's-in-law. Same with Catherine and Meghan, I'm sure they are gifted jewellery from the queen via Charles when HM dies. Didn't get Anne something from Queen Mum via the queen?
I do so hope this tiara does not end up with the York girls a nd remains within the main line. The York girls are unlikely to need tiaras very often, and can always borrow when required.

Last edited:
A Kokoshnik is different from a Bandeau tiara.

For years there has been speculation about the existence of this tiara. Many posters on rjwmb knew it existed but couldn't understand why it was never seen. Tis a beautiful piece and Eugenie looked lovely with it and thankfully had the hair for it.
Camilla wears the Greville boucheron honeycomb tiara which was a favourite of the Queen mothers. Also Camilla wears the Greville 5 strands of diamond necklace. The Mrs Ronnie Greville inheritance is quite substantial. And I bet Geoffrey Munn is delighted to see this beautiful tiara make an appearance after all this time.

It does make one wonder what other treasures we haven't seen from the vaults.
I agree that Sarah is keeping her York tiara for Beatrice.

I remember reading a conversation yesterday (I can't figure out where, and it's annoying me) where the people were joking about how someone said Eugenie was going to wear the Greville tiara, which obviously was assumed as Camilla's. I wonder what they think now!
I'm honestly surprised she wore this tiara, if she was going to wear any of the Queen's diadems I would have thought it would have been the Strathmore Rose. Nonetheless, she looks absolutely beautiful and has wonderful tiara hair.

I guarantee it’s only a loan. There’s no more giving jewels away only to be sold to pay death taxes.

I do so hope this tiara does not end up with the York girls a nd remains within the main line. The York girls are unlikely to need tiaras very often, and can always borrow when required.

It's been stated pretty plainly that this tiara is on loan from the Queen...not a gift from the Queen.

LaRae

I loved the tiara and loved that it had a colour stone in it. I did think she would wear Sarahs tiara unless that is being saved for Beatrice? I wonder what other gems her Majesty has hidden away. It fitted perfectly on Eugenie and really complimented her hair.

I'm happy that Eugenie wore a tiara on loan from the Queen. Without the veil and wearing a tiara with British royal provenance, she truly was the princess she is.

I've just read a report too that the ring Jack placed on her finger was also a gift from the Queen. Has anyone else heard this?

Back
Top Bottom