It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it is strange to me much queno have still presented to Leonor, in other cases have immediately displayed the babies.

This they were not the first ones, the first bootees them gave before the wedding the team of football of the Atlético of Madrid, together with a vest with Letizia's name.

The bit about the feet made me laugh too! So he's give her a bath already, but not changed a diaper! Also very cute.

http://www.diariosur.es/pg051104/prensa/noticias/Costa/200511/04/SUR-COS-058.html

A dessert dedicated to the infanta Leonor

The restaurant Asturian Corner located in the square of the Church of Arroy de la Miel, has wanted to celebrate the birth of the Infanta Leonor of an original form: dedicating a dessert. This way, they have designed the frixuelo called of the Infanta Leonor, a typical dessert Asturian consisting of a crepe that they have refilled with compote of warm apple, and to that also they have added an ice cream of vanilla and cream of chestnuts, the typical autumn fruit.

Is it possible that we can see little Leonor and Letizia before monday?

I Just saw the news on TVE and they said the security is alredy moving the journalist to a place where they can take a better picture of them.

sadie said:
Is it possible that we can see little Leonor and Letizia before monday?

I Just saw the news on TVE and they said the security is alredy moving the journalist to a place where they can take a better picture of them.

The Royal House has just announced (again by SMS) that they will leave the hospital on Monday, next to 10:00 am. A spokesman from the Royal House said also that maybe will be possible that the Crown Princes appear to the press at the doors or inside of the Ruber with the little Leonor.

Last edited:
Another picture from Letizia grandparents's and niece visit to the clinic, from elmundo.es

awwww, i almost melted looking at cute irene! what a beautiful baby she is, she is following the path of juan, pablo and miguel!!

from el mundo: apparently, it will be on monday when we will get the first photo of leonor. the casa real announced via sms to the press about the date. it will be around 10 am. it also mentions that letizia's recovery is being slow because of the c-section.

A PARTIR DE LAS 10.00 HORAS
La Princesa de Asturias y su hija Leonor saldrán el lunes por la mañana de la clínica

ELMUNDO.ES | AGENCIAS
MADRID.- La Princesa de Asturias y su hija Leonor saldrán el lunes por la mañana de la Clínica Ruber Internacional, según ha informado la Casa del Rey vía SMS. Doña Letizia y la Infanta, que nació el pasado lunes de madrugada, abandonarán la clínica "a partir de las diez de la mañana".
Un portavoz de Zarzuela había expresado además la posibilidad de que mañana se produzca una aparición ante la prensa de don Felipe y doña Letizia con su recién nacida en las puertas o interior de la Clínica.
Recalcó que la recuperación de doña Letizia se produce satisfactoriamente, si bien es más lenta debido a la cesárea a la que fue sometida para dar a luz a su hija. La reforma constitucional, "sin precipitación"

Mientras la Infanta Leonor permanece en la Clínica, prosigue el debate político sobre su futuro. Hoy, la vicepresidenta del Gobierno, María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, ha reiterado la intención del Gobierno de abordar, "sin precipitación", las reformas legales necesarias para que tenga acceso al Trono.
Al término del Consejo de Ministros, la vicepresidenta comenzó la conferencia de prensa reiterando la felicitación del Gobierno en su conjunto "a los Príncipes de Asturias, a los Reyes y a la Familia Real por el nacimiento de la Infanta Leonor" y anunciando que se acometerán "las reformas legales necesarias para que la Infanta Leonor no tenga impedimento alguno en ser un día la Reina de todos los españoles".
En cuanto a la reforma de la Carta Magna, añadió que "el Gobierno tiene un compromiso muy claro: la igualdad entre hombres y mujeres en todos los ámbitos y también, en su momento, en el acceso al Trono".
Fernández de la Vega recordó las declaraciones del presidente del Gobierno, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, del pasado lunes en las que dijo que "el nacimiento tiene un profundo significado institucional porque afianza la sucesión de la Corona y con ella la continuidad". Además ha afirmado que la Corona, es "un elemento esencial en nuestro sistema político". El presidente del Gobierno, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, tiene la intención de proponer la próxima semana, en el debate sobre el Estado de las Autonomías, un calendario y un método de trabajo para la reforma constitucional que está pendiente de un informe del Consejo de Estado.

Last edited:
selminha said:
that's great.:) I can wait to see Letizia and Leonor.;) :)

however, don't take it too seriously. each newspaper is changing the day, but as it says that's what zarzuela said to the press by sms i think that may be the most accurate article and most reliable one as well.

The news is already official, if they do not change decision at the last hour they will leave the clinic on Monday morning.
This evening there visited to the family the Queen Sofia and the parents of the Princess.

From terra:

Attachments

• 71fa32633a034g.jpg
    71fa32633a034g.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 146
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 71fa.jpg
    71fa.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 71fa3.jpg
    71fa3.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Leonor scarcely has a few days of life and already the whole world thinking that education will have, if she will be formed in the army or not, if she will reign or not .... and now they want to marry her. If she had known what was waiting for her would not have had so many hurry to go out. :eek: :eek:

lula said:
Poor Leonor scarcely has a few days of life and already the whole world thinking that education will have, if she will be formed in the army or not, if she will reign or not .... and now they want to marry her. If she had known what was waiting for her would not have had so many hurry to go out. :eek: :eek:

I think the same! She has not even left the hospital and everybody is trying to guess how her life is gonna be...

It seems that we are in century XV... the Princess has little time of life and the Duke of Bragança already is to think to marry it with its son! For God, we are in century XXI! If they want to change the law it Leonor Princess to reign, already it isn't in the height of plan marriages!
I until agree (in certain way...) to the marriages for equal but I find that it is nonsense... being Princess so young e already to plan marriages!

Will this "foto de familia" be taken also on Munday, or tomorrow, on Saturday? I saw the casa real webside and both King and Queens are really busy and have many acts on Munday.

The translation of D. Duarte's interview:

D. Duarte dreams that his youngest son take the future queen of Spain to the altar

"I think it would be great if Dinis married Leonor"

She was born less than a week ago but there's some who already see her as a good catch. Princess Leonor, Felipe and Letizia's daughter could perfectly come to have a Portuguese husband. Who says it is D. Duarte de Bragança, that doesn't discard the possibility of his youngest son to propose to the one that one day could be the queen of Spain...

How did you receive the news about Leonor's birth?
Simply, I heard it on the radio

Did you talk personally with someone from the royal family about the birth?
I congratulated Felipe's aunts and sent a card to the princes, but they didn't answer it yet. They'll do it later.

Do you already know when you're going to Spain to meet the baby?
I'll have to go to Spain in December and surely will have the opportunity to visit her. I'll bring her a gift from us. Something for the future, not for a child. Only later they start to appreciate gifts. Actually, what we'll offer will be much more for the parents than for her.

Have you thought about what exactly it would be?
Maybe something in silver that has some simbolism and that be useful. As she's called Leonor, it would be fun to give something related to our queen Leonor... to make the bridge between the two countries.

Have they communicated you something about the baptism?
I don't even know if it will be a big occasion or just a family gathering. A lot of times in these cases they go for discretion. In my children's case, I chose to promote the Porto, Braga and Vila Viçosa, events that I coordinated with the municipal chambers and that served as a event for promoted the cultured of the cities they were baptized in. From the Spanish Royal Family, the Infantas Pilar and Margarita attended.

Would you like to be invited for Leonor's baptism?
As I said, I don't know the dimension of the event, if it'll be a big event or just a family gathering, or even a State occasion, when they invite the politicians responsible for diverse regions. This is not defined yet.

The Spanish law will be changed so that Leonor can be queen. Do you agree with thid decision or it's shocking for you to see a woman in the Spanish throne?
This is compliant with our reality. Before, the monarchs had to be men because of the war. But if you notice, some of the best Portuguese's chief of state were queens. Like D. Maria I for example. That's why I think that, nowadays, it doesn't make much sense to keep this situation in Spain. I'm not shocked at all, I'm all for it.

Their daughter will be their priority

The arrival of Leonor will certainly change Felipe and Letizia's life completely
Yes, completely. Their daughter is their priority now, especially for the mother. I noticed it at home - my life changed completely. In the old days, the children was in the hands of the nannies, nowadays it's not like that anymore.

From father to father, what advice would you give to the prince?
I would say that he should follow closely the growth and development of his daughter, because it's the first years that definitely mark the personality of a child.

Which kind of education will Leonor receive?
It'll surely be a lot different from her father's. I don't believe that princess Leonor will follow her father's steps in the military... I don't think they'll make her do that. The mothers always have a lot of influence and Letizia will surely have it too in this case.

Do you have any doubt that the Princes of Asturias will be good parents?
Surely they will be. They are very smart and dedicated to the mission Spain expects from them. You just only have to notice that Felipe has dedicated his whole life to Spain. And his wife now is learning a lot, despite the difficulty.

What would you think if one of your children married Leonor?
It would be very beautiful. She'll probably be a very interesting and well prepared girl... Maybe not with my oldest son, but with Dinis, the youngest. I would like it very much if he married Leonor. Our familes are very close and History brings a lot of weddings between the two families. It's very important that each of them continue to preserve the tradition of their countries.

...JuAnItA... said:
It seems that we are in century XV... the Princess has little time of life and the Duke of Bragança already is to think to marry it with its son! For God, we are in century XXI! If they want to change the law it Leonor Princess to reign, already it isn't in the height of plan marriages!
I until agree (in certain way...) to the marriages for equal but I find that it is nonsense... being Princess so young e already to plan marriages!
Juanita, D. Duarte didn't say he was "planning" his son to marry Leonor. It was the jourlalist who asked if he would like to see that happen and he just answered what he could say to that silly question: that would be a very beautiful thing to be seen.
But you already know how this silly tabloid is about headlines... :rolleyes:

Hey Anna - how thoughtful of you to post the time so we all get it right! Thanks.

Elsa M. said:
Juanita, D. Duarte didn't say he was "planning" his son to marry Leonor. It was the jourlalist who asked if he would like to see that happen and he just answered what he could say to that silly question: that would be a very beautiful thing to be seen.
But you already know how this silly tabloid is about headlines... :rolleyes:
Yes, but D. Duarte seems to me very happy with that possibility... :)

Leonor can't marry Duarte's son. She's going to marry Emmanuel of Belgium!

Oh, am I foreseing here a duel of foil and sword? :p

Oh, now I was thinking Gabriel!!

Emily said:
Oh, now I was thinking Gabriel!!
Oh, Lord, then it would be the case of a fraticide?! :D

One cuestion, are you going to open an new treat monday especialy for Leonor when she live the hospital? or We have to post the pictures here?

Emily said:
Hey Anna - how thoughtful of you to post the time so we all get it right! Thanks.

You're welcome. I myself being outside Spain know how that feels about not having the exact time. I believe I'll be able to see it live from home, since it'll be 7 a.m. in Brazil and I don't have to leave for work until 8. Fingers crossed for the punctuality;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom